• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HDB Overprotecting Sinkies Despite Huge Deficit. Acceptable?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ABOUT 40 years ago, when I was living in a three-room flat in Queenstown, I had to get my upstairs neighbour to cooperate when his waste-water pipe was exposed on my toilet ceiling.

Back then, the HDB was not obliged to fix the leak and we had to foot our own bills.

All flats deteriorate over time as a result of wear and tear, so why should the HDB be burdened with repair costs ("HDB should have access to flats for ceiling repairs: Khaw"; Dec 23)?

In private condominiums, developers usually carry out repairs for free for no more than two years after completion of the project. After that, home owners have to pay to repair any leaking pipes, ceiling seepage and so on.

The HDB has already incurred a huge deficit in the last financial year ("HDB deficit more than doubles"; Dec 18), so it is not prudent for it to provide goodwill repairs even in flats that are more than 30 years old.

It has done well to put a roof over Singaporeans' heads in the last four decades. Where else in the world would the government build executive condominiums for citizens who cannot afford private condos?

But the HDB must not overdo things.

Many flat owners can afford to buy expensive cars, yet complain that the cost of HDB parking is high and that they cannot afford to pay 25 per cent of the bill to repair ceiling leaks.

The Ministry of National Development must explore ways to cut the HDB's deficit.

Measures could include discontinuing the building of executive condos, raising the HDB season parking fee, and reducing the subsidy in the Goodwill Repair Assistance scheme.

David Goh Chee Hoe
- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/premium...ng-repair-costs-20141231#sthash.fAbhsWQg.dpuf

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok.. if you propose to dispose the useless $8 khaw becos of his overspending, i have no objection. but let me remind you, dont get another penang kia or jiu hu kia to replace him okie.

they r all farktards

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when u pay 300k plus for shitty 3rd world ghetto housing pigeon hole,u would expect at least a life time warranty on it.seriously HDB is nothing new or groundbreaking,they have been building those kind of cheap mass produced public housing in russia and eastern europe for decades.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leaky ceilings are only a few hundred. PAP can avoid deficit by letting HDB be as expensive as condos. Let them try if they want.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it proves that the pap and hdb have over-pampered sinkies. it's time to throw sinkies to the wolves if they continue to show disdain and anger for not getting more.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leaky ceilings are only a few hundred. PAP can avoid deficit by letting HDB be as expensive as condos. Let them try if they want.

I wonder who is this stupid prick who wrote this article. Clearly, he is the one who will vote for PAP no matter how badly he had been screwed.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By insinuating that 'many Sinkies can buy expensive cars', David Goh Chee Hoe is subtly praising the PAP govt for making everyone rich. It's more or less the same pre-election 'good news' routine. :wink:

By the way, is this the same David Goh Chee Hoe who got a service award from the PAP in 2008? :confused: :wink:

http://swf.docstoc.com/swf/loader.2.4.53.swf?doc_id=74265997

Page 9
West Coast GRC
David Goh Chee Hoe, PBM 吳志豪 (Silver) Ayer Rajah-West Coast

Remember, it takes a special breed of people to keep getting their letters published on the ST forum.

Here is an earlier one from him petitioning to lower property tax. :rolleyes:

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium...ices-down-yet-property-tax-unchanged-20141202

Home prices down, yet property tax unchanged
PUBLISHED ON DEC 2, 2014 12:40 AM

I JUST received my property tax bill for next year and was surprised to see that my property value has remained unchanged for the last 31/2 years. I checked with friends and they, too, face the same situation.

Government data and property analysts' latest reports show that both private and public property prices and rents have dropped over the last 18 months.

Developers and owners are trying to offload properties by lowering prices, resulting in private condominium prices sliding by not less than 20 per cent in many instances.

Some properties have been put up for auction, and owners are defaulting on mortgage instalments.

So it is surprising that the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore still maintains the same annual values for many properties.

It is time to revise the annual values of residential properties.

David Goh Chee Hoe

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Beware the narrative that HDB is bleeding profusely, or that there is actual 'home ownership' in Singapore as far as HDB flats are concerned.

Beware also those who constantly push this narrative. :wink:

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
Since when did HDB ever considered the interests of Singapore? At least not for a very long time.

Don't make me laugh.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal