• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Insolent Sinkie Demands For Year-End Bonus. Sent Packing By FT Boss!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dear Mr Lee Hiseh Loong and Mr Teo Chee Hean,

First of all, I’ll like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I’ll like to apologies for sending this long and boring email during this festive season as I understand that you need to relax and take a break after a difficult and tough 2014.

But somehow struggling deep internally, I feel that I need to bring to your attention on a case of bullying and discrimination against a Singaporean working in a Foreign Bank (called ANZ Bank).

Before I start, I need to bring across that I’m not asking the government for any handout, as I’m able to work and provide my own means.

Also, neither am I asking the government to degree a law to elevate me (or any Singaporean) to a high paying job – because I still believe in meritocracy, hard work and dedication.

What I hope to achieve is that we can bring the spirit of the Singapore National Pledge (“to build a democratic society based on justice and equality”) into the Singapore working environment.

With that in mind, I’ll like to share my story with you, which goes like this:

Background Information:

I am an IT professional with 12 years of working experience with established banks like Credit Suisse, Standard Chartered Bank and Royal Bank of Scotland.

I’ve a Master in Applied Finance (Macquarie University, Australia), a Bachelor in Computer Science (NUS) and a certification in Project Management Professional (PMP).

I first joined ANZ Bank as an IT Project Manager/Business Analyst in June 2012.

My boss (MN) and the development team are predominately based in Melbourne, and I’m the only person based in Singapore.

My main role is supposedly to be the client-facing IT person (gathering requirements and managing IT project) to the Head of Wealth Management & Private Banking, whom is based in Singapore.

My role started ok initially and the relationship with MN is relatively alright.

But things somehow took a downturn on Nov 2013 (one and a half year later), when I started enquiring MN on the year-end bonus for 2013.

After asking MN on the year-end bonus, MN started to throw allegations against me, claiming that I’m not performing to his expectation and he wanted to put me on performance review program, which will ultimately lead to the termination of my employment.

I was taken aback by his allegations and started to defend my positions by raising questions on his allegations.

In fact, I’ve requested for Singapore HR assistance to deal with this matter, as I feel that MN’s reasons for my potential dismissal are without grounds and it’s baseless.

There was a tussle on this matter and this issue drags on for 6 months – before I finally gave up the struggle on July 2014 and resigned from the job.

But I was upset with this whole episode as I genuinely believe that this is a case of bullying and discrimination by my boss, MN.

The reason for my belief is as follow:

1. MN alleged that I did not perform well in a project, when the actual fact is that I’m on leave during the time of the work rendered.

2. MN attempted to unilaterally and retrospectively update (on Nov 2013) my performance review, which is closed on Aug 2013 based on the company’s financial year.

3. MN alleged that I did not comply with one of the project policy but the actual fact is that the non-compliance is due to business user verification, and not me. However, my comments fell into deaf ears.

4. MN has been making improper comments as a manager – alleging that “I agree” that I’m under performing. MN is trying to force me to accept my under performance with his unreasonable justification (based on his email extract):

“During the meeting you stated that ‘I agree that I am underperforming’. I made a note of this comment specifically in my notebook.”

5. Before I resigned, I’ve tried to raise this issue with MN’s immediate superiors, namely TG (Department head in Melbourne) and DA (IT Head in Melbourne). However, I was shocked by TG and DA’s response as

DA had feedback that he does not want to be involved in any discussion on this issue

TG feels that by looking at MN’s evidence and without looking at mine, TG feels that MN is correct in his judgment.

This clearly shows that DA & TG stands firmly behind MN and they are not interested in looking at my evidences.

But this seems inevitable as I learned that DA, TG & MN are “very good mates” in their own country and they will always protect each other.

I strongly believe that due to some unknown reasons, MN, TG and DA are architecting/plotting my employment termination.

Also I’ve learned that ANZ Bank has a history of unfair work practices, unfair dismissal and discrimination against Singaporean (see link below), and so I’m fighting a lost cause.

http://www.transitioning.org/2013/11/12/whistleblower-unfairly-dismissse...

(NOTE: To substantiate my case, I’ve attached a copy of the email correspond I had with ANZ bank – ANZ Bank Case ID: 4050019. Also, I’ve raised a case with TAFEP with the TAFEP Reference: 101709.)

Aftermath:

I’ve spoken to Ms Indranee Thurai Rajah (who is the MP in my area) sometime in Aug/Sep 2014 about my situation and I’ve highlighted the lack of legal framework/structure to protect PMET.

But it is mentioned that there is no framework/structure for my grievances due to the following reasons:

1. Singapore needs foreign investor (FDI) to generate jobs for Singaporean

2. Having legal framework will incur higher operating cost for companies operating in Singapore

3. PMET will have the money to fight his/her own legal battle.

I disagreed with the above mentioned point and I feel that a framework/structure needs to be in place for all Singaporean, regardless of their pay scale, PMET or non-PMET.

The reason is because

1. I’m the only Singaporean in my current workplace. In my industry, Singaporean is the minority. I don’t see jobs created for Singaporean based on any FDI in my industry.

2. Having a legal framework to address Bullying, Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Harassment will strengthen a company’s HR policy on recruitment & redundancy.

This will also ensure a better mechanism to address and resolve internal conflicts within the company.

The cost will only be realized when a company is found guilty of malpractices and negligent.

3. It’s very difficult and tough for an employee (regardless of their pay-scale) to sue an employer, as a well-established organization has all the assets and muscle to handle any legal challenge.It will also be financially straining for an employee to pursue legal recourse.

I understand that building this employment framework/structure is somewhat challenging, as it requires a delicate balance between the needs of companies in the private sector and the needs of the average Singaporean.

But however, I sincerely hope that you can look into this matter and ensure a better working environment for the average Singaporean who is looking to provide for their family.

Dear Mr Low Thia Khiang, Ms Sylvia Lim and Mr Tan Jee Say,

I’ve included you in this email as I believe that you can provide an alternate voice to the people of Singapore.

I hope that you can also help in this matter, which is affecting every Singaporean in their daily life.

If required, I can provide additional materials for your election campaign for 2015/2016.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this email

Appreciate it

Cheers

Cheong Teck Yuan

*Letter first appeared in Transitioning.org.

http://therealsingapore.com/content/singaporean-bullied-ft-boss-and-forced-resign

JohorRookie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Cheong sounds like a PAP sympathizer appealing for PAP's sympathy. He genuinely believed his PAP MP could make a difference.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Cheong is a fickle-minded sinkie. He wants his PAP MP to help, but yet, sends this email to the useless opposition too. He should make up his mind regarding who he thinks can help him.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1) Who did Teck Yuan voted for
2) WTF is MN

He probably voted for the FAP Traitors. He would think very very hard before voting for the Oppo for the coming GE. It is probably easier to bet that he would at most spoil his vote. If he managed to find a 'government job' before the GE, you can bet with your last dollar that he will encourage his whole clan to vote for the FAP Traitors and slap you if you praise the Oppo in front of him.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

He probably voted for the FAP Traitors. He would think very very hard before voting for the Oppo for the coming GE. It is probably easier to bet that he would at most spoil his vote. If he managed to find a 'government job' before the GE, you can bet with your last dollar that he will encourage his whole clan to vote for the FAP Traitors and slap you if you praise the Oppo in front of him.

The only government job he can find is a security guard at some installation. Hopefully, he won't get beaten to death while preventing some drunk Kiwi or Aussie taking a leak at the stairway.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi Makapaa, I am honoured to receive a reply from you. All along I thought makapaa is a automatic posting machine.:smile:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the PAP retains power in 2016, then the PMET deserves to be tortured. PMET can make the right decision by canvassing everyone they know to vote the PAP out.

We need more PMET to be replaced by foreigners from now till election to ensure that sinkees can see how loyal the PAP is to sinkees.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1) Who did Teck Yuan voted for
2) WTF is MN

1)definitely voted for pappies, that's how indranee that has a rajah of a rear came to be his mp.
2) manicum neh, who is another ahneh that's flooding the banking industry, so you can guess the outcome when two ahnehs meet:wink:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP's line is that we need more foreign PMETs to work in the IT sector to support the banking sector. Cut down the foreign PMET, two sectors will be hurt.
I hope the WP has prepared its attack lines to show the PAP is inept and morally bankrupt.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The karmic effect of being a ball-less sinkie shit...

that is why i stay away from sinkies..

You want to train your balls, then go out and fuck some foreign shit like those from pinoy and china, indians too. This should be a good daily exercise by all sinkies.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The unemployed PMETs should form a group with the sole aim sinkapore an undesirable place for foreigners. It is time sinkees to realize that the PAP government doesn't give a damn about them and they will have to be the solution and take action.

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
if really wanna fight. No point go MP. Retrieve all your sent email history and work related documentation such as employment contract find a lawyer. Stop whining If no money to engage lawyer then just suck thumb and move on.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a typical Sinkie, writing to the Clown Prince for
justice! he's still asleep with wat going around him. If he knows he was wrongfully sack, just get a lawyer and sue the fooking Co. Surely, its not the end of the world for him, why scoop so low to Pinky or any MP. All the dollars and time spent on his education is of total waste, tos Geylang buggers hve more respect than tis bum.

lorrydriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
when will sinkies learn that the annual bonus is BS sold by GLCs to cheat sinkies. if you don't work for GLCs make sure you accept the job based on an annual package and don't dream of annual bonuses or even AWS.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
when will sinkies learn that the annual bonus is BS sold by GLCs to cheat sinkies. if you don't work for GLCs make sure you accept the job based on an annual package and don't dream of annual bonuses or even AWS.

Sinkies should be grateful that they are given a 13th month bonus, even though they work for only 12 months, of which they take so much leave for reservist and maternity leave. Still dare to demand for annual bonus. The cheebye kia deserves to be sent packing and replaced by another Aussie mate.

nufala

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies should be grateful that they are given a 13th month bonus, even though they work for only 12 months, of which they take so much leave for reservist and maternity leave. Still dare to demand for annual bonus. The cheebye kia deserves to be sent packing and replaced by another Aussie mate.

In troubled times Singaporeans will stand up for Singapore so why cant they be entitled to a reasonable bonus during times of peace when business flourish. Answer me that.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In troubled times Singaporeans will stand up for Singapore so why cant they be entitled to a reasonable bonus during times of peace when business flourish. Answer me that.

How do you know Sinkies will stand up for Singapore in troubled times? That has never been proven.

Security is important, but nobody is keen to pay security top value. That is why security guards are despised and paid barely a minimum wage.

And most importantly, you are arguing your point based on gratitude. In life, most people find gratitude a burden and revenge a pleasure.

To most Sinkies, the greatest Sinkie that ever walked this earth is the Old Man. He didn't get to where he was by loyalty and gratitude. He did it by constantly switching loyalties. We are not like the Europeans, where if you are found to be associated with the Nazis, your public career is doomed. We are Asiatics. Loyalty is only meant for the lowly peasants, while the top dogs constantly switch loyalties and cut deals for their survival and prosperity. Gratitude is a burden.