• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A squash racket for beginners

JohorRookie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have recently decided to take up this sports. I had found it hard to find squash courts in Singapore, but recently I found one that is near my place.

Is it possible to get something less than $80 with strings, light weight and good control? Any recommendations from members who are familiar with this particular sports?

alchemist

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have recently decided to take up this sports. I had found it hard to find squash courts in Singapore, but recently I found one that is near my place.

Is it possible to get something less than $80 with strings, light weight and good control? Any recommendations from members who are familiar with this particular sports?

go to Cash converter..outlet..
should be able to get it cheaper...if you do not mind a "2nd hand" piece ?

alchemist

Alfrescian
Loyal
I need to know what to look out for. I'm not familiar with the racket technology.

get one which is graphite, light weight and balance..
strings must be "firm"..

anyway..since you are new..

buy one which you can be comfortable when you swing the racket will do ?

sorry... i have lost touch with squash...(almost 20 -30 yrs back!)
when we use to play at Fort Cannings and Kampong Java (now KK HOsp)

cant comment much liao..(paiseh)

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Find one with a big head. The bigger the better. The price should be reasonable. Not expensive.any brand also can.

jw5

Loyal
Did you know that the official name for the sport is "Squash Rackets"? :wink:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sorry... i have lost touch with squash...(almost 20 -30 yrs back!)
when we use to play at Fort Cannings and Kampong Java (now KK HOsp)

cant comment much liao..(paiseh)

Squash used to be very popular in Spore in the past. You could also find squash courts in some community centres e.g. Sennet CC
In the past community centres had badminton, tennis, basket courts.

With the move to a more profit motivated PAP gov't & the planned 10 million city all of these places are history. It is all part of the cost of the PAP move to pack Spore with sardines:(

lorrydriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
Squash used to be very popular in Spore in the past. You could also find squash courts in some community centres e.g. Sennet CC

With the move to a more profit motivated PAP gov't & the planned 10 million city all of these places are history. It is all part of the cost of the PAP move to pack Spore with sardines:(

ya, converted the squash courts into karaoke rooms....:oIo:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was surprised that they still sell the squash rackets online in Spore:eek:
The new rackets look different from the old models. I had a wooden model that had Jonah Barrington's name printed on the racket in the old days:o

Take a look at http://list.qoo10.sg/s/SQUASH-RACKET?keyword=squash+racket&keyword_auto_change=

I remember seeing some older sports stores at Peninsula Shopping Centre(next to Funan). Maybe the stores there still carry Squash gear:confused:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is a squashed racket.

image.jpg

JohorRookie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Are we still a top squash (racket) sports nation in SEA or Asia ? I remember the game used to be dominated by Pakistani.