• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Air Asia flight bound for Singapore lost contact with air traffic

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: It's really a bad idea to climb over the thunderstorm...AirAsia QZ8501

the weather radar indicated 44k ft. of thunderstorm activity at time of disappearance.

Animalize

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

'We are so thankful to god': Man who was supposed to travel on missing AirAsia flight with his wife and three young children cancelled his tickets YESTERDAY after his father became ill

• Chandra Susanto, from Surabaya in Indonesia, had booked seats on missing Air Asia flight QZ8501
  • He was meant to fly with his wife and three children but his father fell ill
  • Mr Susanto cancelled the tickets the day before the flight went missing
  • He said that the family is thankful to God, but that they are still very concerned for those that were on board the flight
  • Distressed relatives of the passengers and crew have gathered at airports in Singapore and Indonesia to await news of the flight
By Lucy Thackray for Daily Mail Australia and Heather Mcnab
Published: 12:35 GMT, 28 December 2014 | Updated: 16:48 GMT, 28 December 2014

An Indonesian man scheduled to travel on the missing Air Asia Indonesia flight with his family has thanked God that chance led him to cancel their tickets just a day before it disappeared.

Chandra Susanto, from Surabaya, in Indonesia, had booked seats on QZ8501 from Surabaya to Singapore, which lost contact with air aviation control at 6.17am this morning, for his wife and three children to visit his father.

'We had been planning our holiday to Singapore since March 2014 so it was a great surprise for us when we cancelled our holiday yesterday', Mr Susanto told Daily Mail Australia.

244BB0D000000578-0-image-m-4_1419766349445.jpg

Chandra Susanto, from Surabaya, in Indonesia, had booked flights on QZ8501 from Surabaya to Singapore with his wife and three children

He was scheduled to fly with his wife Inge and three children, Christopher,10, Nadine, 7, and Felix, 5, on the Air Asia flight, which has 155 passengers and seven crew on board.
'My father became ill so we had to cancel our flight,' Mr Susanto said.

'It was a difficult decision to make because my son Christopher was so disappointed. He had been looking forward to the holiday for a long time.'

Mr Susanto's name appears on the list of 'no-shows' for the Air Asia flight, along with his wife and children, and 18 others.

The ticket he had printed out showing the booking for the flight is a frightening reminder of how close the family came to being on the plane.

244BB0D400000578-2889017-Mr_Susanto_s_name_appears_on_the_list_of_no_shows_for_the_Air_As-a-11_1419768741704.jpg

Mr Susanto (back, right) was scheduled to fly with his wife Inge (back, left) and three children, Christopher,10 (front, left), Nadine, 7 (front, middle), and Felix, 5 (front, right), on the Air Asia flight

244B94EB00000578-2889017-Mr_Susanto_s_name_appears_on_the_list_of_no_shows_for_the_Air_As-a-12_1419768741786.jpg

Mr Susanto's name appears on the list of 'no-shows' for the Air Asia flight, along with his wife and children, and 18 others

244B94EF00000578-0-image-a-7_1419767247744.jpg

'We had been planning our holiday to Singapore since March 2014 so it was a great surprise for us when we cancelled our holiday yesterday', Mr Susanto said

He said that the family had only heard about the missing flight when his sister called to see whether he and his wife were safe.

'I found out about the flight when my sister called me. She was so scared. She had seen the news on tv,' Mr Susanto said.

He said that while he and his family were relieved to not have been on the flight, they were still extremely concerned about those still on board.

'I am very thankful to God for his mercy for me and my family. But I am so sad and very sorry for the people on the plane,' Mr Susanto said.

244B94DF00000578-2889017-_I_am_very_thankful_to_God_for_his_mercy_for_me_and_my_family_Bu-a-13_1419768741799.jpg

He said that the family had only heard about the missing flight when his sister called to see whether he and his wife were safe

244B94E400000578-2889017-_I_am_very_thankful_to_God_for_his_mercy_for_me_and_my_family_Bu-a-14_1419768741843.jpg

'I am very thankful to God for his mercy for me and my family. But I am so sad and very sorry for the people on the plane,' Mr Susanto said

'They were just travelling to Singapore, maybe with their family, maybe for a holiday. And now they are lost,' he said.

'Our lives have changed. We are so grateful. We have an opportunity to be the best people we can and to help others. We are so thankful to God,' he said.

Distressed relatives of those still on board have gathered at Changi Airport in Singapore and Juanda Airport in Surabaya, Indonesia, to await news of the missing flight.

A massive search and rescue operation is currently under way for the plane, and fishing boats and official vessels have been sent out by Indonesia's national search and rescue authority, along with helicopters and Hercules aircraft from Singapore.

244B706800000578-2889017-image-a-15_1419768900547.jpg

Distressed relatives of those still on board have gathered at Changi Airport in Singapore and Juanda Airport in Surabaya, Indonesia, to await news of the missing flight

244BB7CE00000578-2889017-image-a-19_1419768950639.jpg

The massive search and rescue operation is currently under way for the plane has been suspended

244B7F0B00000578-2889017-image-a-16_1419768908607.jpg

The Air Asia flight had 155 passengers and seven crew on board

There is an unconfirmed report of a wreckage spotted east of Belitung Island in the Java Sea, of the east coast of Samutra, 100 miles from where the plane was last tracked.

The search efforts for the plane’s wreckage are focusing around the area of the Java Sea near Belitung.

Boats have been sent from Tanjung Pandan, the largest town on Belitung Island, but are not expected to reach the area until midnight local time, due to inclement weather and sea conditions.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The electricity might have opened up a portal to another dimension.

I think there's a region in Asia that's similar to the Bermuda triangle.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The electricity might have opened up a portal to another dimension.

I think there's a region in Asia that's similar to the Bermuda triangle.

that's gms's area of expertise then....:eek:

Animalize

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/C7BU_f1_kG8?rel=0&showinfo=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Tony Fernandes: missing plane 'never had any problems'

pilot_3149641c.jpg

This is the first image we've seen of Captain Irianto, pilot of the airline's missing flight QZ8501.

The picture was posted on social media by his daughter Angela Ranastianis.

His nephew praised Capt Irianto as "a very caring person"

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether he is a caring father to tonychat is not imprt. What is imprt is that when his lumber is up the passengers lumber also up.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

So can tong 20 CTS n restart game?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Surely by today's standard, pitot static is not required anymore to determine flight speed. Can use gps, no?

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal

Need more data please send in more ground observers to the accident area. Everything else is just speculation.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Need more data please send in more ground observers to the accident area. Everything else is just speculation.

You want more data? How about the plane landed!!! So you think you can handle the truth?? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/mzTrwbUOhhg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Published on Dec 28, 2014
Shows as LANDED?!

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/air...

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/fli...

It is for sure listing the flight track for the plane on 12.27 as the MISSING plane... sure it operates other days under the same 8501 number, but for some reason flightradar shows this plane as "landed" on 12.27, but flightTRACKER has it deleted... which is contradictory.. because if the plane goes every day, then it should show on 12.27 on flightTRACKER.

Therefore, flightTRACKER has been edited, or censored in some way, deleting the actual flight on 12.27, and replacing it with NOTHING.. instead we've got people using flightTRACKER to debunk flightRADAR .. but flightRADAR has the ACTUAL TRACK of the plane listed as 12.27 ..

SO, do we have a conspiracy, well... now... now that they're editing sites and screwing up.. and bots are running with the data to put out this fire, then I'd say YES.. it is a conspiracy.. a group of people working together to accomplish a secret goal.

Happens all the time, especially with missing planes from Malaysia which go missing 3 times in 6 months.

Aircraft information

Model : 8A017B
Type : A320
Type : Airbus A320-216
S/N : 3648
Airline : Indonesia AirAsia

_____

2014-12-27 Surabaya (SUB) Singapore (SIN) QZ8501 22:20 22:35 00:30 Landed 00:29

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Add up all 3 flights: mh370, mh17 and qz8501 and wat u get?

Huat Ah!!!!!

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Have you all seen the pictures posted on this forum of relatives and next of kin at the room at Changi Airport Terminal 2?

How many of them? Can you count by your fingers?

There're 162 passengers. If most of them are Indonesians, what're they doing on the flight to Singapore? To come here to work or return from holiday in Indonesia? So many children, so a good portion are families, but why come to Singapore with families during December, after the Christmas? Because they stay here in Singapore. but if so, why go back to Indonesia for Christmas, when they can take one whole stretch of holidays from 25th Dec 2014 till 1st Jan 2015.

So, if the next of kin and relatives are not in Singapore, then we should be seeing Surabaya Airport filled with relatives and next of kin, right? But where're these next of kin and relatives? Can count by the handful only, right?

So, from this, I am inclined to make the prediction that the Indonesian govt and military will NOT find the plane. It will have disappeared, just like MH370.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
pilot_3149641c.jpg

This is the first image we've seen of Captain Irianto, pilot of the airline's missing flight QZ8501.

The picture was posted on social media by his daughter Angela Ranastianis.

His nephew praised Capt Irianto as "a very caring person"

pilots_2860418b.jpg

MH 370 pilot

can you tell me which race and religion are these made of?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If you see the list, and check out the pilot, there is one religion which made up most of the pilot..

Malaysia, Algerie, Iran, Indonesia...

only Taiwan which is not from that one religion crashes and still got survivors...

This is so fucking clear... the bad karma of killing sheeps and cows every year.

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Correct...chances are you can never outclimb thunderstorm clouds, even one that is forming. The energy level of active cumulonimbus cloud in the forming, mature and dissipating stage can rip an aircraft apart without any warning. It would be better for the pilots to avoid these kind of cloud by a wide margin and also to avoid it on the upwind side if possible.

Clearly, the safe manoeuvre is to divert your route away from the thunderstorm at the same altitude, because one cannot out-climb a thunderstorm, which is known to form all the way to 55k feet and some even to 90k feet.

新加坡内阁总李

Alfrescian
Loyal
fly into a storm and vanished AF447 vs QZ8501 both Airbus planes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_France_Flight_447

http://www.wsj.com/video/airasia-fl...ing/0BFDF75C-533D-4D26-ACE7-0860799D3895.html

Air France Flight 447 (AF447/AFR447[a]) was a scheduled, international, long-haul passenger flight, operated by the French airline Air France from Rio de Janeiro to Paris. On 1 June 2009 the aircraft being flown, an Airbus A330, just after 02:14 UTC, crashed into the Atlantic Ocean. All 228 passengers, aircrew and cabin crew aboard the plane were killed.[2]

While the Brazilian Navy removed the first major wreckage and two bodies from the sea within five days of the accident, the BEA's (Bureau d'Enquêtes et d'Analyses pour la Sécurité de l'Aviation Civile) initial investigation was hampered because the aircraft's black boxes were not recovered from the ocean floor until May 2011, nearly two years later.[1][3]
Air France Flight 447 (AF447/AFR447[a]) was a scheduled, international, long-haul passenger flight, operated by the French airline Air France from Rio de Janeiro to Paris. On 1 June 2009 the aircraft being flown, an Airbus A330, just after 02:14 UTC, crashed into the Atlantic Ocean. All 228 passengers, aircrew and cabin crew aboard the plane were killed.[2]

While the Brazilian Navy removed the first major wreckage and two bodies from the sea within five days of the accident, the BEA's (Bureau d'Enquêtes et d'Analyses pour la Sécurité de l'Aviation Civile) initial investigation was hampered because the aircraft's black boxes were not recovered from the ocean floor until May 2011, nearly two years later.[1][3]

新加坡内阁总李

Alfrescian
Loyal

It really depends on the serivce ceiling of that particular model and the height of the storm cloud.

The ceiling for A320 is 12km or 39k ft and the cloud of storm reported ahead of it was 44k ft. This pilot had no chance to fly above that. He either have to go AROUND that storm or go THROUGH or TRUN BACK.

Instead of that he attempted to go above it by requesting clearance from control to raise to 38k ft. that is insufficient to clear that storm cloud ahead. I think he was doing that to just clear some other lower cloud besides the highest and then go AROUND the peak of the storm.

When I fly, I enjoy watching the storms. They are extremely beautiful natural sights.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NGlbwmF2Lh4/TPd2dPnQNdI/AAAAAAAATWA/R2LD2XT-pk0/s400/Dramatic+Storm+Clouds_12.jpg

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
When there is a raging thunderstorm and turbulence in the sky and you're flying at 32k feet, it is really a bad idea to climb over the thunderstorm to elevate to 38k feet, because while the plane is climbing, it is at an angle and at that speed, and still within the turbulent clouds, it can easily tilt over and stall. Besides, the higher you go, the chance of ice crystals forming and disrupting your instruments becomes higher. Clearly, the safe manoeuvre is to divert your route away from the thunderstorm at the same altitude, because one cannot out-climb a thunderstorm, which is known to form all the way to 55k feet and some even to 90k feet.

And since you have flight knowledge, you must be very well aware that they are instances where the storm clubs are too big and you could be limited by space because there could be restricted airspace where you cannot fly into. I am second guessing but a pilot with more than 20k hours should be well aware of his options

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

There're 162 passengers. If most of them are Indonesians, what're they doing on the flight to Singapore? To come here to work or return from holiday in Indonesia? So many children, so a good portion are families, but why come to Singapore with families during December, after the Christmas?.

Becos there is a big laundry machine in Singapore for washing money