• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Air Asia flight bound for Singapore lost contact with air traffic

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SAR operations would have long started already

if indeed crash, most of the indon passengers ,domestic helpers sinkieland bound? their families will have a windfall...

our airforce would have info...for sure..now just wayang to deploy plane and boats to clock up Search and Rescue invoice to airasia.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
SAR operations would have long started already

now the diplomatic golfing between jib~gor and obama~san ,more than meets the eyes..

given the paranoia nature of SAF, 24x7 air and sea patrols should pickup something.

just to add, there are few days to go before 2014 is over.

would someone invite the bomoh abang AGAIN?!

hqdefault.jpg

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) — An AirAsia plane with 161 people on board lost contact with ground control on Sunday while flying over the Java Sea after taking off from a provincial city in Indonesia for Singapore, and search and rescue operations were underway.

AirAsia, a regional low-cost carrier with presence in several Southeast Asian countries, said in a statement that the missing plane was an Airbus A320-200 and that search and rescue operations were in progress.

Flight QZ8501 lost communication with Jakarta's air traffic control at 7:24 a.m. Singapore time (2324 GMT Saturday) about an hour before it was scheduled to land in Singapore, the Singapore Civil Aviation Authority said in a statement. The contact was lost about 42 minutes after the single-aisle jetliner took off from Indonesia's Surabaya airport, Hadi Mustofa, an official of the transportation ministry told Indonesia's MetroTV.

The plane had six crew and 155 passengers, including 16 children and one infant, the general manager of Surabaya's Juanda airport, Trikora Raharjo, told The Associated Press.

There were six foreigners — three South Koreans including an infant and one each from Singapore, Britain and Malaysia, said Raharjo. The rest were Indonesians, he said.

The plane lost contact when it was believed to be over the Java Sea between Kalimantan and Java islands, Mustofa said. He said the weather in the area was cloudy.

The Singapore statement said search and rescue operations have been activated by the Indonesian authorities. It said the Singapore air force and the navy also were searching with two C-130 planes.

Flightradar24, a flight tracking website, said the plane was delivered in September 2008, which would make it six years old. It said the plane was flying at 32,000 feet (9,700 meters), the regular cruising altitude for most jetliners, when the signal from the plane was lost

The Malaysia-based AirAsia, which has dominated cheap travel in the region for years, has never lost a plane before.

This is the third major air incident for Southeast Asia this year. On March 8, Malaysia Airlines flight 370, a wide-bodied Boeing 777, went missing soon after taking off from Kuala Lumpur for Beijing. It remains missing until this day with 239 people in one of the biggest aviation mysteries. Another Malaysia Airlines flight, also a Boeing 777, was shot down over rebel-controlled eastern Ukraine while on a flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur on July 17. A total of 298 people on board were killed.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Singapore said on Sunday it has activated its air force and navy to help in the search and rescue operation for the AirAsia jet that went missing on a flight from Surabaya, Indonesia to Singapore.

"Two C130s are already on stand-by for this purpose. We remain ready to provide any assistance to support the search and rescue effort," the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore said in a statement.

A waiting area, and facilities and support have been set up for relatives at Changi Airport Terminal 2, it said.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
what a great way to draw attention away from the inapt handling of flood situation.

[video=youtube;2L-qOQYgXho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L-qOQYgXho[/video]

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some indons have chinese surname and name themselves in a sinkie way but these 2 listed are most likely the malaysian and the sinkie on board

20431750f282824948c57b65bdd9cec9faa6d5f5.jpg

204317499edf210d33abc322978c9442157f3239.jpg

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
die another mat plane crashed

LIVE BLOG: AirAsia QZ8501 from Indonesia to Singapore missing

Search and rescue operations are under way for missing AirAsia flight QZ8501.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: die another mat plane crashed

there is this saying 3 in a roll this year for malaysia aviation. 无三不成理。

hope the passengers RIP.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: die another mat plane crashed

Wreckage Found

BREAKING: AirAsia flight QZ8501 with 162 on board goes missing after take-off

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
An Air Asia flight travelling from Surabaya to Singapore has lost contact with air traffic control, Metro TV reported on Sunday. -- PHOTO: AIRASIA
An Air Asia plane travelling from Surabaya, Indonesia to Singapore has lost contact with air traffic control, Indonesia's Metro TV reported on Sunday.

QZ 8501 took off from Surabaya on Sunday morning and was scheduled to land at Changi Airport at 0830 hrs, according to Metro TV.

But the plane lost contact in Indonesian airspace at around 0710 hrs, said the report.

There are reportedly 162 people on board.

Who is Ng E Jay?

file:///C:/Users/ngejay/Desktop/Air%20Asia%20flight%20bound%20for%20Singapore%20lo st%20contact%20with%20air%20traffic%20%20Report%20-%20South-east%20Asia%20News%20%26%20Top%20Stories%20-%20The%20Straits%20Times.htm#sthash.WIGFv3oq.dpuf

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i didn't fly much this year except to melbourne in june. i told myself there may be another one coming, i guess i was right cos' bad things dun come alone. i am not being wicked but there is always a logic behind old man saying. i am supposed to meet joe in bkk, i thought to mysel i will only go next year.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Missing AirAsia flight: White House monitoring situation

WASHINGTON: The situation surrounding an AirAsia plane that disappeared while travelling from Indonesia to Singapore is being monitored by the White House and that President Barack Obama has been briefed on the matter.

The Airbus A320-200 with 162 people on board left Juanda international airport in Surabaya in east Java at 5.20am Sunday and had been expected to arrive in Singapore at 8.30am.

“The president has been briefed on AirAsia Flight 8501 and White House officials will continue to monitor the situation,” White House spokesman Eric Schultz said late Saturday.

Malaysia-based AirAsia said the pilot of flight QZ8501 had requested “deviation” from the its flight plan because of bad weather, and that a search and rescue operation was underway.

Indonesia’s air transportation director general Djoko Murjatmodjo told AFP the plane was carrying seven crew and 155 passengers - 138 adults, 16 children and a baby.

Local broadcaster MetroTV reported that the passengers included 149 Indonesians, three South Koreans, including a baby, one Briton and one Malaysian and one Singaporean.

Obama and his family are on vacation in his home state of Hawaii for the holidays. - AFP
1 + 1 = 3 ... :o

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Judging from what I have heard and seen, it looks like the plane may have suffered a mid-air catastrophic failure.

i think all bets were off - in the plane's safe arrival at destination, once the pilot changed course.
the indon's atc in tracking / monitoring the flight path would be "off" their radars, given their bo-chap competence :eek: