• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"Asian" family 4 killed when driver does U turn in front of logging truck.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Nationality not revealed yet. Could be kiwi asians or tourists.

printLogo.png

Four dead in U-turn crash on SH1

By Sophie Ryan @SophieRyan, Mathew Dearnaley
7:45 PM Tuesday Dec 23, 2014
horror_220x147.jpg

Photo / Daniel Hines

The car involved in a crash that killed four people was making a U-turn when it was hit by an oncoming logging truck, police say.

Four people in the car, two adults and two children, were killed, and an eight-year-old boy - who had also been travelling in the car - was critically injured.

Police have yet to contact the victim's extended family, but have confirmed they were of Asian descent.

utiti5.JPG

The scene of the tragedy. Photo / Brett Phibbs

The crash happened on State Highway 1 near Waipu at Uretiti about 1pm. SH1 was closed for several hours, but has now been re-opened, although a speed restriction has been put in place.

Speaking at a press conference at Whangarei Police Station today, Northland road policing boss Murray Hodson said the crash was a result of the driver of the car making an error of judgement, with fatal consequences.

"This is a tragedy - a catastrophic scene - and there will be a number of people who will be affected by this incident."
The injured child had been taken from the scene by Northland Electricity rescue helicopter.

Mr Hodson said there were already reports of drivers speeding to get to their destinations after being delayed by the crash.
"Please slow down. We want you to get to your destination safely and police do not want to attend another crash like this one. We also don't want to tell other families that their loved ones have died on the road this Christmas."

crashscene231214-2.jpg

Skid marks on the road can be seen at the scene of the fatal crash. Photo / Peter Carr

A woman living about 500 metres south of the crash scene, Lee Hanna, said the truck and trailer unit were still upright with a load of logs intact among trees beside State Highway 1 but the cab was sprawled on its side, jack-knifed across on lane of the road wheels facing the road.

She could see a car upside down about 20 metres south of the truck, also among trees and beside the coastal side of the highway.

"It's a dreadful mess - there's a lot of squashed metal all over the road," said Mrs Hanna, a health and safety consultant, who was away at Ruakaka when the crash happened, and joined nose to tail traffic on a diversion route to get back home..

utiti2.JPG

Photo / Daniel Hines

Pete Turnball, pilot for Northland Electricity rescue helicopter, said the crew transported the critically hurt boy to Whangarei Hospital.

A rescue helicopter had left the scene before 2pm, but returned about half an hour later, rejoining two ambulances and three fire trucks.

DO YOU KNOW MORE? CONTACT THE HERALD HERE

The crash scene was south of the Waipu Golf Club, about 100m from the end of a passing lane on a recently-resealed stretch of highway.

A manager at the Department of Conservation's Uretiti Beach camp-site north of the crash scene said campers among the almost 200 people staying there were "quite shaken", although she was unaware of any who witnessed the carnage.

"It's a real tragedy," she said, adding that she was hoping for a safe exodus from the camp on January 2, when it traditionally emptied out after New Year's celebrations to make way for family groups.

utiti3.JPG

Photo / Daniel Hines

The woman, who did not want to be named, said no large family such as may have been involved in the crash was booked to stay at the camp tonight.

But she said that did not necessarily rule out the camp as an intended destination for the victims.

No traffic was being allowed to reach the camp from the south, but she said police were letting through vehicles heading to it from the north.

crashmap231214.jpg

The fatal crash has closed State Highway 1 between Rosythe and Mountfield roads.

The crash happened about 1km away from the Uretiti Beach Camping Ground, manager David Archer said.

He said the crash was "horrific" and had left visitors to the camp ground wondering what had happened.

"The road is closed, there has been no traffic for about two hours going past... There is a truck up there that looks like it has been damaged."

Mr Archer said he was not sure whether the passengers of the vehicle were heading to the campsite.

"I have no idea whether they were heading here or just passing by, it is the main road so there is a huge amount of traffic passing backwards and forwards to Whangarei.

utiti4.JPG

Photo / Daniel Hines

- additional reporting Northern Advocate

By Sophie Ryan @SophieRyan, Mathew Dearnaley
- NZME.

Copyright ©2014, APN New Zealand Limited

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
New Zealand most beautiful places in the world.

But deadly on the highways too! Drive carefully!!

extramarital

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
New Zealand most beautiful places in the world.

But deadly on the highways too! Drive carefully!!

Agree with you.

NZ like OZ and the UK only have 2 lane highways in the countryside with no center divider and have narrow shoulders which makes long distance driving not as safe as the Interstate Highway System and Motorways in the United States and continental Western Europe where motorists drive on 2-lane highways in each direction with wide center divider, wide shoulder for emergency stops, no intersections, no U-turns except for Highway Patrol Officers and State Troopers, and controlled entries/exits. Bicycles and pedestrians are not allowed.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WQdAwY552Tc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

extramarital

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Good guess, probably males with their heads wrapped. They usually migrate with extended family.

The victims are most likely Chinks. Watch the video embedded in the news article linked below which showed the vehicle they were driving was a luxury SUV 'Land Rover.' It's usually the Chinks, among the various groups of Asians in Western countries, who would spend large amount of money on luxury vehicles to show off and for face's sake.

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/25844775/four-killed-in-northland-head-on-crash/

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lucky not white people got killed................Asians, never mind lah.................the world is overloaded with them anyway...........

if black then lagi best.................if jews, then i'll believe in a god................

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
As expected....all PRC Nationals. Loads of money to buy flash vehicles but clueless when it comes to driving....

Victims of fatal U-turn crash named

3:39 PM Wednesday Dec 24, 2014

<figure>
crash_620x310.jpg
<figcaption class="caption">Two men and two young girls were killed in the crash on State Highway 1, north of Waipu. Photo / Daniel Hines</figcaption> </figure>
The four people who died in a horrific crash on State Highway One yesterday when a Range Rover did a U-turn into the path of a logging truck have been named.

They were Andy Li, 43, Catherine Li, 10, Xingwu Bian, 47 and Ximeng Bian, 8. All four were from Auckland.

The 8-year-old boy who was injured in the crash has been transferred to Auckland Starship Hospital where he remains in a stable condition.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
As expected....all PRC Nationals. Loads of money to buy flash vehicles but clueless when it comes to driving....

Victims of fatal U-turn crash named

3:39 PM Wednesday Dec 24, 2014

<figure>
crash_620x310.jpg
<figcaption class="caption">Two men and two young girls were killed in the crash on State Highway 1, north of Waipu. Photo / Daniel Hines</figcaption> </figure>
The four people who died in a horrific crash on State Highway One yesterday when a Range Rover did a U-turn into the path of a logging truck have been named.

They were Andy Li, 43, Catherine Li, 10, Xingwu Bian, 47 and Ximeng Bian, 8. All four were from Auckland.

The 8-year-old boy who was injured in the crash has been transferred to Auckland Starship Hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
it used to be sinkies inn the 199os and 2000s that get themselves killed on aussies and NZ roads. now it is ah tiongs as they travelled overseas. I must say these people have the worst driving habits. esp you see sinkies in NS highway in mudland refusing to give way. on highways trucks are king as they take at least100 m to come to a full stop due to their massive momentum. unfortunately alot of stupid people does not realise it. just one simple mistake and 4 lives are gone. that's reality

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
it used to be sinkies inn the 199os and 2000s that get themselves killed on aussies and NZ roads. now it is ah tiongs as they travelled overseas. I must say these people have the worst driving habits. esp you see sinkies in NS highway in mudland refusing to give way. on highways trucks are king as they take at least100 m to come to a full stop due to their massive momentum. unfortunately alot of stupid people does not realise it. just one simple mistake and 4 lives are gone. that's reality

Spore plate cars on NS highway can be driven by msia SPRs going hometown. Cannot conclude it is Singaporeans not giving way.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sorry i have a question. In British newspaper or media. Asian descents refer to Paki and Bangla. May i know the word Asian in New Zealand means who? Chinese, malaysian? Who?

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spore plate cars on NS highway can be driven by msia SPRs going hometown. Cannot conclude it is Singaporeans not giving way.
as much as I am a local, I can tell you where they come from , alot of these idiots from the way they drive. people habits do not change overnight. It's the same pattern of driving in CTE or PIE. drive slowly in fast lane or speed or change lane without signalling or refused to give way. On NSH whenever I signal, malaysian cars always give way. 99% I am correcct as 99% of singapore plate cars are driven by locals sinkies with no manners. typical example is tat kwek guy who sped and killed himself in malaysian road at 3 am at night. real stupid as expert drivers can tell you your reaction is 50% slower after 12 MN, more so if you are drinking. FYI I ahve more than 30 years of driving and in more than 20 countries. in fact I would say the NSH is amongst the best and safest highway to drive worldwide. and quite a few magazoines have even said so.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
sorry i have a question. In British newspaper or media. Asian descents refer to Paki and Bangla. May i know the word Asian in New Zealand means who? Chinese, malaysian? Who?

"Asian" refers to anyone from Asia. This includes Chinese, Burmese, Thai, Indian, Bangla, Paki, Jap, Korean etc.

It's used the same way that Sinkies use the term "European".