• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RM20 VEP fees: For foreign registered vehicles entering Msia from Singapore

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/rm20-entry-fee-foreign-registered-vehicles-singapore-110351767.html

RM20 entry fee for foreign-registered vehicles from Singapore

Malaysia will charge RM20 vehicle entry permit (VEP) for all foreign-registered vehicles coming in from Singapore in the middle of 2015, while mulling similar charges for vehicles coming in from Thailand and Brunei.

Singapore now charges S$35 (RM92.40) VEP a day for four-wheel vehicles and S$4 daily for motorcycles except on weekends and Singapore public holidays. Traffic between both countries through the Causeway and Second Link is estimated at 400,000 crossings both ways daily.

"The Transport Ministry is working out details of the VEP's implementation at the two entry-points in Johor, which is the Causeway and the Second Link, before it is enforced," Deputy Transport Minister Datuk Abdul Aziz Kaprawi was quoted as saying by the New Straits Times today.

Aziz said the government agreed to the RM20 VEP charge, which was planned to take place in January, after Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak announced the VEP last July.

"However, the VEP's implementation has been postponed to the middle of next year as there are detailed preparations to be done, including the installation of special devices at the two entry-points in the state," he said in Batu Pahat, Johor.

Aziz said VEP rates in areas bordering Thailand and Brunei would be announced once Johor's phase is completed and running smoothly. – December 20, 2014.

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
... still there will be many sinkies queing to go in everyday...esp on week end...Huat Ah ..boleh land

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Currently the balance of exchange rate vs the charges levied on entry is still favorable to Singaporeans. That should change if and when the VEP is imposed

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Currently the balance of exchange rate vs the charges levied on entry is still favorable to Singaporeans. That should change if and when the VEP is imposed

Trading time cost for money.... Will benefit mostly the higher income PR/SG living in JB. Expect to see fewer families on shopping trips & red-plates. Just to clarify that I don't discriminate against red plates. Haha.... :biggrin:

Wonder if Lui will come up with a tit-for-tat policy to charge Malaysian cars an additional S$7.50. Actually the S$7.50 can be considered as a subset of the $35, ie the additional S$7.50 may only be payable on weekends, and after 5 pm on weekdays, while the S$35 should suffice on weekdays before 5 pm.......

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Trading time cost for money.... Will benefit mostly the higher income PR/SG living in JB. Expect to see fewer families on shopping trips & red-plates. Just to clarify that I don't discriminate against red plates. Haha.... :biggrin:

Wonder if Lui will come up with a tit-for-tat policy to charge Malaysian cars an additional S$7.50. Actually the S$7.50 can be considered as a subset of the $35, ie the additional S$7.50 may only be payable on weekends, and after 5 pm on weekdays, while the S$35 should suffice on weekdays before 5 pm.......

Still so little details available.
Will the MY VEP also provide "free period" during off peak, weekends and holidays like SG?
Is this RM20 the final amount or "to be decided" because RM20 (S$7.60) seems too low compared to SG rate?
Actual implementation date and payment method?

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal
tit for tat? maybe.. maybe not..

check out my next post...

Last edited:

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/singapore...ction-vep-fee-foreign-vehicles-071912545.html

Singapore studying Malaysia’s introduction of VEP fee for foreign vehicles – Bernama

Singapore’s Ministry of Transport is studying Malaysia's move to impose a Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) fee of RM20 (S$7.55) for foreign vehicles from the middle of next year and will respond “in due course”, reported Channel NewsAsia.

“We are studying the new levy and will decide on our response in due course,” the local television channel quoted a ministry spokesperson as saying.

“We note among other things that it will not be uniformly applied at all of Malaysia’s land borders.”

The response came after an earlier report on Sunday where Deputy Transport Minister Datuk Abdul Aziz Kaprawi was quoted as saying that foreign vehicles entering Johor from Singapore would be charged a VEP of RM20 from the middle of next year.

Aziz said the move was in line with Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s announcement in July on the implementation of the VEP for foreign-registered vehicles entering the country via Johor.

He said the Transport Ministry was working out details of the VEP implementation at the two entry points in Johor, the Causeway and the Second Link, before it was enforced. – Bernama, December 22, 2014.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mudlanders are stupid ...they should charge the same fee imposed by sinkapore but in RM. More money and it will put the onus back on the PAP government. Every time the fee is raised by sinkapore, the Mudland fee will be automatically raised.
Imports cost from Malaysia will go up and eventually raise the inflation rate.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still so little details available.
Will the MY VEP also provide "free period" during off peak, weekends and holidays like SG?
Is this RM20 the final amount or "to be decided" because RM20 (S$7.60) seems too low compared to SG rate?
Actual implementation date and payment method?

Errr......Not sure if I want to be v eager for the "details to be very available". What comes comes......

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Errr......Not sure if I want to be v eager for the "details to be very available". What comes comes......

These days in MY, any dumb junior minister can make all kinds of announcement, so don't take anything seriously until a former announcement from the ministry is out.