• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FAP Traitors Shrinking HDB Pigeonhole Space Forces SGs to Accept Kitchen With No Wall

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]MORE HDB BUYERS OPTING FOR “OPEN KITCHENS”[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
21 Dec 2014 - 4:55pm

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

More and more Singaporeans are choosing to design their HDB flats with an open kitchen concept.
According to HDB, 60% of the BTO flats sold were sold without a kitchen partition wall when there was a choice available.
People explained that they do not cook as much as before and so an open kitchen concept increases the space of the flat and can be used for other purposes.
The idea of the open kitchen was first piloted for HDB flats in September 2012 and 70% of buyers in that first batch opted for the design.
The choice also helps homeowners save money as they won’t have to knock down walls should they want to redesign their homes in such a way after buying their flat.

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

If HDB provides the option originally, it can help young couples save money and time to complete their flats’ interiors.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: FAP Traitors Shrinking HDB Pigeonhole Space Forces SGs to Accept Kitchen With No

Because it is so damn small they have no choice but to accept no walls concept.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: FAP Traitors Shrinking HDB Pigeonhole Space Forces SGs to Accept Kitchen With No

What's next? Remove the walls of all the bedrooms, and then the bathrooms as well? The way forward to achieve Ass Loon son's 10M FTrash population?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I hope they remove the walls of the bath room and provide only glass partition for the shower area. This works best if you manage to marry a pretty lady, instead of the fat old hag that you have currently.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Open kitchen is an in thing and very standard in ang mor lands,,but of course with asian cooking etc,,,seperate kitchen is better due to the smell,,however now,,how many modern families really cook at home? I have frens who said they regret renovating the kitchen as it was seldom used,,,,so let be fair in this argument...if one does not cook often,,seperate kitchen is not needed. Have to admit,,open kitchen is a more modern concept,,,but one mans food is another mans poison,,,

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal

the studio apartment in china comes without toilet I guESS, they can 'let go' anywhere.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

Next time in sg, central kitchen and toilet, pay per use....like that hdb can help couples save money, by not having to buy floor space for kitchen and toilet.

the studio apartment in china comes without toilet I guESS, they can 'let go' anywhere.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In new flats flat you are not able to even have a normal sized dining table placed at your living room let alone a small foldable table inside the kitchen... Truly a pigeon hole..

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Is it April 1st already"? I was not aware that HDB flats could be bought. Only can lease what?

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal

Open kitchen is frowned upon in fung shui pilosophy.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

What's next? Remove the walls of all the bedrooms, and then the bathrooms as well? The way forward to achieve Ass Loon son's 10M FTrash population?

Next is to remove the kitchen space, just leave one wall in the living room - usually the wall next to the front entrance - for kitchen cabinet.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think you can have ample space for a kitchen and then some without the stupid SCDF-mandated bomb shelter found in every new flat. :rolleyes:

More and more Singaporeans are choosing to design their HDB flats with an open kitchen concept.

What a sneaky way to twist the narrative. First of all no flat buyer can 'design' the flat: they can only choose from the designs laid out in front of them. "Hmm... Open Kitchen Design A vs Open Kitchen Design B... which shall I choose?" :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Is it April 1st already"? I was not aware that HDB flats could be bought. Only can lease what?

Didn't you hear Mah Bow Tan say Singapore has high level of home ownership? How can you own without buying? :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In new flats flat you are not able to even have a normal sized dining table placed at your living room let alone a small foldable table inside the kitchen... Truly a pigeon hole..

Indeed, I've been to a few housewarmings. Open the refrigerator door = doorway to the kitchen is closed.
Truly, living the Singapore dream. :rolleyes:

They have been psychoing Sinkies about the merits of a smaller flat since years ago.

[video=youtube;2EWiF9CufU4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EWiF9CufU4[/video]

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal

MORE HDB BUYERS OPTING FOR “OPEN KITCHENS”

<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
21 Dec 2014 - 4:55pm

According to HDB, 60% of the BTO flats sold were sold without a kitchen partition wall when there was a choice available.
People explained that they do not cook as much as before and so an open kitchen concept increases the space of the flat and can be used for other purposes.
The idea of the open kitchen was first piloted for HDB flats in September 2012 and 70% of buyers in that first batch opted for the design.
The choice also helps homeowners save money as they won’t have to knock down walls should they want to redesign their homes in such a way after buying their flat.

If HDB provides the option originally, it can help young couples save money and time to complete their flats’ interiors.

Do not cook as much does not mean NO COOKING whatsoever, Silly DAFT SINKIES blindly aping the ANG MOHs but forgetting that hot favourites ASIAN STIR FRY dishes include Belachan, Salted Fish etc would emit a strong odour that would permeate the entire flat and even into the upholstery.

Since SINKIES eat out, work long hours and only go home to sleep, why not just contruct HDB flats with just large bed-rooms for kingsize bed and sofa settee with ensuites, walk in wardrobes will suffice, why even bother with kitchens, dining area and living areas? Something along the lines of a hotel room style.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

an open kitchen as part of a great room with an island is great for entertainment with friends and family. i applaud the hdb for keeping up with the times. it cost me over 14 grand in usd to remodel my kitchen to have this wonderful and practical concept, and here on sbf, sinkies kpkb when it is handed to them on a plate. :rolleyes:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

my french country kitchen remodeling in one of my homes....

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

signing off from shift duty, and here's my own contribution to open kitchens with islands.

image.jpg