• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Many old Communist activists became good citizens, but some still deny facts: PM Lee

streetcry

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=2]Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, in a Facebook post on Saturday (Dec 20), said many old Communist and pro-Communist activists have reconciled with their past and become good citizens, but a few hard core Communists still deny the historical facts.[/h]
file-photo-of-prime.jpg

File photo of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong. (Photo: AFP/Mohd Fyrol)

SINGAPORE: Many old Communist and pro-Communist activists have reconciled with their past, and become good citizens, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said on a Facebook post on Saturday (Dec 20). However, a few hard core Communists still deny the historical facts.

PM Lee, who visited the Battle for Merger exhibition in October, mentioned the book of Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s radio talks in 1961, which explained what the fight against the Communists was about, and why Singapore needed a merger with Malaya.

The prime minister said the Communist Party of Malaya (CPM) was a violent, illegal organisation. "So it operated secretly, underground. But the Communists infiltrated open, legal organisations like trade unions, student associations and political parties. These supported the Communist cause, but denied that they themselves were Communist. Mr Lee (Kuan Yew) exposed this Communist united front tactic."

PM Lee added that a few hard core Communists still deny these historical facts. "They don’t want to admit that they had fought on the wrong side, and that luckily for Singapore they lost. Some 'revisionist' historians make this argument too. One motivation: cast doubt on the legitimacy of the PAP government, not just in the 1960s, but today."

Prime Minister Lee said the British have been declassifying documents from their archives in London and making them available to the public. Furthermore, senior CPM leaders like Chin Peng, Eu Chooi Yip, Fong Chong Pik (aka the Plen) and others have published memoirs and their first person accounts confirm the extent of the Communist united front in Singapore.

He said they "leave no doubt that the Barisan was formed at the instigation of the CPM, and that Lim Chin Siong was a Communist cadre". "We have put together an account using evidence from the British archives as well as CPM sources, which confirm that Mr Lee Kuan Yew told the truth," the prime minister added. An account can be found here.

- CNA/al

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Many old Communist activists became good citizens, but some still deny facts: PM

So what does this say of this Ass Loon son? Now. ->>>

Singapore
[h=1]SAF, China's PLA in joint training exercise[/h]

The eight-day exercise in Nanjing, China from Nov 2-9 will involve around 70 personnel each from the SAF and the PLA.
siew-kum-wong.jpg
Brigadier-General (BG) Siew Kum Wong (4th left, foreground) and Major-General (MG) Wang Chunning (5th left, foreground) co-officiating at the opening ceremony of COOPERATION 14. (Photo: Mindef)

<!-- /tab-gallery-area --> SINGAPORE: The Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) and China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) are holding their third bilateral training exercise in Nanjing, China from Nov 2 to 9. Called COOPERATION 2014, the eight-day exercise will involve around 70 personnel each from the SAF and the PLA.
The training includes professional seminars and a company-level conventional infantry exercise featuring a live-firing demonstration. The SAF is represented by personnel from the 5th Battalion Singapore Infantry Regiment and 3rd Singapore Division. They will participate in the exercise alongside their Chinese counterparts from the PLA 179th Brigade and Nanjing Military Region.
Assistant Chief of General Staff (Operations) Brigadier-General Siew Kum Wong co-officiated the opening ceremony on Sunday (Nov 2) with Major-General Wang Chunning, Commander of 12th Mixed Group Army, Nanjing Military Region.
pla-saf-exercise-data.jpg

- CNA/ir

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: Many old Communist activists became good citizens, but some still deny facts: PM

What is this fucktard asshole PM saying? Hard Core communists are no good? In that case, how many of the almost 1 million PRC running around in Singapore, let in by his govt are hardcore communists? I am sure some are. If they are welcome here, why aren't homegrown sinkie commies? He is willing to spend $26K for english lessons for PLA liaison officers in Singapore, but these liaison officers are hardcore communists too. U cannot be one unless u are a card carrying totally indoctrinated commie.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What is this fucktard asshole PM saying? Hard Core communists are no good? In that case, how many of the almost 1 million PRC running around in Singapore, let in by his govt are hardcore communists? I am sure some are. If they are welcome here, why aren't homegrown sinkie commies? He is willing to spend $26K for english lessons for PLA liaison officers in Singapore, but these liaison officers are hardcore communists too. U cannot be one unless u are a card carrying totally indoctrinated commie.

Ass Loon son is so high up in the ivory tower that he really must be thinking that SGs are daft. Unfortunately, the voting pattern of the 60% does not help her improve her impression of SGs.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

those incarcerated in isd operations were given chances to come clean and repent, but if they refused, they were banished. now that many decades have passed, they wish to return to sg, but it's too late for regrets as they are still adamant of their convictions. no twisting of facts is going to change that. many who repented and recanted lead successful lives in sg, including holding important positions in the bureaucracy. :rolleyes:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The only good citizen is a dead citizen.
No government is good government.

- FACTS

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

there's a difference between pla comrades bent on cumming out with fake goods and getting rich and cpm comrades who terrorized sg and ml with violence and killings in the past and planned the takeover of malaya. my uncle in law was ambushed and murdered by the cpm while driving in ml. if i see those old buggers today, i will return them the favor. :oIo:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i think lee hsien loong has his mind scrambled by his old man's anti communist propaganda,the anti communist campaign was just a sham to consolidate power in singapore and also to pacify the west that he is also "anti communist" and pro "democracy".

suharto also used the same method,on the premise of being "anti communist" and pro democracy,he managed to rule indonesia for 32 years and win approval of the west at the same time.and under his dictatorship he managed to ran a regime of corruption whereby high government official posts and large national economic interests and projects were given to friends and family.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

there's a difference between pla comrades bent on cumming out with fake goods and getting rich and cpm comrades who terrorized sg and ml with violence and killings in the past and planned the takeover of malaya. my uncle in law was ambushed and murdered by the cpm while driving in ml. if i see those old buggers today, i will return them the favor. :oIo:

So what? My grand uncle was killed by the Japs during WW2. Do u see me going around killing Japs? U want to return the favour, carry on. There are many communists in the bay area. In fact, there is a communist party of america. Why don't u go there and shoot them all.

U think every communist in China is only interested in money and brand name goods? There are still many die hard commies in china who were around during the great leap forward, they have no qualms about killing fellow chinese who were non believers, How many of them are in singapore now? I am sure there are many PRC citizens who are in singapore now that are just as fervent as CPM members in their hey day.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

How abt thos that were charged as Marxists? Waiting to hear what he has to say.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why then does Singapore want to have foreign relations with communist China, neo-communist Russia, Vietnam (which is also communist) and have a North Korean embassy in Singapore?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why then does Singapore want to have foreign relations with communist China, neo-communist Russia, Vietnam (which is also communist) and have a North Korean embassy in Singapore?

Does anyone remember, North Korea embassy was along Stevens Road, in the past, a huge portrait of "KIM" used to hang outside the building, Bank of China, Battery Road, had huge banners cascading down the building & proclaiming that the EAST is RED & in the bank's lobby, you have exhibits of the Leaders of then CHINA.

Where does the local communists get their funding from?...the same PRC, we are embracing....& Mee Siam Mai Hum..says..." my dad was right"....what, pretentious people...

:mad:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Does anyone remember, North Korea embassy was along Stevens Road, in the past, a huge portrait of "KIM" used to hang outside the building, Bank of China, Battery Road, had huge banners cascading down the building & proclaiming that the EAST is RED & in the bank's lobby, you have exhibits of the Leaders of then CHINA.

Where does the local communists get their funding from?...the same PRC, we are embracing....& Mee Siam Mai Hum..says..." my dad was right"....what, pretentious people...

:mad:

The communists are still trying to take over the world. Its no different then in the 50s, 60s, 70s, etc. Instead of going thru the land like Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, Indonesia, etc they are now going thru the sea. hence you have all the disputes over the Spratley Islands, Senkaku, etc. In fact PRC has territorial disputes in the sea over islands with countries like Vietnam, Phillippines, Japan, Brunei, Taiwan and Malaysia. They are building up a strong navy and military to eventually fight these countries. Its no different then before. People say communist china is now interested in making money. That is true, but they also have a hidden agenda. They are using the money they earn to buy Western companies and economic assets. They have so much US bonds that they own that they can extort the US govt if they so choose. They have just switch to economic warfare with the US and the west because they know they cannot win a military war. But for third world shit holes like the Phillippines and Vietnam, they can win militarily and hence are very aggressive over territory.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why should they? Sgp is more communist than communist China.

Communists should feel right at home.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many old Communist activists became good citizens, but some still deny facts: PM

me think it's important that these old pioneers should be given the opportunity to share their views on spore history, this will benefit the generations to come... also understand dr lee siew choe had wrote his memoir but wasn't release... :(

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Many were not let off scott free !!:o:wink:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

for the political struggle belligerents, what matters is the result, the truth is not important. from a history perspective, the outcome is not the most important, it is more critical to ascertain the truth. do we really know the truth of what happened then ?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao Zedong quotes :wink::rolleyes:

Is he talking about possible infiltration by PRs and new shitizens:(:biggrin:

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes. Some converted to citizens in western countries but working in sg, some took up sg shitizenship, but still have deep rooted commie cultural mindset when certain sensitive issues were raised. Outwardly they may seem westernized and critic prc behavior....I a nutshell, two acquaintance in sg that I know, supports Yang Ying actions and thinks what he did is justified...... I wonder how many more are out there holding pink ic, or going to get one....

Sinkieland is going to the dumps with ass loong ...........sad

........... There are still many die hard commies in china who were around during the great leap forward, they have no qualms about killing fellow chinese who were non believers, How many of them are in singapore now? I am sure there are many PRC citizens who are in singapore now that are just as fervent as CPM members in their hey day.