• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Rich Patient's Letter to Missy Ong...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Screen%20Shot%202014-12-19%20at%209.43.59%20am.png

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

<iframe src="http://tpc.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-1/html/container.html" style="display: none; visibility: hidden;"></iframe><ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Dear TRS,
Yesterday I found my mother crying after coming back from work, and she shared this letter with me. I was horrified and outraged that someone could write such a demeaning letter (See attached image).

My mother is a senior staff nurse at a local hospital in Singapore who simply loves what she does. But this letter really broke her heart. It was from a patient who had been admitted for less than a week and she had been verbally abusing my mother, calling her “stupid”, “idiot” and “b*tch”. Once, she even spat on her when the hospital food was not to her liking.

What offended me most was that Ms Siew Ling asked my mother to quit her job just because she is “old”. She may be 63 years old, but I do not think how well she does her job should be based on her age, as my mother has been in the nursing industry for more than 30 years and has garnered extensive experience during her service as a nurse.

This is a tough and thankless job and I hope that people would be more patient towards nurses.

Yours,
Cindy Ong
TRS Contributor

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If the patient is paying top dollar for first class service, she has every right to complain if the standard of care is lacking.

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
ms ong, I don blame the patient

u go to the hospital and see how the atb and pinay nurses

work lo

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
that is why sinkies complaining about PAP. same same

I honestly don't know what sinkies are complaining about as far as the government is concerned.

Sinkies pay one of the lowest tax rates in the world for the best government on planet earth. They are getting bargain. They should be extremely grateful.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the patient is paying top dollar for first class service, she has every right to complain if the standard of care is lacking.

No matter how much that patient pays, she still need to be patient.
And no matter how patient she is, CLASS will never be inculcated in her.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Patients should stop being so snarky to nurses... they can easily do something to your IV drip, and you can forget about checking out of the hospital. :wink:

Behave yourself in a hospital. :cool:

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal

We are paying top dollar for our Ministers..or rather they pay themselves top dollar .

We have every right to complain if the standard of service and performance is lacking...

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
We are paying top dollar for our Ministers..or rather they pay themselves top dollar .

We have every right to complain if the standard of service and performance is lacking...

Thankfully the standard of service is tops because the PAP is simply the best.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
If she is rich she shld hire a private nurse to be at her bed side 24 hrs. If you stay in a Hospital you must remember that nurses not only attend to you alone, this fooking old lady ought to be taught a lesson, she must be one of tos white horse mother or gran mother. Just strangle her in the middle of the nite, end story.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
3626_G_1348079540750.jpg

I think all nurses should look like this. If not, tell them to fvck off and find some other job.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Being fleeced by paying top dollar for first class service and not getting it.

Ministers n PAPigs are paid top dollars, in fact world's highest. it follows given the state of affairs here, that we are being fleeced and raped repeatedly