• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MOM report: Why media never say work conditions getting worse?

winbattleslo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Employers more generous?

According to the New Paper news report “More firms in Singapore have family-friendly practices, says survey” (Dec 9) – “Employers are generous in offering leave benefits

Employers providing compassionate and marriage leave decreased

Many employers have been providing leave benefits such as compassionate leave and marriage leave even though such benefits are not mandated by law.” – But if you look at the accompanying table in the news report – you can see that compassionate leave actually deceased from 89.4 per cent in 2012 to 88.8 per cent in 2014.

Marriage leave also decreased from 72.5 per cent in 2012 to 71.2 per cent in 2014.

Only 1 in 4 rank-and-file workers get 15 days or more annual leave

As to annual leave entitlement – don’t you find it pathetic that 57.6 per cent of workers get 14 or less days of annual leave, and only 23 per cent of Rank-And-File (RAF) employees get at least 15 days of annual leave.

Only 46% work 5-day week

Don’t you find it pathetic that only 46 pr cent of full-time employees worked 5 days a week . “The remaining full-time employees work six days a week (19 per cent) or five-and-a-half days a week (14 per cent) or are on shift work (14 per cent).”

More workers working more days a week

Actually it is getting worse because those on 5-and-a-half Days with Regular Sat Off increased from 4.8 to 5.1 per cent, 5-and-a-half Days from 14 to 14.3, 6 Days with Regular Sat Off from 1.5 to 2 and 6 Days from 17.9 to 18.6 per cent.

Only 1 in 4 rank-and-file workers on 5-day week

Don’t you find it pathetic that only one in four (25%) Rank-And-File (RAF) employees were on the 5-day work-week.

Only 16% of employers provide childcare sick leave

Don’t you find it pathetic that only 17 per cent of employers provided parental care/ sick leave, and 16 per cent – childcare sick leave, because it is not a statutory requirement.

31% do not allow any unplanned time-off

Don’t you find it pathetic that 31 per cent of establishments do not provide any any form of unplanned time-off for their staff to attend to personal matters (no matter how urgent or serious?).

More workers getting more sick

More workers are getting sick as the share of employees who took hospitalisation leave edged up 1.0%-point to 5.2% in 2013 – proportion of Employees who Took Outpatient Sick Leave increased from 58.2% to 58.4% – average No. Of Outpatient Sick Leave Taken per Employee increased from 2.7 to 2.8 days.

Understatement of the year!

The MOM report’s “concluding remarks – Employers were also going beyond statutory requirements to provide various leave benefits to help their employees cope with family commitments, with compassionate leave and marriage leave being more common” – must be the understatement of the year!

No.1 for longest work hours week?

By the way, are we still number one in the world for having the longest work hours per week?

Win battles lose war

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If I hire someone I expect a return on my investment. Why should I pay for the time he uses to fuck his wife?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my family business in sg provides 4-week leave to 2 tiong workers so they can return to their respective villages in china to have longer family reunions. all workers are off after 11 on saturdays and all of sundays. their work hours are flexible on workdays from 7 to 4, and they can call it a day if they finish their deliveries earlier. next year, 1 of 2 tiong workers is getting married back in his hometown, and he will leave for good. due to the new 12:1 ratio of local:foreign worker limit for service industries (previous was 10:1), we tried to hire locals with higher pay (to offset and go beyond the foreign worker levy), there were no takers, and we ended up hiring malaysians. to add insult to injury, a lady sinkie staff left with no rhyme and reason (not even a resignation notice) and did not show up for work for months (as we continued to pay her monthly salary). upon finding out that she wasn't cumming back to work as she got married to a rich husband, we terminated her and stopped paying direct into her bank account. we are not seeking refund of salary for months of absence from her. sinkie workers are horrible to deal with. :rolleyes:

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I hire someone I expect a return on my investment. Why should I pay for the time he uses to fuck his wife?

A man needs to fuck. If you don't give him time to fuck his wife, he will fuck the boss's wife.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
A man needs to fuck. If you don't give him time to fuck his wife, he will fuck the boss's wife.

Most bosses would be happy to accommodate such an arrangement as it will give the boss more time to be with his mistress.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You should do that favour....the government here is already "fucking" the wife every day, not to mention the husband & any kids. Be gracious...pay for some time to let these poor people have a chance of doing which is part of nature..FUCK!