• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stamford Bridge thread: BLUE is the Colour

JoseMourinho

Alfrescian
Loyal

David Luiz reveals five-year PSG deal

416869_heroa.jpg

By Rupert Fryer
Jun 11, 2014 4:54:00 PM

The 27-year-old claims he has agreed to leave Chelsea and play for the French champions for five seasons following this month's World Cup in Brazil

Brazil defender David Luiz has revealed he has signed a five-year deal with French champions Paris Saint-Germain.

His current club, Chelsea, and PSG both released statements on their official websites last month confirming that a deal - which Goal understands is worth €50 million - had been agreed.

And now the 27-year-old, who is hoping to lead the Selecao to their sixth world title and their first on home soil, has confirmed he will be playing in Ligue 1 for the next five seasons.

“I have just signed a deal with PSG for five years,” he told Globo when asked if he intends to one day play in Brazil’s top flight.

“I left for Europe when I was 18, I skipped a few steps… We’ll see. What we plan today may not be right tomorrow.”

The Selecao’s vice-captain also spoke of the demonstrations seen across the country in protest of public spending for the World Cup.

“As long as the demonstrations happen peacefully, I respect them. I do not want to see violence,” he said.

“I do not like the vision that Europeans have about our country, that Brazil is bad. Brazil has many things to be great.”

JoseMourinho

Alfrescian
Loyal

'Arsenal decided not to sign me' - Fabregas pens open letter after sealing Chelsea transfer

411037_heroa.jpg

By Stephen Darwin
Jun 12, 2014 4:05:00 PM

The new signing at Stamford Bridge has confirmed that Arsene Wenger's side decided against opening talks with him and that he is looking to win trophies with the Blues

New Chelsea signing Cesc Fabregas has revealed that Arsenal turned down the option to re-sign him after completing his switch from Barcelona on Thursday.

Arsene Wenger's side were in a position to open negotiations with the 27-year-old over a potential return to Emirates Stadium although the Gunners decided against taking up the option, paving the way for a switch to Stamford Bridge.

Manchester City were also in the hunt for the Spain international, with Goal reporting on June 5 that the Premier League champions tabled a £28.4 million bid, although he admits that Jose Mourinho's Chelsea were his best option.

Fabregas wrote on his official Facebook page: "Firstly I would like to thank everyone at FC Barcelona where I enjoyed 3 wonderful years. It was my childhood club and I will always be proud and honoured that I had a chance to play for such a great team.

"I do feel that I have unfinished business in the Premier League and now is the right time for me to return. Yes, everyone knows that Arsenal had the first option to sign me. They decided not to take this option and therefore it wasn't meant to be. I wish them well in the future.

"I considered all the other offers very carefully and I firmly believe that Chelsea is the best choice. They match my footballing ambitions with their hunger and desire to win trophies. They have an amazing squad of players and an incredible manager. I am fully committed to this team and I can't wait to start playing.

"It was extremely important to me that this transfer was completed before the World Cup so that my mind will only be focused on hopefully helping my country try to retain the trophy."

422180_heroa.jpg

JoseMourinho

Alfrescian
Loyal

Filipe Luis set for Chelsea medical ahead of £20m switch

CHELSEA are closing in on the £20million signing of Atletico Madrid star Filipe Luis after it emerged the Brazilian is set to undergo a medical in London.

By: Anthony Chapman
Published: Mon, July 14, 2014

179551200-488797.jpg

Filipe Luis is close to completing a move to Chelsea[GETTY ]

Jose Mourinho is keen to bring the flying full-back to Stamford Bridge this summer after already securing the services of former Atletico team-mate Diego Costa and Barcelona playmaker Cesc Fabregas.

The Special One decided against renewing Ashley Cole's contract at the end of the season, and with Ryan Bertrand set to leave the club too, a new left-back is one of his top priorities.

Despite being interested in Sporting Lisbon and Argentina star Marcos Rojo, Mourinho's first-choice remains Luis, and he has already seen a number of offers rejected by Diego Simeone's side.

Earlier rumours claimed that Luis went AWOL during his summer holidays in order to force through a move, and it's now believed that the 28-year-old is being made to train with Atletico's reserves.

However, fresh reports coming out of Spain claim Chelsea have agreed to meet his £20million buyout clause despite initially looking to pay a smaller fee of £16million, and Luis is ready to to undergo a medical in order to seal a move before the end of the month.

180859.jpg

Despite enjoying a fine season Luis failed to make Brazil's World Cup squad [GETTY ]

JoseMourinho

Alfrescian
Loyal

Petr Cech back in training ahead of schedule at Chelsea for battle with Thibaut Courtois

Goalkeeper's return is boost for club after shoulder injury at end of last season with Belgian now major rival for his No 1 spot

petr-cech_2974913b.jpg

Feeling the pain: Petr Cech leaves the pitch after being injured during last season's Champions League semi-final first leg against Atlético Madrid Photo: REUTERS

By Matt Law, Football News Correspondent
10:30PM BST 14 Jul 2014

Petr Cech has returned to full Chelsea training three weeks ahead of schedule.

Cech sustained a dislocated shoulder in the Champions League semi-final first leg against Atlético Madrid last season that threatened to rule him out of the start of this campaign.

Chelsea returned to pre-season training last week and it is understood that Cech has been taking a full part.

His early return is a big boost for Chelsea, but could also present a tough challenge for manager Jose Mourinho to keep his goalkeepers happy ahead of the team’s first Premier League game of the new campaign, against Burnley.

Chelsea fly to Austria next Monday for their pre-season training camp and a series of friendlies, and Cech is expected to travel with the rest of the squad.

Thibaut Courtois is poised to return to training in two weeks and the Belgium international had been in line to play a large number of Chelsea’s pre-season friendlies with the opportunity to keep the No 1 spot for the Burnley match.

Neither Cech nor Courtois has been given any indication as to who is likely to be first choice this season, with both men unlikely to accept sitting on the substitutes’ bench.

Frank Lampard’s exit puts Cech next in line to take the Chelsea vice-captaincy, but that will be virtually worthless if he is not playing.

News of Cech’s quick recovery will only strengthen Paris St-Germain’s interest in the 32-year-old, who is expected to be fit for the start of the season and is still rated as one of the world’s best goalkeepers.

PSG have already communicated their interest in Cech and last week saw another target, Hugo Lloris, sign a new contract with Tottenham Hotspur. Cech’s Chelsea contract runs until 2016, meaning Chelsea could still demand at least £10 million for him.

Mourinho, meanwhile, may finally offload one of his unwanted Chelsea strikers with Besiktas hoping to sign Demba Ba.

Although Besiktas were forced to deny claims that a deal for Ba had been completed, the Turkish club are keen on the 29-year-old.

Besiktas are in England until July 24 for a pre-season training camp in Leeds, which means negotiations with Chelsea and Ba can be held face-to-face.

Mourinho has signed Diego Costa and is pushing to take Didier Drogba back to Stamford Bridge in a player-coach role. Ideally, he also wants to sign a third forward.

Drogba is on holiday with his family and is considering a host of offers and proposals that have been put to him.

Juventus have made Drogba a firm offer, along with Major League Soccer clubs in the United States and clubs from the Middle East and China.

Drogba is desperate to keep playing and is also considering whether or not he wants to move into coaching and what the best time and route might be. Mourinho is hoping his special relationship with the 36-year-old will be enough to convince Drogba to return to Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea are trying to complete the signing of left-back Filipe Luis in time for him to join them on their Austrian training camp.

Mourinho is also watching Raphaël Varane’s situation carefully, with the France central defender seeking assurances over his status at Real Madrid.

JoseMourinho

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chelsea striker Demba Ba set for Besiktas

433345_heroa.jpg

By George Ankers
Jul 15, 2014 14:03:00

The Blues have come down from their initial €13 million asking price, say the Turkish club, as they make room for the incoming Diego Costa in the centre-forward role this summer

Chelsea are set to sell striker Demba Ba to Besiktas, the Turkish club have confirmed.

Since moving to Stamford Bridge from Newcastle in January 2013, the Senegal international has scored 14 goals in 51 games for the Blues.

He soon fell behind Fernando Torres and Samuel Eto'o in the pecking order, however, and the arrival of Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid this summer has freed him to look for a new club, with Jose Mourinho’s side ready to accept less than their initial €13 milion [£10m] asking price.

"The initial price for him was €13m but we've managed to reduce it," Besiktas chairman Fikret Orman told NTV Spor.

"We'll tell the media once the final deal is done."

Among Ba's most crucial goals for Chelsea were a late strike against Paris Saint-Germain to send the London club through to the Champions League semi-finals last season, as well as an effort to capitalise on Steven Gerrard's slip at Anfield which spelt the beginning of the end for Liverpool’s title challenge.

JoseMourinho

Alfrescian
Loyal

Official: Chelsea sign Filipe Luis

432906_heroa.jpg

Jul 18, 2014 18:32:00

The Brazilian has signed a three-year deal at Stamford Bridge and will wear the No.5 shirt, becoming the third member of last season's Atletico Madrid side to move to west London

Chelsea have completed the signing of Brazilian defender Filipe Luis from Atletico Madrid on a three-year deal, the Premier League club have confirmed.

Luis will wear the No.5 shirt and will fill the void left by Ashley Cole, who departed Stamford Bridge after eight years on a free transfer this summer to join Roma.

"This move is a dream come true for me. I now have the opportunity to play for Chelsea, and also in the Premier League," said the 28-year-old left-back.

"I’m very happy and looking forward to getting started and giving my best for the team during the coming seasons."

UFhqrtS.jpg

The Brazilian won four trophies in as many seasons at Atletico Madrid and played a key role in last season's remarkable Liga triumph and Champions League run, though he could not earn a place in Luiz Felipe Scolari's World Cup squad.

Filipe Luis becomes the third member of that Atletico side to move to Stamford Bridge this summer, after Diego Costa completed a €44m move earlier this month and Thibaut Courtois returned from a two-year loan spell.