• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stamford Bridge thread: BLUE is the Colour

David Luiz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Torres Takes Extra Shooting Practice

154294257dc57438d9cc8494861b23a1c1040270.jpg

Fernando Torres is taking extra shooting practice after every Chelsea training session in an attempt to rediscover the goal scoring form he was formerly renowned for and put an end to his goal drought that has lasted almost three months.

The Spaniard has not scored for the Blues since their 5-0 win over Genk in the Champions League last October and has only managed three league goals since his move from Liverpool in January 2011.

Chelsea's Assistant coach Steve Holland told Chelsea TV: 'Fernando is working very hard at his finishing in training.

'We do a lot of finishing as part of the sessions anyway but he is doing extra at the end of every session during the week.'

'His finishing is looking very good in training, the ball is flying in. I have personally spent some time with him on making sure [he's in the right position].'

Torres hit the woodwork against Sunderland last Saturday and was able to claim an assist after Lampard knocked in his rebounded shot. Lampard claimed after the game that it would only be a matter of time until we see Torres return to his best form judging from his performances on the training ground.

'He is doing it in training and you can see a lift in him,' Lampard said. 'I feel for him because he made a great connection for my goal when it hit the bar first.'

'You're just waiting for that moment when he is going to bang two or three in.'

'He is working his socks off, making runs and creating goals. We're all talking about that and rightly so.'

David Luiz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Risky business - Poor form & lack of big-name signings are putting Chelsea's top four chase in jeopardy

Unbeaten in 2012 they may be, but the Blues have been far from convincing and a lack of January signings could cost the club a top four finish and the manager his job
Feb 3, 2012 9:19:48 AM

159558hp2.jpg
By Liam Twomey

Andre Villas-Boas
is ever the optimist. But as his Chelsea side gear up for a clash with Manchester United on Sunday which could shape the rest of their season, it would be understandable if anxiety too begins to make a home for itself in his troubled mind.

A glance at recent results might suggest little is wrong at Stamford Bridge - unbeaten in 2012, three points clear in the race to land that much-coveted fourth Champions League spot, and still in with a chance of catching Tottenham in third.

But don’t be fooled. The Chelsea revolution is stuttering.

The New Year has brought with it vital points, but not performances. Victories over Wolves and Sunderland were only achieved with great difficulty and rather generous helpings of luck, while Norwich and Swansea proved too difficult to overcome.

Talk of a defensive crisis has been somewhat subdued by a recent record of only two goals conceded in six matches in all competitions, even if worrying signs remain that the west Londoners are still as vulnerable as at any point in the Roman Abramovich era.

It is, however, matters at the other end of the pitch which are the most concerning. Fernando Torres’ ongoing struggles are well documented, but the Spaniard's drought should be viewed as a symptom of the problem, rather than the cause.

165809hp2.jpg

Bedding in | Former Bolton man Gary Cahill still hasn't made his Chelsea debut
The reality is that no Chelsea player has yet reached 10 Premier League goals, and the team has only scored more than once in one of the last eight matches in all competitions. Daniel Sturridge has lost form, Frank Lampard has lost fitness and the rest have failed to step up.

Even against limited opposition, Chelsea have forgotten how it feels to have an easy game. In a season which has shown little respect for reputations this is nothing out of the ordinary, but then, Chelsea are not supposed to be in the business of being ordinary.

Off the field, senior players already irked by Villas-Boas’ desire for a radical overhaul of the club’s personnel and philosophy have become further ostracised by his perceived aloof managerial style, and the union between the two is now one of necessity rather than affection.

When adversity came calling last January, Chelsea’s response was to roll the dice in the transfer market, to the tune of over £70 million on Fernando Torres and David Luiz. Twelve months on, however, they appeared unwilling to even play the game.

159970_hp.jpg

"At their best this season, Chelsea resemble a promising team in transition. At their worst, they appear an unwieldy mess"

<tbody> </tbody>
Kevin De Bruyne arrived from Genk, before swiftly returning home until at least the summer. Nottingham Forest’s 18-year-old striker Patrick Bamford was also acquired with both eyes on the future. Gary Cahill is the only winter addition offering hope of an immediate impact.

Prospective moves for Lille sensation Eden Hazard and Shakhtar ace Willian – two genuine talents with much to offer Chelsea’s tepid attack – were quashed by Villas-Boas’ bizarre refusal to countenance signings ineligible for the current Champions League campaign.

Given the desirability of the duo, particularly Hazard, such dithering could cost the Blues in the summer should Real Madrid, Barcelona or Manchester City decide to join the chase. But it is in the here and now that a lack of January investment could be most keenly felt.

At their best this season, Chelsea resemble a promising team in transition. At their worst, they appear an unwieldy mess. Even more troubling for Villas-Boas is the fact his men have rarely produced anything in between.

Undermined by such beguiling inconsistency, it seems all the more strange that a club with no traditional aversion to spending would pass up an opportunity to steel themselves for one of the most hotly contested top four races in years.

Perhaps, with Financial Fair Play on the horizon, Abramovich is wary of bankrolling another huge outlay. The loss of Champions League football, however, would surely make a bigger dent in the balance sheet than one or two big-name signings.

More likely is that Villas-Boas’ positivity prevailed. In spite of tactical weaknesses, a lack of goals and dressing room unrest, the confident young Portuguese still backs himself and his squad to preserve Chelsea’s seat at Europe’s top table, as well as his own job security.

It is, undeniably, a gamble, and the stakes could not be higher. Liverpool have momentum, Arsenal have players returning and surprise packages Newcastle are unburdened by expectation.

Ultimate success or failure will not be determined by the outcome of Manchester United’s visit to Stamford Bridge on Sunday, but it is nevertheless a significant moment.

Defeat at Old Trafford back in September marked the beginning of Chelsea’s struggles. Victory over the same opponents now could reinvigorate them.

On Sunday, Villas-Boas will begin to learn the consequences of his gamble. Win, and he will have good reason to be optimistic. Lose, and anxiety will take hold.

David Luiz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We are all under pressure from Jose Mourinho - Chelsea's Andre Villas-Boas wary of Real Madrid coach

Having worked under the Portuguese manager, the current Blues boss - who has only been at Stamford Bridge since the summer - is worried about his return to English football

Feb 3, 2012 4:19:00 PM

By Miles Chambers

135483hp2.jpg

Jose Mourinho, Real Madrid - André Villas-Boas - Chelsea
Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has sent out a warning to all top Premier Leaguemanagers that their jobs are constantly under threat from Real Madrid head coach Jose Mourinho.

The Santiago Bernabeu boss has been linked with a move back to Stamford Bridge today and the 49-year-old has always said he would welcome a return to English football in the future.

Villas-Boas worked under Mourinho during his spell at the west London club but highlighted that he was still the top dog at Chelsea and dismissed any immediate return of the ‘Special One’.

“At the moment, there is not a vacancy at this club – that is the most important thing. And the Real Madrid manager is not available at the moment,” he insisted to reporters on Friday.

“He's tied to the best club in the world. The only thing I can say is that I have lived Jose's availability when we were out of Chelsea and we know and I know how many clubs came knocking on our doors.

“So, a manager of Jose's dimension and the number one in the world will always be an attractive target for whatever club.”

Villas-Boas was keen to add that Mourinho’s intent on returning to English football someday puts pressure on managers at all the biggest top flight clubs.

The 34-year-old coach added: “Because he's a manager that makes himself available to return to his beloved England will for sure capture the interests of City, United and Chelsea and Tottenham and Liverpool and Arsenal, and so on and so forth.

“So, in that sense, we are all under pressure, from Mancini to Ferguson to me to Dalglish to Harry Redknapp and so on.”

David Luiz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Friday 3rd February 2012

729339_33_preview.jpg

AVB: I can't be dictatorial

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas admits his comparative inexperience and young age mean he cannot run a club as a dictatorship.

Questions have been asked of the 34-year-old, with the Blues out of the Premier League title race and seemingly in a fight for a place in the top four.

Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard are both only slightly younger than Villas-Boas and it has been suggested the Portuguese may not command the full respect of Chelsea's dressing room.

The former Porto boss also lacks a professional playing career and as a consequence he knows he will not be able to boss around members of his squad.

"Because of my age and my lack of a professional playing background, I could never be dictatorial," Villas-Boas told The Technician, UEFA's official publication for coaches.

"I therefore let the players have a certain amount of input into decisions regarding the way we play and how the team is run.

"Also, when we talk about the well-being of a group, I encourage the players to participate in the decisions affecting their professional life.

"For example, at Porto I would discuss with the players the starting time of the training or the need for rest days.

"I try to be an open-minded leader and to respect people.

"You must build a two-way relationship, even over any decision-making about arrangements or actions in the game.

"Naturally, as the coach I make the final decisions, though, and if I have to upset a couple of people, then so be it."

Villas-Boas has also revealed the pressure he feels when decided to leave players out of his team, which could refer to the tough calls over the selection of £50million man Fernando Torres.

"I suffer most when everyone is available and I have to select the line-up after a week when everyone has given total commitment," he said.

"It is a basic part of the manager's job, but when you have to leave players out for the sake of the team, it is tough.

"Nothing you can say to them can convince them that they haven't done something wrong."

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i tot a win against manutd yesterday will have something to shout about, since this season we are too dull.:(
overall i tink the ref won the match for manutd.:eek:
our defence failed us again.:mad:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the sake of Chelsea FC and football in general, let's hope the Russian billionaire and AVB will remain united and remove player power at Stamford Bridge.

Top of my list:

1. Frank Lampard
2. Drogba
3.J.Terry
4. Malouda
5.S. Kalou
6.Bosingwa
7.Mikel

Fire sale for these players in the summer and rebuild the team from ground zero.

Next

1. F. Torres
2. D.Luiz
3. A. Cole
4. Meireless

Keep the following players:

J. Mata
Ramirez
Sturridge

and finally ask the rest of the fringe players if they are willing to render their services for free otherwise show them the door.

|Hulk|

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Andre Villas-Boas: I have a three-year plan to change Chelsea & I can handle the challenge

The Blues manager, speaking ahead of the Champions League clash with Napoli, says he has set about making the necessary changes that will lead the club into a bright future

Feb 20, 2012 7:32:00 PM

By Alex Richards

167920hp2.jpg
Andre Villas-Boas has defended his position as Chelsea manager, stating that he would not have left Porto if he was not confident he could succeed at Stamford Bridge.

The Portuguese manager arrived in London last summer, having spent only one season - during which he won the Portuguese league title, domestic cup, Europa League and going an entire season unbeaten at Estadio Dragao.

However, the 34-year-old manager still has great belief in his ability to change the structure of Chelsea, something which he believes is a necessity, and to bring more trophies to Stamford Bridge in the future.

"This is the richest part of Chelsea's history and we want to perpetuate that into the future - but we have to make changes," said the 34-year-old."I wouldn't have moved if I didn't feel confident I could take this challenge through."

The former Academica man has overseen a number of changes to the playing staff during his short time in charge, including the arrivals of Raul Meireles, Oriol Romeu, Gary Cahill, Juan Mata, while reducing the roles of the likes of stalwarts Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba.

Yet, whilst Villas-Boas has the future in mind, he understands that he has a duty to supporters to be successful in the here-and-now.

"There is great belief in what we're going to do next year, but we have responsibilities this year and speculation is normal.

"I'm really confident about next year. We have a three-year project to change the culture and structure. There is a lot we plan to do.

"We're still confident we can do well in the Champions League and FA Cup."

If the Blues are to claim their first Champions League title this season, then they must see off Walter Mazzarri's dangerous Napoli side. However, the Portuguese man does not believe the result in Italy on Tuesday evening will be pivotal with the return leg still to come.

"Whatever happens tomorrow will not be decisive for the tie. We have an opportunity at the Bridge as well" added Villas-Boas.

Nonetheless, he is more than aware of the threat that playing at San Paolo - where Manchester City succumbed to a 2-1 defeat earlier this season - holds for his side.

"Napoli's strengths at the San Paolo are amazing. They have built up a lot under Mazzarri. The way Napoli represent their crowd, there is a mood between the fans, the team and the city.

"Mazzarri has done an excellent job."

John Terry was also revealed to be "a major doubt" for the game due to the knee injury which has seen him miss his side’s last four matches. However, his England team-mate Ashley Cole has a better chance of returning to the Blues starting line-up.

"JT will be a major doubt" continued Villas-Boas, “[but] Ashley is in with more chance to be available. We will reassess after training."

'It's important to see the impact of training on JT's knee, and then we will decide."

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For the sake of Chelsea FC and football in general, let's hope the Russian billionaire and AVB will remain united and remove player power at Stamford Bridge.

Top of my list:

1. Frank Lampard
2. Drogba
3.J.Terry
4. Malouda
5.S. Kalou
6.Bosingwa
7.Mikel
these must go. they are from the old era. New revolution is taking place.
those trying to influence in the dressing room must be sold.

jw5

Loyal

Top of my list:
3.J.Terry

The biggest problem by far is this fellow.
There is not too much wrong with the manager and the rest of the players.
There will always be problems when the captain is an arsehole.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
The biggest problem by far is this fellow.
There is not too much wrong with the manager and the rest of the players.
There will always be problems when the captain is an arsehole.

The ring leaders are Lampard,Terry,Drogba and Anelka. The only reason why the Drog is doing a 360 now is becos of Mourinho. Yes, the special one still has influence over some of the senior players.
It can only get worse if they remain in the club. AVB is not going to get far in CL if these guys are the only options he has. When Lamps was substituted in a recent game, the disgruntled player took off his boots and rested his stinking feet against the head rest of the players sitting in front of him. Torres was sitting beside him and seriously it was a sight to behold. It just goes on to show that the mob has taken over the club. They will do as they please.

I dun know why they're afraid of Lamps. If it were me, I'd get up and give him a good wallop. The guy is a farking disgrace!!!

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no one is bigger than the club. AVB must stamp his authority.
there are young and new players available. AVB should make good use of them.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if u tink the players are not wif you of your ideas, then bench them or sell them.
no one is bigger than the club and no players should create disharmony in the squad.
look at SAF, if any player trying to be bigger than the club, he will be frozen out.

can you look at your out on loan players?:mad:

David Luiz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Chelsea sack Villas-Boas

The west London club announced that the Portuguese coach has been relieved of his managerial duties, with his No.2 placed in charge until the end of the campaign

Mar 4, 2012 2:00:00 PM

156670hp2.jpg

Chelsea announced that they have parted company with Andre Villas-Boas after a string of poor results, with his assistant Roberto Di Matteo set to take charge until the end of the season.

The Blues suffered a 1-0 away loss to West Bromwich Albion on Saturday, a result that leaves the club three points behind Arsenal who occupy the final Champions League position.

Despite making a solid start to the season, Chelsea have struggled of late and have only picked up three league wins in their last 12 games, while they are on the verge of a Champions League exit, trailing Napoli 3-1 after the first leg.

The west London club released a statement on their official website confirming the decision to remove the Portuguese trainer from his position.

"Andre Villas-Boas has parted company with Chelsea Football Club today.

"The board would like to record our gratitude for his work and express our disappointment that the relationship has ended so early.

"Unfortunately the results and performances of the team have not been good enough and were showing no signs of improving at a key time in the season.

"The club is still competing in the latter stages of the Uefa Champions League and the FA Cup, as well as challenging for a top-four spot in the Premier League, and we aim to remain as competitive as possible on all fronts.

"With that in mind we felt our only option was to make a change at this time.

"With immediate effect Roberto Di Matteo has been appointed first team coach on an interim basis until the end of the season."

Di Matteo's first game as head coach will be the FA Cup replay against Birmingham City on Tuesday.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ex Managers under Roman Abramovich

• CLAUDIO RANIERI (September 2000 to May 2004)

Life under Abramovich: The first manager to spend Abramovich's billions was under pressure from day one amid rumours Sven-Goran Eriksson was being lined up to replace him. 'Tinkerman' tag did not help the Italian and, despite finishing second in the Barclays Premier League and reaching the Champions League semi-finals, he was sacked.

Life after Abramovich: Returned to former club Valencia, immediately winning the European Super Cup. But was sacked six months later and has won nothing since, despite landing prestigious jobs at Parma, Juventus, Roma, and now Inter Milan, where rumours abound he is on the brink of the sack.

• JOSE MOURINHO (June 2004 to September 2007)

Life under Abramovich: Declared himself a 'Special One' and completely lived up to the moniker, becoming the most successful Chelsea manager ever. Immediately ended their 50-year wait for a league title with back-to-back Barclays Premier League crowns and also won the FA Cup and two Carling Cups. Champions League glory remained elusive and a power struggle with Abramovich eventually saw him leave.

Life after Abramovich: Heavily linked with the England job before eventually resurfacing at Inter Milan. One of the most successful bosses in their history, he became only the third manager to win the European Cup with two different clubs. Now at Real Madrid and on course to become the first man to win league titles in England, Italy and Spain.

• AVRAM GRANT (September 2007 to May 2008)

Life under Abramovich: Less than two months after arriving as director of football, Grant found himself parachuted into the manager's hotseat. Speculation was rife he did not have the backing of the dressing room but still managed to get the club to their only Champions League final. Also reached the Carling Cup final and finished second in the Premier League before sacking.

Life after Abramovich: History repeated itself as Grant joined Portsmouth as director of football in October 2009, once again becoming manager less than two months later. Boosted reputation by leading side to the FA Cup final despite administration saga that saw them relegated. Resigned and joined West Ham but was sacked after they were also relegated.

• LUIZ FELIPE SCOLARI (July 2008 to February 2009)

Life under Abramovich: Billed as the man to inspire Chelsea to take final step in Champions League, World Cup-winner Scolari enjoyed a flying start but things soon began to go wrong amid rumours of dressing-room unrest. The timing of the Brazilian's sacking after just seven months still came as shock.

Life after Abramovich: Made surprise decision to join Uzbekistani champions FC Bunyodkor, although the salary reportedly made him the one of the highest paid managers around. Left after less than a year and returned to former club Palmeiras, where he has enjoyed mixed fortunes.

• GUUS HIDDINK (February 2009 to May 2009)

Life under Abramovich: Still revered by players and fans for rescuing Chelsea's season while combining Russia job with a caretaker role at Stamford Bridge. Won the FA Cup and desperately unlucky not to reach the Champions League final, Hiddink lost only one game in charge.

Life after Abramovich: Continued as Russia boss until June 2010, leaving after failing to lead them to the World Cup. Became Turkey manager but left in November after losing another play-off, this time for the European Championships. Persistently linked with a return to Chelsea after Carlo Ancelotti was sacked before joining mega-rich Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala in February.

• CARLO ANCELOTTI (June 2009 to May 2011)

Life under Abramovich: Recruited largely because of two Champions League successes at AC Milan, instead delivered Chelsea's first ever double in maiden season. Nevertheless damaged by losing in the Champions League last 16, a slump last term resulted in a trophyless campaign saw the Italian axed.

Life after Abramovich: Linked with several jobs in England and abroad, December saw him appointed manager of big-spending Ligue 1 leaders Paris St Germain.

--------------------------------------------------

seems life is better leaving Chelsea.:eek: