• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Maggie Cheung Shiok Again with Angmo

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fifty-year-old Maggie Cheung (張曼玉) is enjoying a half-retired life with her new beau. In January of this year, Maggie was spotted walking her dog with her new boyfriend Adrian da Silva, a member of the indie bands Audiotraffic and Cry. Adrian, who is half-Spanish and half-Chinese, is 15 years younger than Maggie.

Sources say that the couple met several years ago in a recording studio. Maggie, who gradually retired from acting over the years, had been spending more time behind-the-scenes to make music. Maggie and Adrian bonded through their love for music and eventually got together after Maggie’s consistent pursuits. Though they do not live together, Adrian was spotted on numerous occasions spending the night at Maggie’s estate in Nam Wan.

In November, the paparazzi spotted an extremely thin Maggie shopping with a group of friends at a supermarket in Causeway Bay. Although covered from head to toe and wearing sunglasses, many shoppers recognized Maggie and gawked at her, pointing out how much weight she had lost recently.

Maggie ignored the murmurs and happily shopped with her friends, picking out snacks and various pork jerky. When more people began to recognize her and the crowd thickened, Maggie and her friends quickly paid for their groceries and left the store.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where got ang mo? This guy's a Macanese Portuguese Eurasian. It's like saying that Vernetta Lopez or Andrea De Cruz is ang mo.

Image: Blacksmith Books

Adrian Da Silva
Musician / Songwriter

I was born in Hong Kong, my mother is British and met my Macanese Chinese father here when her family moved to Hong Kong.

As a child, being Eurasian had no real impact on me. I went to an international school and everyone was different. Now I am older, I appreciate the ambiguity of being Eurasian, I kind of like not belonging to any particular ethnicity. It’s good to not be defined by any nationality and its accompanying stereotypes (although it has to be said that sometimes Eurasians have their own stereotype of being smart and good-looking!). Saying that, I think that this ambiguity is not the preserve of Eurasians alone. Being such a cosmopolitan place, people in Hong Kong generally have a choice to take what they want from each culture. Even if you belong to a nationality, it doesn’t mean that you have to be immersed in that nationality. A lot of Asians identify with other countries, for example in following football, or being fans of different music.

I play and sing in a band and although sometimes it seems a bit weird to be playing English music to a mostly local crowd, I feel that music is truly international – it doesn’t matter about language. Everyone knows who Michael Jackson is.

Being Eurasian has not really affected my music career. The only time it really comes up is during interviews when I’m always asked how I can look kind of Chinese and have lived here for 29 years and not speak Cantonese. The only answer I can give is that in the international school bubble, many if not most of us couldn’t speak Cantonese regardless of how long we’d been in Hong Kong or even if we had been born here.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
angmo the best!

552239-32810930-7e78-11e3-b5e9-5dbf65914dfa.jpg

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All because he has an ang moh doesn't make him an ang moh. Goddamn it. I don't know why but no matter how asian such a eurasian is he's going to be defined as ang moh by some ppl possibly those with an agenda.