• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Angry Thai monk thought expat called him a 'buffalo' -- so he slaps him on train

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Angry Thai monk thought expat called him a 'buffalo' -- so he slaps him on train
Posted on 17 December 2014 | 4,940 views | 5 comments

An angry monk slapped an expat across the face on a Thai train after misunderstanding what the foreigner had said.

The incident happened on Dec 7, on a train travelling between Bangkok and Phitsanulok.

The expat is an English teacher working and living in Thailand.

According to Bangkok Post, a Facebook user who witnessed the incident said that it all began when two women came up to the expat asking whether he could give up his seat and sit next to the monk on the opposite side.

The foreigner agreed and sat next to the monk who was sleeping.

As the monk woke up, the foreigner asked him in English whether he can sit beside him.

"I don't understand you. What are you talking about," the monk was quoted as saying in Thai.

Facebook user Pui Pupriew wrote that the foreigner tried to explain to the monk in English and said "fine, fine" to him.

However, the monk misheard him saying "fai" which means buffalo in Thai jargon.

The monk then stood up, accused the foreigner of cursing him, and slapped him in the face.

The foreigner again tried to explain but the monk slapped him two more times.

A train official came to intervene and the monk walked away.

After the video clip went viral, the foreigner was later filmed by his neighbour and explained what had happened.

Facebook user Noojeab Kuntao‎ wrote about Jeff, the foreigner who was assaulted by the monk:

"Jeff wants to tell everyone that he is 'sabai sabai' (meaning 'I'm fine' in Thai) and he doesn't want to take action against the monk"

In the video, Jeff said he held no grudge and wanted the issue to end.

He added:

"I love Thailand very much ... Many people supported me over the Internet. I appreciate it. Everything is OK."

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...d-him-a-buffalo-so-he-slaps-him-on-thai-train

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Seems like the real monk is the ang mo, who is able to forgive and move on. On the other hand, the Thai "monk", puts on a big show of appearing pious with his shaved head and saffron robes, loses his temper like any ordinary man. He's probably into monkhood for political and other selfish reasons.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Seems like the real monk is the ang mo, who is able to forgive and move on. On the other hand, the Thai "monk", puts on a big show of appearing pious with his shaved head and saffron robes, loses his temper like any ordinary man. He's probably into monkhood for political and other selfish reasons.

Just like some religion of Peace is actually not peaceful.