• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thinking of buying one of these

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If we worried about such things, powered flight would never have been invented.

Life is always a balance between risk and reward.

However, I need to do further research as there are legislated restrictions on single engined planes flying across large expanses of water.

it always more prudent to have twin engines when flying long distance over water.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Why not look at planes with 2 engines? It might be more $$$ but is safer in case one of the engines develops problems.

Aiyah, Sam the Sheep Fucker donch have multi engine rating lah. That's obvious to me. that's why he has to look for single engine planes.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyah, Sam the Sheep Fucker donch have multi engine rating lah. That's obvious to me. that's why he has to look for single engine planes.

not that difficult to get multi engine rating right?

machiam got class 3 liao, attend another 8 lessons for class 4.:biggrin:

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get it! Pilatus has the best flight performance characteristics in all of the RC models I have flown. It simply just loves to climb.

With the faster speed and higher ceiling you can reach OZ land in no time. Furthermore with a higher ceiling of a commercial airliner you plenty of time to gently glide down across the sea to reach OZ just in case the engine fails. Otherwise you can swim with the sharks infested waters.

Generally, German speaking country made products have better quality than American shits.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Have you got your pilot's license yet?
Or are you looking to hire a pilot?

About NZD2.5 million.

Maintenance will be $10,000 to $15,000 for every 100 hours of flight.

A new engine costs $120,000.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Have you got your pilot's license yet?
Or are you looking to hire a pilot?

I'm halfway there. Solo flight after Xmas.

I plan to hire a pilot. I'm learning to fly because I want to tick that off my bucket list. I don't really have any passion for flying. I find it rather boring and stressful. I am not a systematic person but when it comes to flying, you have to be extremely disciplined. You cannot do things on a whim. Everything has to be planned well ahead.

jw5

Loyal
FYI, there is at least one qualified pilot in your forum. :wink:

If he is interested to be hired by you, he will PM you. :smile:

Somehow, I don't think he will be. :biggrin:

I'm halfway there. Solo flight after Xmas.

I plan to hire a pilot. I'm learning to fly because I want to tick that off my bucket list. I don't really have any passion for flying. I find it rather boring and stressful. I am not a systematic person but when it comes to flying, you have to be extremely disciplined. You cannot do things on a whim. Everything has to be planned well ahead.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I will hire an Ang Moh pilot. Ang Mohs are the best.

cockeye1918

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look at cockeyed Sam I don't think he can walk a straight line so how to do other more complex stuff? He will probably try to hire a pilot and pay the guy in points after persuading him to join the forum.

jw5

Loyal
My kaki called to tell me that Samy Leong can ride a seatless bicycle with training wheels. :biggrin:

Look at cockeyed Sam I don't think he can walk a straight line so how to do other more complex stuff? He will probably try to hire a pilot and pay the guy in points after persuading him to join the forum.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.aerospace-technology.com/projects/pilatus_pc12/pilatus_pc121.html

pc12_1.jpg

Does anyone have any experience in using one of these for regular commutes? Please PM me if you do.

In Singapore? CAAS makes air worthiness checks prohibitively costly