• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What happened to the original tenants od 112 Katong?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: What happened to the original tenants of 112 Katong?

Yes even Robinsons has moved. They now occupy their own building where the Heeren used to be located. Metro has taken over Robinsons original Centrepoint location.

I was surprise to find a Harvey Norman on one of the floors at Centrepoint. The rent must be a killer. Also found Courts located in the building where Marks & Spencer used to occupy..

When I was going through the maze of underground tunnels I was thinking of the impact that those tunnels might have on the flooding in that area:eek:

George Quek's eateries are infesting all the prime locations. I only discovered recently that there's a Food Republic just next to the entrance of Scotts Isetan. Food Republic and Toast Box also took up almost half of the circular terrace around Suntec City's Fountain of Wealth, I remember there were a larger variety of restaurants there before the renovation of Suntec City.

That's why nobody with a conscience or of sound mind should want Lee Hsien Loong to take charge for another 10 years. The damage of his rule is out there in plain sight for all to see.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

George Quek's eateries are infesting all the prime locations. I only discovered recently that there's a Food Republic just next to the entrance of Scotts Isetan. Food Republic and Toast Box also took up almost half of the circular terrace around Suntec City's Fountain of Wealth, I remember there were a larger variety of restaurants there before the renovation of Suntec City.

That's why nobody with a conscience or of sound mind should want Lee Hsien Loong to take charge for another 10 years. The damage of his rule is out there in plain sight for all to see.

I notice that 112 Katong has a Food Republic. They have also taken over the food court operations at City Square Mall at Kitchener Rd.

When I visited Isetan at Scotts, I took a quick look at the stalls of the Food Republic there but decided to go elsewhere to eat :biggrin:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I notice that 112 Katong has a Food Republic. They have also taken over the food court operations at City Square Mall at Kitchener Rd.

When I visited Isetan at Scotts, I took a quick look at the stalls of the Food Republic there but decided to go elsewhere to eat :biggrin:

Glory Catering's beef rendang best, at East Coast Road !:o

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is there still a bowling alley there? I used to go there I had a crush on the daughter of one of the store owners. Cant remember what she sold though.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There are also maid parties in Bukit Timah Shopping Centre and Hougang Green.

It's been a long, long,... time since I visited Bukit Timah shopping Centre.

When I was staying around that area the malls didn't even exist. There was only the Beauty World market where the current BW Plaza is currently located. The Beauty World Centre was just an empty lot. Maybe it's time for a re-visit just to see how the neighbourhood has changed.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It's been a long, long,... time since I visited Bukit Timah shopping Centre.

When I was staying around that area the malls didn't even exist. There was only the Beauty World market where the current BW Plaza is currently located. The Beauty World Centre was just an empty lot. Maybe it's time for a re-visit just to see how the neighbourhood has changed.

Back in the day, Bukit Timah Shopping Centre and Beauty World Centre were hip and trendy places to go, comparable to Parkway Parade or even Plaza Singapura. There were lots of kids playing video games at shops, and more kids crowding around the tv to watch.

Beauty World still has an assortment of shops, but Bukit Timah Shopping Centre is now a hub for maid agencies. Even the more interesting shops which had persisted for a long time (fengshui/crystal shop, pet shop) are now gone.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sim Lim Tower was the place. I bought my first computer, a Cubic 99 – an Apple clone with a built-in synthesizer – from Creative Tech at SL Tower. Sim Wong Hoo showed me how to operate its 'talking' function.

Serious? You mean SWH started from a single unit Sim Lim retail shop doing walk in sales?

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal

There used to be many massage parlours, security agencies, a martial arts club

I wonder why they downgraded Katong Mall to such an eyesore called 112

It's the same with all other malls whereas the old one had character

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There used to be many massage parlours, security agencies, a martial arts club

I wonder why they downgraded Katong Mall to such an eyesore called 112

It's the same with all other malls whereas the old one had character

The same reason why Paradiz Centre became POMO: higher rent.

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal

POMO is in a terrible state now

The landlord thought too highly of themselves and since SgPools moved down the street, they are eating grass

Peace Centre is being put up for en loc again but will fail because they want the sky for a 45-year old property with no top-up

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree. Pomo has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Except for SYTs masquerading as students.

Paradiz Centre was at least interesting with a unique 'ah beng' subculture not found anywhere else... a lot of cybercafes, snooker bars and very interesting eateries and bakeries.

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Paradiz Centre was at least interesting with a unique 'ah beng' subculture not found anywhere else... a lot of cybercafes, snooker bars and very interesting eateries and bakeries.
Agree. Used to go there to play counterstrike and pool. They even had some arcade game centres there then.