• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Car dealer cheats 40 customers

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An angry crowd of around 30 customers gathered outside a car dealership in MacPherson Road yesterday afternoon to demand their money back.

They believe they had been conned of their downpayments for their new cars - between $20,000 and $40,000 each - by the director of Volks Auto, a parallel importer.

Said Mr Kenny Lim, 36, who paid a $37,000 deposit for a Honda Vezel S meant as a gift for his father: "I almost wanted to smash the glass down to get in."

At $108,000, including a certificate of entitlement for the car, it was a bargain.

The same car usually went for $130,000 at other parallel importers.

Said another angry buyer: "Jover Chew is nothing compared to this."

Read the full report in our print edition on Dec 16.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
An angry crowd of around 30 customers gathered outside a car dealership in MacPherson Road yesterday afternoon to demand their money back.

They believe they had been conned of their downpayments for their new cars - between $20,000 and $40,000 each - by the director of Volks Auto, a parallel importer.

Said Mr Kenny Lim, 36, who paid a $37,000 deposit for a Honda Vezel S meant as a gift for his father: "I almost wanted to smash the glass down to get in."

At $108,000, including a certificate of entitlement for the car, it was a bargain.

This is clearly an illegal gathering. Why weren't the riot police activated to disperse them with batons and tear gas?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$37,000 is of course no small sum.

I couldn't help but think of the PAP withholding people's CPF. Of course people are angry & there is nothing they can do openly. On the day of the GE, I'm sure many will voice their anger.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah sinkies are really rich , just a small car dealing shop have 30+ customers paying for downpayments. If they are not conman, the agents can make a lot of comm sia..

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sinkie really stupid. COE already $75k on average. How to sell car at $108k??? He should smell something wrong.

sinkies kena conned.. as usual..

As usual. All ball cut off during NS.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Angry car buyers gather at dealership

Owner of car dealership fell victim to addictive gambling?

Back to Top Stories Section

[h=3][/h]
MY_20141216_STCAR16_P_907199.jpg
[h=3][/h]FRUSTRATED: The group said they had bought cars from Volks Auto, but have not received them after the delivery dates.

PHOTO: THE STRAITS TIMES

Published on Dec 16, 2014

[h=2]Angry car buyers gather at dealership[/h]

KOK XING HUI

MORE than 20 people gathered outside a car dealership in MacPherson Road yesterday, after it failed to deliver the cars they had bought.
They wanted to look for the owner, whom they said has been uncontactable for a few days.
Members of the group said they had bought cars from Volks Auto in the last few months, but the cars were not delivered even though their delivery dates had come and gone.
Their stories followed the same plot: Buyers saw the dealership's advertisement, bought cars for up to $10,000 less than at other parallel importers and paid a deposit, but were fed excuses on why the cars were not ready when they went to collect them months later.
One such buyer, a 63-year-old who gave his name only as Mr Fong, listed the excuses he received: His Toyota Harrier was stuck in immigration or it was with the Land Transport Authority for inspection.
Mr Fong's car was supposed to have been in his possession in mid-October.
The Straits Times was shown copies of contracts from the angry buyers.
The frustration was clear among those gathered outside the building - one man even shouted at a security guard.
About 50 of these buyers found one another while visiting the shop, which has been closed since Saturday, or through the Mycarforum.com online forum.
A WhatsApp group chat has also been formed, through which they discussed actions they could take.
A separate group has made a police report.
[email protected]

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Angry car buyers gather at dealership

fwah... honda vezel... swee. i nearly tempted to get it.

honda-vezel-interior-tms-005.jpg

honda-vezel.jpg

honda-vezel-modulo-concept-rear-three-quarter.jpg

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

get your vezel or whichever PI model from Vincar. they are more reliable.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the interior of this Honda Vezel is truly.........deplorable.......the massive aircon vent on the dashboard......wah lan...........

anyway, in all these cases............i always wonder which country the conman is in now.......maybe reading the news and having a good laugh.........

Buckethead

Alfrescian
Loyal

" At $108,000, including a certificate of entitlement for the car, it was a bargain.
The same car usually went for $130,000 at other parallel importers. "

A difference of over $20k with both also parallel importers, it's a deal worth waiting for...now he have to wait long long..LOL