• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP - We need you to build this vision with us

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We need you to build this vision with us

http://yoursdp.org/news/we_need_you_to_build_this_vision_with_us/2014-12-10-5918

We want to build a thinking nation, one that shows compassion, one where the government listens to us, and where, even though things are not easy, we never give up trying to progress as a people.

We want to unfetter the minds of our fellow citizens, maximise opportunity for our younger people, and empower the poor among us.

We want to reclaim for our people the ability to question authority and to build a capacity for collective reasoning and debate.

This is the vision that the SDP has been working towards. We have a chance to achieve it at the next elections.

But we cannot do this alone. No one can. We need you, the people, to build this vision with us.

Next year we celebrate our 35th year of democratic service. During this time, we have been attacked relentlessly. There have been times when we had very little to go on. But we dug deep and where there was no path forward, we made one. We persevered because we believed in our people, in our nation.

Today, we humbly say that not only are we are still standing but, more importantly, we are growing and moving forward ever so determinedly. We have been consistent, we have been honest, and we have worked hard, very hard – all to make this Republic that we call home a better and prouder one for all our fellow citizens.

If you share our vision, if you believe in what we have done, if you believe in principled leadership then volunteer with us and join our campaign. Come to our GE2015 Campaign Kick-Off on 10 Jan 2015 at the Holiday Inn Atrium, Outram Road from 2-5pm.

Many Singaporeans expect elections to be called in the last quarter of 2015. That leaves us around nine months to make our case to voters to elect SDP candidates into Parliament.

We have a mountain to climb. Our opponents have, to put it generously, an unfair advantage: They control the media; have, at their disposal, huge resources from the state; and bully and intimidate voters.

The task ahead, as you can see, is truly mammoth. If we delay our work or economise in our effort, we will wake up the day after polling to find that the PAP has retained all the seats. This will be disastrous for Singapore and her future, an outcome that none of us want to see.

So while we still can, while we still have time, let us roll up our sleeves and get to work. We are starting early so that when the whistle blows, we are prepared.

Go to our FB event page and make a commitment to come. We will run a brief workshop to equip you with the skills to help run the campaign.

Spread the word, don't just come by yourselves. Bring your family and friends, colleagues and classmates along. Organise groups on your FB. Talk to your neighbours. Let's get busy and turn this into a truly historic campaign.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear SBF brothers/sisters, normally I do not like to post political messages in the The Courtyard Cafe.

However, since the message of this thread is to request for volunteers, I hope you all do not mind that I post this message here in the Courtyard Cafe as the number of "eyeballs" is far bigger here than in the Political Issues forum. Thanks and cheers! :smile::smile::smile:

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear SBF brothers/sisters, normally I do not like to post political messages in the The Courtyard Cafe.

However, since the message of this thread is to request for volunteers, I hope you all do not mind that I post this message here in the Courtyard Cafe as the number of "eyeballs" is far bigger here than in the Political Issues forum. Thanks and cheers! :smile::smile::smile:

u r damn right, there r many big balls in zis forum.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u r damn right, there r many big balls in zis forum.

Aiyo, bro, I think you got the wrong meaning lah! :biggrin:

Number of "eyeballs" in this instance means number of page views lah.

So, how? You gonna sarpok sarpok SDP and be a volunteer or not huh? :smile::biggrin:

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought SBF used to be the hatching ground and hotbed of opposition politics in Singapore (especially before the Facebook age).

But now, so few SBF brothers here "kee chiu" to be volunteers leh. :confused::smile:

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For the benefit of those who, like me, do not know the lyrics of this song, here goes....

I learn something new today. Nice song :smile:

[video=youtube;JkCKaAgu8h4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkCKaAgu8h4[/video]

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If only we Singaporeans can have campaign videos like the Americans.

Yes We Can - Barack Obama Music Video

[video=youtube;jjXyqcx-mYY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjXyqcx-mYY[/video]

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
JibJab.com "This Land!"

[video=youtube;z8Q-sRdV7SY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8Q-sRdV7SY[/video]

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought SBF used to be the hatching ground and hotbed of opposition politics in Singapore (especially before the Facebook age).

But now, so few SBF brothers here "kee chiu" to be volunteers leh. :confused::smile:

PAP's strategy is to keep Singaporeans busy chasing upgrades and paying loans and no time for politics