• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

People born in Singapore before 1965

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Immigrants from the motherland Yindia, ROC or Straits born. Nothing to do with filthy malaysians except their progentitors too came from the same places.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not really, if you were born before 1955, you would be a subject of the colony of Singapore, from 1955 to 16 Sep 1963, you would have been born in the (self-governing) State of Singapore.

Between 16 Sep 1963 and 9 Aug 1965, you would have been born in the Federation of Malaysia, BUT I believe birth certificates still said 'State of Singapore'. This was because under the terms of the merger, people born in Singapore did not automatically have Malaysian citizenship.

So anyone older than 50 this year can claim MY citizenship?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyah!, never mind, we the citizens of Singapore, why we worry....citizens of what?...we are the citizens of PAP, the flag belong to PAP, the song composed by the PAP, the pledge written by the PAP...

WE ARE THE CITIZENS OF PAP.....:rolleyes:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not really, colonial subjects (not even those from HK) have ever got automatic British citizenship. In the same way, I doubt that those born in Syonanto could claim Japanese citizenship.

BTW, before Singapore became Syonanto, it was part of the Straits Settlement which comprised Penang, Melaka and Singapore and I'm sure some of those born into that entity are still around.

So those born before 1955 can they claim Bristish citizen???

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My father was born in SG in the late 1920's, and was a British subject.
He had a British passport, and I am not sure whether at that time, he could have made an application for British citizenship.
Irrelevant now.