• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Business Licenses And The Medisave Blackmail

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: The Real Singapore

BUSINESS LICENSES AND THE MEDISAVE BLACKMAIL
Post date: 14 Dec 2014 - 8:04am

CPF-board_0.jpg

Can someone tell me:

Why I am being blackmailed into contributing to (my) Medisave to renew my company license?

Monies in my Medisave that I will never see in my lifetime. Makes no sense that I also have a private insurance.

As a small business this is extra burden even if its a few hundred $. I don’t see any business friendly policies for small businesses.

Almost every year I have to pay a late penalty of $50 on top of the $20 fee to renew.

ACRA can only do renewals on a yearly basis. For a 2 year renewal they directed me to a company call DP Bureau, who can do a 2-year renewal, something ACRA as government body cannot do but a (private?!) Company can. DP will do for you, of course for a fee… Why are they doing ACRA’s job?

If I am running a decently profitable company I would not mind throwing some money for Medisave (which I consider as forced payment to charity), ACRA penalty and fees. And more fees to a company called DP Bureau.

Who owns DP Bureau?

I pay the govt more money in taxes, goods and service than it dishes out to me…

What is wrong with all these super grade brains in the govt service who are paid hundreds of thousands of $?

I do not like anyone to tell me how to spend my money on what medicine and treatment I can or cannot have.

Not Happy

End Of Article​

Readers' Comment

Winson Kht
This is something new to most readers, maybe to most people who are self-employed, like property agent license will not be renewed for none payment of outstanding Medisave. Also, I understand from my taxi driver friend that one has to make payment in full or installment to CPF before one can submit an application for a taxi license.

Maybe, anyone who is familiar with the CPF Act or someone out there who works in the CPF or the CPF itself would like to enlighten to our readers or its citizens which part or Section of the the CPF Act that requires its citizens or the self-employed that any non payment of your Medisave, current or outstanding will subject to such restrictions for licensing renewal.

Like myself and many others, I am sure those who read the above posting would be very interested to know which Section of the CPF Act that clearly imprinted for such mandatory. Is there any other occupation that falls under such restriction that we are not aware of, for example, if I were to apply for a hawker license?​

Dave Tan
Its under Section 13A of CPF Act.​

Alberto San
I too owe cpf medisave. So cannot renew my karung guni business co. In 2004 i offer to pay monthly instalment $100 just to renew my license. It was turned down. So i closed shop. Till today every yr cpf send me letter to pay up my own medisave debts. I am now 60yrs senior citizen. My medisave account cannot be used for my doctor daily medication long term illness except $400 per yr. And they are still chasing me to pay up the owe medisave since 2004. Treathen me with court prosecution....​

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal
What blackmail? If you can't even set aside a small sum for your own future healthcare, how can you run a business?

This system may not be perfect but it is relies on self-funding.

What if you don't have Medisave and fall sick, taxpayers pay for you.

Is this fair or is self-funding fair?

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
What blackmail? If you can't even set aside a small sum for your own future healthcare, how can you run a business?

If I have a fever now, can I use Medisave? Don't talk cock about future healthcare!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is for your own good. Thank goodness we have the PAP to think of everything for us.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

All I know is that when Top Gahman Serpent fall sick and warded in 1st Class
Bed in Hospital we folks pay for em. The Commoner will never be able to sleep
in 1st Class when the word FREE is used.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had a Fren who went for a Scan on a Growth and had to pay in Full,
was told that if is its Cancerous than can use Medisafe, WTF!