• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Alibaba Jack Ma becomes Asia's richest person, surpassing HK tycoon Li Ka Shing

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.straitstimes.com/news/as...es-asias-richest-person-beating-hk-tycoon-li-

Alibaba founder Jack Ma becomes Asia's richest person, surpassing HK tycoon Li Ka Shing

BEIJING (CHINA DAILY/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Mr Jack Ma, founder and executive chairman of China's Alibaba Group, has become the richest person in Asia.
The 50-year-old founder of China's biggest e-commerce company surpassed Mr Li Ka Shing, the Hong Kong property tycoon who has held the top spot in Asia since April 5, 2012, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
He has a US$28.6 billion (S$37.6 billion) fortune, according to the Bloomberg ranking. Mr Li has a net worth of US$28.3 billion.
Mr Ma has added US$25 billion to his fortune this year riding a 54 per cent surge in the company's shares since its September initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange. At that scale, Alibaba is on the verge of becoming one of the 10 most valuable companies in the world.
Alibaba, whose online marketplaces - Taobao and Tmall - had 307 million active buyers in China as of September, saw revenue rise to 16.8 billion yuan (S$3.6 billion) between July and September, according to Bloomberg.

ascrwxnz

Alfrescian
Loyal

If i want to be King in my trade in my own country, i'll just get the relevant authorities to ban foreigners from competition. :rolleyes:

znxwrmc

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way to keep the PAP IB busy, should i derate this thread? No hard feelings for it's just tit for tat for their childishness. :biggrin:

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But Jack isn't happy.

<header class="" style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 20px;">China’s Richest Man, Jack Ma: I’m Not Happy Being So Rich

jack-ma-alibaba.jpg

JILLIAN D'ONFRO TECH <time class="published" datetime="2014-11-12T01:04:06+00:00" style="box-sizing: border-box; display: inline-block; margin-right: 5px; padding-right: 5px; line-height: 14px;">NOV. 12, 2014, 1:04 AM</time>
</header>
The founder and executive chairman of e-commerce giant Alibaba isn’t happy about being the richest man in China.

Jack Ma became China’s richest man after Alibaba IPO’d in September, and he told CNBC that he thinks the responsibility is a “great pain” and that he’s not happy. The pressure gets to him, especially as people put high expectations on Alibaba’s stock price.

“IPO is great because…I’m happy with the results,” he says, “But honestly, I think when people think too highly of you, you have the responsibility to calm down and be yourself.”

Ma says he tries to make himself happy, because he knows that the happiness of his colleagues, shareholders, and customers depends on his outlook, to some extent.

Not only does the stock price and thinking about the future worry him, but he feels like people look at him differently when they see him on the street. He feels like people have started surrounding him because of his riches, not because of who is actually is.

“I want people to see this is entrepreneur, this is a guy who is having fun of himself,” Ma says. “I want to be myself.”

He told CNBC he’s looking for ways to use his enormous wealth to give back to society.

danielsim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jack Ma followed his vision despite only having few that believed in him at the initial stage. Respect!

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's see him beating LKY.

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/as...es-asias-richest-person-beating-hk-tycoon-li-

Alibaba founder Jack Ma becomes Asia's richest person, surpassing HK tycoon Li Ka Shing

BEIJING (CHINA DAILY/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Mr Jack Ma, founder and executive chairman of China's Alibaba Group, has become the richest person in Asia.
The 50-year-old founder of China's biggest e-commerce company surpassed Mr Li Ka Shing, the Hong Kong property tycoon who has held the top spot in Asia since April 5, 2012, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
He has a US$28.6 billion (S$37.6 billion) fortune, according to the Bloomberg ranking. Mr Li has a net worth of US$28.3 billion.
Mr Ma has added US$25 billion to his fortune this year riding a 54 per cent surge in the company's shares since its September initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange. At that scale, Alibaba is on the verge of becoming one of the 10 most valuable companies in the world.
Alibaba, whose online marketplaces - Taobao and Tmall - had 307 million active buyers in China as of September, saw revenue rise to 16.8 billion yuan (S$3.6 billion) between July and September, according to Bloomberg.

Makoto

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qgoKbMW8DrE?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>