• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mr Tan Jee Say can win a GRC next GE !

Tiu-leh-see-fart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recent Elections in Taiwan saw a shameful defeat of the incumbent party. The landslide victory by the alternative party is not a fluke. Young and wiser voters do not anymore adapt to harsh policies , they want to change the environment to befit their survival in the modern era .
There is no secret ---the incumbent nagged about history whereas the other voices talked the present . Therefore, the former deserved the outright defeat.

Now look at the crown at the PAP party. Instead of focusing how to make life better for the people, WP was the bogeyman to wanting to upset votes. Nitpicking will never see a smarter nation, it becomes a biggest joke ever in History. Anyway what is smart nation when petrol tax is still all over behind the wheels? No electric and no solar ?
Power is given by the people, and politics is not a game to play personally or emotionally---it is all about the people. Politics is about livelihood and happiness period.

Anyway, smart nation still see third-world salaries and first- world cost of living? Better be dead than to be half-dead.
Mr Tan Jee Say can win a GRC. Gather some good guys, groom them up to look smart. Focus on present woes the young and old are facing now and in future.

Now ,housing and Healthcare and transportation and CPF are the utmost issues on the table to beat up the drum fiercely next GE.
Young generation after paying housing and transportation and healthcare and CPF would have nothing to left to enjoy. In other words, there is no happiness being young and old in Singapore. Their happiness of having more children, having more money to invest, having more money to travel and do what they like is deprived by the PAP . What is the purpose of being singaporeans, just paying bills or sue people for defamation?

You know the elderly who do not have medishield will have their medisave wiped out if they are hospitalized and incur a large medical bills. Family members will also suffer if all monies to pay medical bills are exhausted. This kind of problem caused by PAP is cruelty .
The Pioneer generation card is also another big joke, Hospitalisation for the Pioneers cannot be used. What the fuck !
Disappointingly , we don’t see Parliamentary debate about all these real- people real- ground issues though we have 8 oppo voices .
Mr Tan Jee Say is an outspoken and straight person. He can reach out to the young and old about these issues. He can hit really hard on issues that are causing hardship to the Singaporeans.

We hope to see Dr Chee and Mr Tan Jee Say win each a GRC next GE so at least it is quite ok to lose Aljunied GRC to PAP.
We hope Dr Chee and Mr Tan be patient and focus on the voters. Re-wash the brain of the voters.
The old one is already irrevelant and the son is left alone. Mr Tan Jee Say should contest AMK GRC and win , let say 50.5 % is good enough to see a radical change.

Here we wish Dr Chee and Mr Tan Jee say good luck and god bless.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Tiu-lee-see-fart,

Great analysis. Thanks

1. Singaporeans are fed up with failed PAP policies
2. PAP is still arrogant
3. PAP has recruitment and retention problems
4. AP is experiencing a resurgence both in quantity and quality
5. People are angry with PAP
6. PAP Ministers are deaf
7. Economy is struggling
8. Lawlessness and corruption are widespread in SG

What a delicious recipe for the downfall of PAP.

If TJS, AYG, TPA contest at AMK GRC, I see LHL having a less than even chance defending AMK.

If CSJ, PT stand at Holland GRC, I see VB being booted out.

Who can PAP send to Aljunied? I hope LW and DL will put their money where their mouths are and volunteer to "kick out" WP as they are so vociferous against WP. Why do LW and DL talk so much? Just stand against the WP.

I see at least 15 seats to the APs at the next GE

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
9. FTs are running rampant in our country putting our singapore boys to work as cleaners, security and taxi drivers ( who in turn gets whacked throw throw by Foreigners )

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
9. FTs are running rampant in our country putting our singapore boys to work as cleaners, security and taxi drivers ( who in turn gets whacked throw throw by Foreigners )

agree, agree!

and SG guys have to do NS to protect these foreign crooks

Man in the streets

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very true, the past cannot justify what went wrong the present. It doesn't make sense to talk about history to try to stay in power. it is a joke becos young voters cannot live in the past and pay the present astronomical bills.

moreover, apt block flat cost only 35k but now is calling 700k. this is crazy under the PAP regime.

Talking about medical bills, it sounds even weirder for voters to vote in mandarins who are getting free medical treatment.

More to say, the whole bloody list is endless.

another thing, WP risks to lose Aljunied GRC if they keep quiet and get entangled with trivial issues.

Smart nation is getting out of hand under some mad fellows.

Yes, Mr TJS may be the better person to do the job now.

PoliticalDialogue

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here we wish Dr Chee and Mr Tan Jee say good luck and god bless.

A lot of voters might vote on the basis of policies, but there is always a segment of voters -- a segment that is large enough to ultimately decide the outcome of elections -- who vote largely on the basis of whether they can or cannot relate to candidates. As of now, I would say that a majority of people in that segment are unable to relate to CSJ or TJS.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A lot of voters might vote on the basis of policies, but there is always a segment of voters -- a segment that is large enough to ultimately decide the outcome of elections -- who vote largely on the basis of whether they can or cannot relate to candidates. As of now, I would say that a majority of people in that segment are unable to relate to CSJ or TJS.

Voters who vote on the basis of policies are a minority in Singapore. We're not that sophisticated yet. Otherwise the SDP would be the most dominant opposition party.

Most heartland voters vote for people they know and trust. Not for some policy paper put up on the website. So it's important to go door-to-door, greet them, shake their hands, establish a rapport. That's how CST and LTK earned the trust of their constituents. In some ways the electorate today are no different from those 25 years ago.

Opposition parties ignore the importance of ground work at their own peril.

Man in the streets

Alfrescian
Loyal
You know the elderly who do not have medishield will have their medisave wiped out if they are hospitalized and incur a large medical bills. Family members will also suffer if all monies to pay medical bills are exhausted. This kind of problem caused by PAP is cruelty .
The Pioneer generation card is also another big joke, Hospitalisation for the Pioneers cannot be used. What the fuck !
Disappointingly , we don’t see Parliamentary debate about all these real- people real- ground issues though we have 8 oppo voices

You bring up a very serious issue that Parliament actually did not debate tooth and nail.
it is a fact that many elderly people do not qualify for medishield when the cut off age is 69 eversince the scheme was introduced.

so these elderly medisave are wiped clean when they face large medical bills after their discharge. Their children's medisave may also be exhausted if their old parents do not have enough medisave. They may also pay cash if things gone wrong.

PAP hospitals work on the system that children can also pay for the bills.

But the children also need medisave themselves to support in time of need. You know medical bills can kill a family.

Medifund is harder to get unless the children are all bankrupt.

pioneer generation card cannot be used for hospitalization is really a wicked game to play.

it is unfortunate that workers party did not argue fiercely for the elderly who need real help. .

everybody else will get very old and frail......so do LKY or LHL or GCT,etc.

Bad karma is real........we shall see

Last edited:

PoliticalDialogue

Alfrescian
Loyal
TJS is growing from strength to strength, still I doubt he can win anything in the upcoming GE.

That last part I would agree with. Ultimately, I think some of the smaller parties will make a last ditch effort to get some sort of collaboration with WP so as to improve their chances, but it will not be forthcoming.

jw5

Loyal
Did you know him when you were both at Oxford?

That last part I would agree with. Ultimately, I think some of the smaller parties will make a last ditch effort to get some sort of collaboration with WP so as to improve their chances, but it will not be forthcoming.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

Collaboration can only be achieved on a win-win basis and I can't see what can smaller parties offer to entice WP. Surely those parties leadership won't be so silly to hit their head against a brick wall knowing what WP likely response to their overtures will be. Unless their intentions is to portray WP as arrogant and uncooperative so as to put pressure on WP to compromise on certain things.

PoliticalDialogue

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you know him when you were both at Oxford?

No. I was not at Oxford. The main issue revolving around TJS are public perceptions. If, as it seems to be the case, the previous party TJS was associated with seems disinclined to have much dealings with him, then it would be a stretch to argue that his prospects improve a bit more with middle ground voters. Still, politics does make strange bedfellows, and things might change heading into the GE.

PoliticalDialogue

Alfrescian
Loyal
Collaboration can only be achieved on a win-win basis and I can't see what can smaller parties offer to entice WP. Surely those parties leadership won't be so silly to hit their head against a brick wall knowing what WP likely response to their overtures will be. Unless their intentions is to portray WP as arrogant and uncooperative so as to put pressure on WP to compromise on certain things.

Yes, As I had mentioned in a previous Note, the only area of collaboration would be between the two parties that have had overlapping claims to a straight fight with the PAP based on the last GE. These are WP & NSP. As of now I do not see NSP being able to take down Tampines GRC, but a confluence of factors favourable to WP make it taking down Tampines GRC a reasonable proposition.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, As I had mentioned in a previous Note, the only area of collaboration would be between the two parties that have had overlapping claims to a straight fight with the PAP based on the last GE. These are WP & NSP. As of now I do not see NSP being able to take down Tampines GRC, but a confluence of factors favourable to WP make it taking down Tampines GRC a reasonable proposition.

Seems like the only sort of collaboration our oppositions can achieve doesn't go beyond avoiding 3cf. That being said, it remains very doubtful of NSP ability to contest in as many seats as they did previously. Even if NSP has the candidates, will they want to repeat the same mistake of overstretching themselves? On the other hand I do think WP has the ability to simply bulldoze their way over NSP if needed just that if there are ways to settle issues amicably over fighting each other in 3CF, then the former is the better option.