• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporeans, General Election Is Nearer Than You Think?

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: The Real Singapore

PREPARE YOURSELVES SINGAPOREANS, GENERAL ELECTION IS NEARER THAN YOU THINK?
Post date: 12 Dec 2014 - 9:12am

Screen%20Shot%202014-12-12%20at%2011.11.43%20am.png

OK, I’m no political pundit. Nor an academic in political science who should be better able to read the political tea leaves than your average auntie. I also don’t move in the circles of great thinkers and insiders in Singapore’s elite political sphere..

But to parody the Wet Wet Wet song, I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes. GE’s all around me, and so the feeling grows; it’s written in the wind; it’s everywhere I go..

.. that the next General Election for Singapore, IMHO, is a lot nearer than all the august big brains — Eugene Tan, Bertha Henson, Kit Wei Ching, Song Seng Wun to name a few — in our midst have been predicting.

“The bet is that it will be late next year or early 2016 to take advantage of the SG50 hype,” said Bertha, while Song thought the PAP would prefer to concentrate on the SG50 festivities for most of 2015.

Then they say there are the contentious and likely amendments to the Broadcasting Act and Town Council Act to get out of the way be4 the next poll.

Ditto the thoughts of some acquaintances of mine who appear to run with the in-politics crowd.

These give all sorts of reasons why GE won’t be before SG is done with its SG50 celebrations, as more goodies have to be distributed first be4 the ballot papers are handed out :roll:

Still, the consensus of the knowledgeable is that the polls will be called a good year before the government’s use by date of January 2017. Their forecasts grow granular around the months of September to December 2015, or at latest January 2016.

I beg to differ, not least because of what Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said at the PAP’s 6oth birthday last Sunday.

He said the next general election will be a “deadly serious” fight between the PAP and the opposition and that “every seat, every GRC, every SMC will be contested. Every seat, every contest will be a national contest, not a local one. Every seat is a general election, not a by-election.”

Wasn’t PM stating the obvious? When had the PAP ever gone into a GE without making it a “deadly serious” fight with the Opposition? When had it not contested “every seat, every GRC, every SMC”? When had it ever treated a national election as anything but a national contest and a general election, not a by-election.”

If it isn’t a GE rally speech, I don’t know what is.

To me it was clear as a bell that the Sec-Gen of the PAP was signalling to the party faithful that GE isn’t months but possibly only weeks away and so better be battle-ready.

As for the feel good effect of SG50 softening even the most hardened of the Singaporean hearts that are against the PAP, I feel PM had better take a cue from what happened to Churchill after he won the war. The epitome of British leadership lost the election immediately afterwards.

Instead if PM chooses to go to the people before SG50 celebs take off, what better way could there be for the PAP to celebrate 50 years of nationhood than for the PAP to collect yet another resounding victory at the polls.

I hope I am right as I can’t see PM and most of his cabinet ministers continuing to rush around for another year as they have been doing this year at myriad functions that seek to thank this, that and the other besides the Pioneer Generation!

If nothing else, some of them will collapse from exhaustion while others because of their packed please-the-people schedules will have no choice but to let their portfolio run on auto pilot.

Not a good state or slate to go into election battle surely?

So shall I bet my Pioneer Generation Card against your SICC card that the January 19 2015 sitting for this Parliament will be its last :lol:

​Singapore Girl

*The author blogs at http://singaporegirl.wordpress.com

End Of Article​

10858458_10203317806528884_7653839716792846986_n.jpg

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any Opposition Party including PAP that promise to return CPF at 55
in FULL will have the peoples full support. If Opposition Parties do it,
than PAP have no alternative but to follow. Lets see which Opposition
Party is really sincere on this issue?

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think election date should be dependent on the economy. Preferably to do it before the next crisis. A probable cause is the increase in interest rate and decrease in property price.

Oil price has already dropped by some 40%. Even if there is overshoot, the equilibrium level will still be at least 30% lower from 110 per barrel. Next should be usd appreciation. To date, USD against S$ has appreciated by less than 5%. If the trend is sustained, interest rate will rise. It took only 2 weeks for oil price to drop some 30%. How many weeks will it take for S$ to depreciate and interest rate to rise. It is gonna be fast and furious once it is triggered. It is just a fast scary game. The worse part is we are not in control.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last GE LHL cried & apologised to Sporeans. When he was re-elected it was business as usual:rolleyes:
So If the PAP claims a change of heart & promises to return people's CPF if they are re-elected, would you really trust them:confused:

Remember the saying 'Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me'. How many times are you going to allow the the PAP to play you out:confused:

uglyloser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chiam See Tong practices nepotism by letting his wife take over at Potong Pasir while WP had several adulterers. The PAP is clean, fair and incorruptible. Vote for PAP and Lee Hsien Loong! Boot out all these opposies!

iamhere

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chiam See Tong practices nepotism by letting his wife take over at Potong Pasir while WP had several adulterers. The PAP is clean, fair and incorruptible. Vote for PAP and Lee Hsien Loong! Boot out all these opposies!

FUCK PAP, FUCK PAP, FUCK PAP.........
MAY PAPEES, CRONIES N FAMILIES BURN ETERNALLY IN HELLS.........
MAJULLAH SINGAPURA.........
GOD BLESS SINGAPORE..............
REMEMBER to

VOTE papees OUT

do yrself, yr forefathers and yr generations to come, a favor, a service and a long-awaited justice

:wink::wink::wink::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink::wink::wink:

iamhere says a lot about this:"The democracy shall cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those LEECHES who would not.”

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My hunch is that it is 2015. GE2016 is just a red herring. They'll make use of SG50 euphoria to gain an edge.

If you have friends who are teachers, some of them may have been selected to help out with the election. :wink:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next GE may not be when ‘everybody is expecting it’: PM Lee

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/next-ge-may-not-be-when/1526188.html

TITLE: Next GE may not be when ‘everybody is expecting it’: PM Lee

By Sara Grosse
POSTED: 12 Dec 2014 14:20
URL: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/next-ge-may-not-be-when/1526188.html

There are several factors to be considered in deciding when to call for the next General Elections, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong says.
BUSAN: Singapore’s next General Election will not necessarily be when “everybody is expecting it”, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said on Friday (Dec 12).

Speaking to the media at the ASEAN-Republic of Korea (ROK) Commemorative Summit in Busan, South Korea, Mr Lee outlined several factors to be considered in deciding when to call for the next elections.

“It depends on what the state of our preparations are, it depends on what is happening in the world, if a major crisis is coming up,” he said. "It also depends on other agenda which we are busy with. There will always be some agenda going on, for example, next year there is SG50. So we will have to take all this into account.”

The next General Election must be held by January 2017.

Mr Lee also addressed speculation on who the next National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) chief will be, saying this will be made known “within a few months’ time”.

He said the young ministers have been involved in NTUC and are getting an understanding of what the union movement is about. He also noted that the Government has some ideas for developing and strengthening NTUC.

On the ASEAN-ROK Summit, Mr Lee expressed concerns that the review of the South Korea-Singapore Free Trade Agreement (FTA) has not made a lot of progress.

However, Mr Lee said he has spoken to South Korean President Park Geun-Hye on how Singapore and South Korea should work on improving the FTA. He said he hopes that more substantive content can be seen as the two countries celebrate their 40th anniversary of diplomatic relations next year.

- CNA/cy

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any Opposition Party including PAP that promise to return CPF at 55
in FULL will have the peoples full support. If Opposition Parties do it,
than PAP have no alternative but to follow. Lets see which Opposition
Party is really sincere on this issue?

It is clear as daylight now.

As long as PAP is the government, you will never get to see your CPF.
PAP can increase the minimum sum and extend the CPF withdrawal age at their whim and fancy.

So vote wisely comes next GE!!

10392290_782374121795577_5707022507004548692_n.jpg

YXJvl4g.jpg

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GE will be held after National Day Rally Speech next year, probably Sep 2015. Opposition parties should start staking out their territories, formulating their manifestos, and go on a PR and charm offensive. Some horse-trading can start now. Plus lots of back-breaking ground work.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Next GE may not be when ‘everybody is expecting it’: PM Lee

That's good news! LHL hopes to spring a surprise. But will he be surprised when the results are out?

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Really meh?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Re: Next GE may not be when ‘everybody is expecting it’: PM Lee

That's good news! LHL hopes to spring a surprise. But will he be surprised when the results are out?

I'd like to see some freak election results :p:p:p

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My hunch is that it is 2015. GE2016 is just a red herring. They'll make use of SG50 euphoria to gain an edge.

If you have friends who are teachers, some of them may have been selected to help out with the election. :wink:

It's a paid duty, extra income for civil servants.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP will hold election when they are free and have brainwashed people enough

That's the meaning, isn't it?

BUSAN: Singapore’s next General Election will not necessarily be when “everybody is expecting it”, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said on Friday (Dec 12).

Speaking to the media at the ASEAN-Republic of Korea (ROK) Commemorative Summit in Busan, South Korea, Mr Lee outlined several factors to be considered in deciding when to call for the next elections.

“It depends on what the state of our preparations are, it depends on what is happening in the world, if a major crisis is coming up,” he said. "It also depends on other agenda which we are busy with. There will always be some agenda going on, for example, next year there is SG50. So we will have to take all this into account.”

The next General Election must be held by January 2017.

Mr Lee also addressed speculation on who the next National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) chief will be, saying this will be made known “within a few months’ time”.

He said the young ministers have been involved in NTUC and are getting an understanding of what the union movement is about. He also noted that the Government has some ideas for developing and strengthening NTUC.

On the ASEAN-ROK Summit, Mr Lee expressed concerns that the review of the South Korea-Singapore Free Trade Agreement (FTA) has not made a lot of progress.

However, Mr Lee said he has spoken to South Korean President Park Geun-Hye on how Singapore and South Korea should work on improving the FTA. He said he hopes that more substantive content can be seen as the two countries celebrate their 40th anniversary of diplomatic relations next year.

- CNA/cy

JuliaScissors

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: PAP will hold election when they are free and have brainwashed people enough

Wtf is so important abt sg50...utter waste of tax payers' money