• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Daddy’s Girl

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
The prospect that our human memory is not infallible worries me. After twelve years of his absence in our lives, which is now more than the number of years we had spent together, I am afraid that all the memories I have of him will unknowingly seep out of my mind. I am afraid that as my mind makes way for new memories formed without him, the old memories I have with him will become a blur and one day disappear entirely. It makes me feel helpless to think that I may not be in control of my own mind, that I am not able to keep all my memories safe.

This feeling of helplessness. Was that how my father had felt when life was trickling out of him?

I always hear from my mother how much my father loved to play with me when I was first born. “You were like his favourite toy,” she would say.

And it was the same for me as well—my father was my first playmate and my favourite person to be with. Yet, I don’t remember the games we once played together; instead, what made up most of the happy times in my memories was when we were working on my studies side-by-side.

The fondest memories I have of my father was how he would always sit beside me while I did my homework and wait for me to complete it. How he would patiently guide me through if I had any problems or doubts. How he would set the timer for my abacus practices. How he would help me mark extra practices in assessment books. I was a very motivated and enthusiastic learner as a child, and I believe my father was a major contributing factor. He was always there with me in my journey of learning.

While I have painted a pretty picture of myself being an obedient girl when I was young, I have to confess I was also as stubborn as a mule. I was pampered; I wanted everything to go my way, and was not used to admitting to my own mistakes. I always took advantage of my father’s good temper. From an outsider’s point of view, my father was the person I was rudest to, because I was always arguing with him, often unreasonably, and just so I could “win” the argument.

More at Daddy’s Girl

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there are many with stories worst than her, she is lucky that she dun have to work to support herself. i have seen many for myself, pple fighting their own battle.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Noticed that she even mentioned
Topping her class in Primary One!
Hello what do they teach at that stage
Other than alphabets and nursery rhymes

Typical Sinkie mentality but anyway
However loss of parent is serious stuff
In sympathy I dedicate to her this song
Will some kind soul make sure she gets it

And yes I will always remember
Perfection is not attainable for we are humans
But that is no damn excuse for
Not striving for excellence in everything you do

[video=youtube;uGDA0Hecw1k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGDA0Hecw1k[/video]

Last edited:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is more suited...

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JxPj3GAYYZ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Noticed that she even mentioned
Topping her class in Primary One!
Hello what do they teach at that stage
Other than alphabets and nursery rhymes

Typical Sinkie mentality but anyway
However loss of parent is serious stuff
In sympathy I dedicate to her this song
Will some kind soul make sure she gets it

[video=youtube;uGDA0Hecw1k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGDA0Hecw1k[/video]

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
there are many with stories worst than her, she is lucky that she dun have to work to support herself. i have seen many for myself, pple fighting their own battle.

And there are many people luckier than her who have both parents around.