• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

UN Convention Against Torture

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the light of the massive controversy that the CIA's report on the use of torture has generated all over the world, the spotlight is on Sinkapore.

Could someone tell me why Sinkieland is not a signatory of the UN Convention Against Torture?

chongpangchixwings

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the light of the massive controversy that the CIA's report on the use of torture has generated all over the world, the spotlight is on Sinkapore.

Could someone tell me why Sinkieland is not a signatory of the UN Convention Against Torture?

Its because if they sign then they would be obliged to lower our torturous tax burden.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Article 1 of the Convention defines torture as:

Any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him or a third person, information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or other person acting in an official capacity.

If Lightning signs then Francis Seow and many others will be able to sue them and more importantly one less tool to aid in perpetuating the irrational climate of fear in daft Sinkies' mentality. Anyway, daft and ball-less Sinkies get the Gahbrament they deserve. Really no need to pity them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Convention_against_Torture

[video=youtube;ltTOoGp60u8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltTOoGp60u8[/video]

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if one doesn't torture them, how the hell are they going to confess to whatever and reveal the information.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if one doesn't torture them, how the hell are they going to confess to whatever and reveal the information.

How come you so StewPIG arh
Torture will increase probability of false confessions
Which have absolutely no value
In solving of crimes but might save face of poodles
Latter is more important to Lightning
Now think of pain I can inflict on you and loved ones
Then tell me how many lights you see
Come to think of it are you one with the Lightning

[video=youtube;egyrU7exmt4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egyrU7exmt4[/video]