• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property market trends for 2015

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/property-market-trends-2015-101035461.html

In conclusion, as long as the cooling measures remain, I really do not expect any significant change to the property market in the coming months, or even for the whole of 2015.
That said, I concede that I may have oversimplified some considerations in this article and this assessment is based on current market conditions. The situation could change overnight if the government starts to lift some of the measures. Nonetheless, this article is meant to put some context to the lacklustre market performance that we have been seeing for the past few months. Similar to what I mentioned last year, I have definitely misread the property market before and this is one instance where I am hoping my assessment is wrong. But looking at the current situation, it is hard to see any silver lining so property owners should expect a bumpy road ahead.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What goes up must come down
Bear market can also make money
On long side not surprising at all
What goes down must come up
But have to be quick and nimble
Position size has to be adjusted
Pivots and other tools of trade
Keeps you in synch with market

[video=youtube;kK62tfoCmuQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK62tfoCmuQ[/video]

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/property-market-trends-2015-101035461.html

In conclusion, as long as the cooling measures remain, I really do not expect any significant change to the property market in the coming months, or even for the whole of 2015.
That said, I concede that I may have oversimplified some considerations in this article and this assessment is based on current market conditions. The situation could change overnight if the government starts to lift some of the measures. Nonetheless, this article is meant to put some context to the lacklustre market performance that we have been seeing for the past few months. Similar to what I mentioned last year, I have definitely misread the property market before and this is one instance where I am hoping my assessment is wrong. But looking at the current situation, it is hard to see any silver lining so property owners should expect a bumpy road ahead.

TDSR and ABSD alone will kill the market regardless environment. Singaporeans are always living on the edge and up to their necks in debt.

meeraze

Alfrescian
Loyal
When they want property price to go up then they will remove the TDSR and ABSD. Just make some announcement then remove.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
2015 property price sure to come down bit by bit until the end of the year.

Yes it is going to trickle down bit by bit...I don't foresee big correction of 10-20%..perhaps another 5% drop for 2015.

Reason being..

1. US looking to lift oil export embargo and oil going to go sub-USD50 next year.

2. We going to get cheaper crude oil prices and cheaper travel.( Today, UOB offer $268 return fare to HK via CX )

3. World economy going to pick up with lower oil price and world economy will be better than this year.

4. However, the property stalemate and doldrums here will continue throughout next year.

If there is any change in the cooling measure, hope it is one that will benefit Singaporeans and for the citizen to buy a second property for investment without incurring the additional tax.

Hope they don't open the floodgate for foreigner to pump their illicit money here.
Hope they don't ease more measures to please their crony developers to boost their bottom-line.

Any price drop will be a good time to buy because against the backdrop of 6.9 million population and the madness 10 million population projection by Liu Thai Ker, our property price will be just as crazy as Hong Kong's in time to come.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you are very optimistic, very positive, i like...:biggrin:

Yes it is going to trickle down bit by bit...I don't foresee big correction of 10-20%..perhaps another 5% drop for 2015.

Reason being..

1. US looking to lift oil export embargo and oil going to go sub-USD50 next year.

2. We going to get cheaper crude oil prices and cheaper travel.( Today, UOB offer $268 return fare to HK via CX )

3. World economy going to pick up with lower oil price and world economy will be better than this year.

4. However, the property stalemate and doldrums here will continue throughout next year.

If there is any change in the cooling measure, hope it is one that will benefit Singaporeans and for the citizen to buy a second property for investment without incurring the additional tax.

Hope they don't open the floodgate for foreigner to pump their illicit money here.
Hope they don't ease more measures to please their crony developers to boost their bottom-line.

Any price drop will be a good time to buy because against the backdrop of 6.9 million population and the madness 10 million population projection by Liu Thai Ker, our property price will be just as crazy as Hong Kong's in time to come.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/singapore-banks-brace-liquidity-woes-072800461.html

Singapore banks brace for liquidity woes as interest rates rise

Deposit outflows will continue next year.
The prospect of rising interest rates does not paint a pretty picture for liquidity in Singapore, especially coupled with the fact that local SGD deposit growth has been very weak for quite some time.
According to UBS, tight SGD liquidity will simply mean tighter SGD deposit competition for local banks. Though net interest margins are expanding, a rise in cost of funds due to high LDRs and late credit cycle dynamics can eat into the benefit from asset yield expansion.
“In our view, asset growth will continue to matter more for interest income for the Singapore banks next year. On the positive side, this could also mean better pricing for the loans pegged to the SOR if this is sustained. Most floating rate loans for the three banks however appear to be SIBOR based (which has not moved much),” noted UBS.
Here’s more from UBS:
Money supply growth (M1/M2) has remained close to zero in Singapore for a while. Local S$ deposit growth has been very weak. Coupled with a high loan-to-deposit (109%) this doesn’t paint a positive picture for liquidity in Singapore, something we have been worried about all this year.
While some of this move could of course be seasonal, the trend is probably more structural. Potential shifts in FX expectations (US$/SG$) and more attractive yields elsewhere (e.g. US) has led to S$ deposit outflows this year.
This outflow could likely continue into next year. New S$ liquidity coverage ratio (LCR) requirements for the banks starting Jan 2015 could be another reason. These pressures are likely to persist.

Last edited: