• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Better avoid JB for the festive season

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was visiting JB & I noticed the large crowds at the Kranji MRT station, & on the way back at the bus stop at the CIQ complex in JB. Although it was a week day the queues were much, much longer:eek: Saw many kids so it is not just the normal Malaysian worker crowds but also Spore shoppers.

Can't really blame people for heading to JB, but if you dislike crowds you might want to wait until after Xmas to visit the place.

The new Komptar Mall which is next to the City Mall has opened. Saw some well known shops like Marks & Spencer, Tony Roma, another KFC ... etc Many new shops have yet to open. The food court is open but currently still has plenty of vacancies. There is also a new Supermarket there operated by Kapitan Mart. The same air bridge that connects the CIQ Complex to the City Mall also connects to the Komptar Mall

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not familiar with the shopping scene there. Only really go there to eat & window shop.

Have noticed a lot of construction activity there. There is something under construction opposite which used to be a parking lot. They must realize that there are many Sporeans that don't drive or making it easier for them to find these stores.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Matland is an exciting place to be..

Last time kena locked inside a Pirate DVD store during a raid!!

Priceless! I will always remember that for the rest of my life!! :biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
JB has been infected by the Sinkie inflation, overcrowding and materialism.

Go to Malacca instead. UNESCO World Heritage Site.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I was visiting JB & I noticed the large crowds at the Kranji MRT station, & on the way back at the bus stop at the CIQ complex in JB. Although it was a week day the queues were much, much longer:eek: Saw many kids so it is not just the normal Malaysian worker crowds but also Spore shoppers.

Can't really blame people for heading to JB, but if you dislike crowds you might want to wait until after Xmas to visit the place.

The new Komptar Mall which is next to the City Mall has opened. Saw some well known shops like Marks & Spencer, Tony Roma, another KFC ... etc Many new shops have yet to open. The food court is open but currently still has plenty of vacancies. There is also a new Supermarket there operated by Kapitan Mart. The same air bridge that connects the CIQ Complex to the City Mall also connects to the Komptar Mall

is crowds being a huge problem for the rest of the sinkie population if they visit JB?

sorry i dun understand what you are pointing at.

Pillow

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB has been infected by the Sinkie inflation, overcrowding and materialism.

Go to Malacca instead. UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Bro laksa

Yes, I will be going malacca next week instead of bangkok, too expensive now.

Beside hatten hotel, any good hotel to stay for 2 nights?

Any good food to recommend? Not going to jonker street, too crowded liao the last time I went....

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro laksa

Yes, I will be going malacca next week instead of bangkok, too expensive now.

Beside hatten hotel, any good hotel to stay for 2 nights?

Any good food to recommend? Not going to jonker street, too crowded liao the last time I went....

Hatten Hotel is expensive. Go for those boutique hotels nearby. Some of them are newly built.

Try to avoid those old and very cheap-looking hotels and guesthouses, there's a risk of bedbugs and unpleasant leftovers from the previous guest.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is crowds being a huge problem for the rest of the sinkie population if they visit JB?

sorry i dun understand what you are pointing at.

It's still a great place to go but not for me who don't like crowds. If I had known how busy it was, I would have postponed my visit until after the Xmas holidays & school holidays.
It's probably the same problem with people flying off for their Xmas holidays. A bad time to be traveling.

The queues for buses were 2 to 3 times longer than the norm. This was on a weekday & I can only imagine how much worst it would be on weekends:eek:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was running some errands & saw the long queues at the money changers. The rate was SNG$1 to RM$2.62. It is a good time to get ringgit but if you go to Malaysia now expect large crowds.

Gotze

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Its best to avoid JB totally. That place is a crime hub. Whenever I used to drive to JB, I felt unsafe and on edge all the time. I was even uneasy going to the loo at the gas station.

The only news that comes from JB is a steady stream of reports of theft, robbery and violent crime. Its best to avoid going there altogether.