• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP vs WP's AHPETC Thread

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Yet more disappointment in the WP's performance

PAP has lost all Credibility with majority of Voters, the CPF issue, corruption cases involving top
ranking civil servants, High cost of living, influx of Foreign Trash, all tis enough to boot the Pappies
out of Gahman, end to Cronyism and Nepotism.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

PAP has lost all Credibility with majority of Voters, the CPF issue, corruption cases involving top
ranking civil servants, High cost of living, influx of Foreign Trash, all tis enough to boot the Pappies
out of Gahman, end to Cronyism and Nepotism.

Yes, Yes, Yes

Gotze

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Another gay ghost writer. Knn these trash are all out in full force.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I just saw a program ad of Lim Swee Say doing an interview on Channel 8. Obviously, the pappies are going on the 'charm offensive'.

Truly, a deadly serious fight. PAP60, SG50, WD40. :wink:

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I just saw a program ad of Lim Swee Say doing an interview on Channel 8. Obviously, the pappies are going on the 'charm offensive'.

Truly, a deadly serious fight. PAP60, SG50, WD40. :wink:

hahaha, you mean this WD40?! :biggrin::biggrin:

WD40-hero.jpg

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Aljunied Ward going downhill rapidly. Are you sure you want to vote the PAP out??

Leongsam is a real fucking bsstard.

Obviously knows the pap is playing all kinds of underhand tricks to fix the opposition, yet still wants to sing their tune.

You have to read between the lines with sam's post.
he gets more of a reaction with these sort of post.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Aljunied Ward going downhill rapidly. Are you sure you want to vote the PAP out??

If there is no piles of unswept leaves, I worry for Singapore!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Most of the streets are littered with fallen leaves and rubbish.

This CB Kia Ah Lau must understand that falling trees leaves go with the wind and it is not unusual to have fallen leaves all over the pavements and roads throughout S'pore after a thunderstorm.. Jesus fanboys like Sochi will call it an act of God...

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ByTheWay, I go to aljunied, kovan and hougang area very often and I have never encountered a problem with cleanliness. I seriously wonder how this ghost writer encountered piles of unswept leaves when I, going there every week, have never seen that

I say he is a ghost writer because roads are not maintained by a town council.

Simply put. The TC maintains areas owned by HDB. Roads are under LTA and LTA maintains them. TC also does not maintain parks under Nparks.

If only he had said "carparks".

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

First of all, if AJ or PE and H wards are in such a delipated state... you would have seen or heard people complaining liao... not like this... only whiteys make noise... if things so bad, you think Singaporeans won't complain?! You must be joking man!!!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If these oppo wards are such a disaster as made up by the writer. Rest assured the pap press will b all over it w photos etc n b front page news. But so far. ..I dont see any proof of such.
ByTheWay, I go to aljunied, kovan and hougang area very often and I have never encountered a problem with cleanliness. I seriously wonder how this ghost writer encountered piles of unswept leaves when I, going there every week, have never seen that

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You have to read between the lines with sam's post.
he gets more of a reaction with these sort of post.

nothing new as stirring shit drives up traffic - we've known this all along :wink:

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AHPETC’s Problems Traced Back To AIM Deal

Source: TR EMERITUS

AHPETC’s problems traced back to AIM deal
December 12th, 2014 | Author: Editorial

Desmond-Lee.jpg

Minister of State for National
Development and MP for
Jurong GRC, Desmond Lee

Yesterday (11 Dec), Minister of State for National Development Desmond Lee and son of former cabinet minister Lee Yock Suan, dismissed Ms Sylvia Lim’s reply altogether, saying that it’s a ‘series of excuses’.

Earlier on Wednesday (10 Dec), Ms Lim, as Chairman of AHPETC, published the official reply (‘AHPETC remains steadfast to serve residents of the town‘) on AHPETC website in response to a Lawrence Wong’s article demanding that AHPETC gives an answer to its finances.

Indeed, Ms Lim was giving her best in defending the reputation and integrity of AHPETC as well as her party WP, in response to the onslaughts of the 2 PAP ministers, Lawrence Wong and Desmond Lee.

In his official statement, Mr Lee first dismissed Ms Lim’s explanation that AHPETC’s inability to report its S&CC arrears since May last year was due to MND’s reporting format.

“The MND reporting format is not new. It has been in use for many years. All TCs have had no problem complying with it, including Mr Low Thia Khiang’s Hougang TC. AHPETC itself was able to submit its arrears reports for nearly two years, until shocking arrears rate of 30% among HDB residents and 50% among commercial tenants cropped up. It then stopped its reporting abruptly,” he said.

In her earlier official reply to Mr Wong, Ms Lim already explained that while the IT system being used at AHPETC could churn out arrears reports, manual counting and sorting was required to get the information into the format required by the MND.

“I had also informed MND that AHPETC had requested its software developers to enhance the system to churn out the reports in the required format, but this was work in progress,” she said.

Furthermore, AHPETC’s Finance Team and its software developers had to be involved in 2 consecutive audits, first by the TC’s own auditors (commencing mid 2013) and then by the AGO (commencing March 2014), and this had led to a deferment of reporting requests, including MND’s request for arrears data in its prescribed format.

“I had concurrently offered to submit to MND the arrears data the TC had as it was, but this was rejected by MND,” she said.

Root cause of AHPETC problems traced to AIM Saga

It would be fair to say that if PAP didn’t get its company AIM to “buy off” the town council management software and allowed the software continue to be used by WP after it took over Aljunied GRC, none of these delay problems would surface. After all, the software was developed with the money from town council, which in turn came from the residents.

As disclosed by Ms Lim, AHPETC now has to engage its own software developers to build and enhance the system, tailoring to the requirements of MND.

In 2010, a tender was called with AIM, $2 PAP company, the only bidder to buy over the multi-million software at $140,000. AIM then became the legal owner of the software and leased it back to the 14 PAP TCs to use. The leasing agreement contained a clause that gave AIM the right to terminate the use of the software.

Blogger Lucky Tan said of the deal [Link]:

“The AIM deal gives enormous power to the PAP to stop the opposition from running the town councils effectively when they are chosen by the constituents to be representatives in parliament. Therein lies the conflict of interest. The rights of the people are not protected and they are put at risk.”​

At the time, Ms Lim also complained:

“Dr Teo has now confirmed that this third party, AIM, is ‘fully-owned’ by the PAP. In other words, the PAP-managed Town Councils saw it fit to sell away their ownership of the systems, developed with public funds, to a political party, which presumably could act in its own interests when exercising its rights to terminate the contracts.”​

AIM terminated the leasing contract with Aljunied Town Council in 2011 after WP won Aljunied GRC at the 2011 GE [Link].

So, perhaps Mr Lee should go back and ask his bosses why allowed AIM to buy over and own the town council management software in the first place.

What do you think?

End Of Article​

Reader's comment

sue blogger on AIM,so can hide:
December 12, 2014 at 8:13 pm (Quote)
The TC software which cost many millions was paid for by the constituents. Why was it handed over to AIM owned by the PAP for $140,000?
Why did the CBIP not investigate this very suspicious operation?
<span style="background-color: #FFFF00">Why did they sue a blogger when he described this AIM operation and hit the nail on its head and now his blog article on AIM is removed so that no one else will ever get to read it again?</span>
Depending on who you are, you can get away for committing a crime in SG. Now you understand why they impose such oppressive rule where you can’t even protest or criticize them without being threatened by some police thugs with the collaboration of a pack of kan**roos?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is because every Saturday civic minded residents like Mr Lau would come out of their homes with brooms to clear the rubbish left throughout the week. Can see how PAP voters are better than opposition ones?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Worrying lack of transparency

PUBLISHED ON DEC 13, 2014 12:52 AM

0200PRINTEMAIL

THE public streets in the vicinity of the Hougang-Kovan Melody area, where I have lived for the past 30 years,
used to be swept daily under the former Ajunied Town Council - until the changing of hands after the last general election more than three years ago.

These days, I hardly see any estate cleaners sweeping or doing maintenance work on public streets. Most of the streets are littered with fallen leaves and rubbish. Often, outdated event banners can be found strung on the road railings.

Many of us living in the Workers' Party-held wards have been keeping quiet in the hope of seeing improvements, but it has been disappointing so far.

Now, it comes as a great shock to us to be told by WP chairman Sylvia Lim that the town council has been facing problems with its IT system and accounting, and that it has switched to manual sorting methods ("Workers' Party responds to charges of 'silence' over town council"; Thursday).

Ms Lim acknowledges there were mistakes and now urges Minister Lawrence Wong "not to confuse or alarm the public".

It is now obvious that the town council has chosen
not to be transparent.

It inherited a comfortable surplus when it took over from the previous management. If there was proper corporate governance, then there should be no issues with its accounting and audits.

What has happened to the surplus, and what was the cause of the "sudden spike" in its service and conservancy charge arrears?

My biggest concern would be the day when the town council stops cleaning all public areas in its charge and further cuts corners in its maintenance schedule.

Lau Hak Tiong

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/premium...ck-transparency-20141213#sthash.IXJQZZ9J.dpuf

Without a doubt these are signs of corruptions. But no proof! If you vote the opposition, PAP will spend more time checking and balancing WP, making it difficult to deal with housing and transportation matters.

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal

Leongsam is a real fucking bsstard.

Obviously knows the pap is playing all kinds of underhand tricks to fix the opposition, yet still wants to sing their tune.

He's right!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is because every Saturday civic minded residents like Mr Lau would come out of their homes with brooms to clear the rubbish left throughout the week. Can see how PAP voters are better than opposition ones?

That sounds disgusting. Why wait till the stench fill the air or for mp to show up. If lau kok Kok is civil minded he should qut his day job n make cleaning his lifetime ambition. The society should send Lau kok kok to boot camp so he can b properly educated. If he don't public stoning till death is recommened.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: AHPETC’s Problems Traced Back To AIM Deal

sue blogger on AIM,so can hide:
December 12, 2014 at 8:13 pm (Quote)
The TC software which cost many millions was paid for by the constituents. Why was it handed over to AIM owned by the PAP for $140,000?
Why did the CBIP not investigate this very suspicious operation?
<span style="background-color: #FFFF00">Why did they sue a blogger when he described this AIM operation and hit the nail on its head and now his blog article on AIM is removed so that no one else will ever get to read it again?</span>
Depending on who you are, you can get away for committing a crime in SG. Now you understand why they impose such oppressive rule where you can’t even protest or criticize them without being threatened by some police thugs with the collaboration of a pack of kan**roos?

Excerpt from SINGAPOLITICS
UPDATE: Mr Alex Au said he will take down the post and issue an apology. In an e-mail response to media queries, he said that he accepts that the post and the comments highlighted are defamatory.

He added, however, that news of the legal action "should not distract from the issue of the sale of town council software to Action Information Management".

"From what has been disclosed so far, reasonable people would have many questions, and while news of me getting a lawyer's letter might be temporarily more
'newsy', it is more important for Singapore that these questions be answered, not avoided," he wrote.

While the original post was taken down, Alex continue posting on the AIM saga with 5 parts to it.
PAP mis-AIMed, faces blowback (Post Removed)
PAP mis-AIMed, faces blowback, part 2
PAP mis-AIMed, faces blowback, part 3
PAP mis-AIMed, faces blowback, part 4
PAP mis-AIMed, face blowback, part 5
PAP mis-AIMed, faces blowback, part 6