• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

i have quitted forex trading

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hedging just means taking opposite position to lock in part of or all of the profits. No rocket science there.

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hedging is not simply taking opp position. It consists of forwards and futures and interest rate swaps depending whats products you are trading. This is to lock in a long dated rate so any fluctuations you can be safe.

Taking opp position is simply an amateur way of looking at market movement because if market is volatile net position still lose.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hedging just means taking opposite position to lock in part of or all of the profits. No rocket science there.

Can you shut the fuck up, you shrivelled cunt. Know who you posting to . Don't use your kei-kiang expertise to gauge other's real expertise!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hedging is not simply taking opp position. It consists of forwards and futures and interest rate swaps depending whats products you are trading. This is to lock in a long dated rate so any fluctuations you can be safe.

Taking opp position is simply an amateur way of looking at market movement because if market is volatile net position still lose.

You don't have to hedge on fx trading alone. You can hedge on the currency futures and on the fx pair. Say you short a US pair as the base currency let's assume the USDCAD for example and you long the USD futures. That's already considered a hedge.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Trading psychology is actually the most important of all. You must know how to take the losses and it's a guarantee that you will have losses once you start on the trading journey. Do you know that a person can still turn in a profit even when the majority of his trades are losses. Something to ponder on about.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as a retail forex trader for the past 2 years, i finally conclude and convince myself that this forex trading is a sham. my sincere and golden advice to others out there is to stop.:smile: and please do not believe those trainers out there who claimed they can guide you on pretext of you paying them a amount for teaching you.

there is a way that you can try, bet with the institutions, i got one rich friend who is backing his money with big banks, can try and let me know. if you trade on your own, i think you will die faster.:rolleyes:

Never believe all those so called 'experts' who are trying to teach you how to make it rich via trading. If they are successful, they wouldn't be teaching.

Belgarath

Alfrescian
Loyal
as a retail forex trader for the past 2 years, i finally conclude and convince myself that this forex trading is a sham. my sincere and golden advice to others out there is to stop.:smile: and please do not believe those trainers out there who claimed they can guide you on pretext of you paying them a amount for teaching you.

there is a way that you can try, bet with the institutions, i got one rich friend who is backing his money with big banks, can try and let me know. if you trade on your own, i think you will die faster.:rolleyes:

You are an idiot. In forex, if you are a retail investor, you don't try to trade each squiggle on the chart. You focus on the big picture and trade the obvious.

You know that the Japs are embarking on an unprecedented policy of currency depreciation and monetary easing. So you short the Yen. You had one whole year last year to prepare yourself to short the Yen. Did you?

Commodities entered a bear market LAST YEAR. That was ONE FULL YEAR for you to initiate short trades on the Aussie and the Loonie. Did you? If not, why?

These are things everyone knows. The question is why didn't you make those trades?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Interesting. I did not know all these instruments are available to mom and pop retail investors. Suppose i have a substantial open short position on the japanese yen against usd pair. I am currently on a roll but i am worried about OPEC cutting production. What tools do i currently have to mitigate adverse movements against me? Be specific. Assume the actual levels don't matter.

edragon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kiwi jumped against Sing; Wheeler said earlier "Some further increase in the OCR is expected to be required at a later stage."
Taking profit today.

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't know much about forex abd its related intricacies its way over my head so if you guys did good then all I can say is WELL DONE.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Investing will lose its meaning when you are just speculating for it's rise or fall instead of actually helping companies to grow their business.