• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cycling Your Way to Prison

joety

Alfrescian
Loyal
AsiaOne | Tuesday, Dec 9, 2014

SINGAPORE - Two men have been for their suspected involvement in promoting and organising illegal racing activities along Tanglin Halt Road on Nov 29.

The vehicles used in the race will also be forfeited, the police said in a statement today.

Investigations are ongoing to establish the identities of other participants of the event.

If convicted, the two suspects who have been arrested face a jail term of up to six months and a fine of between $1,000 and $2,000.

In the case of a second or subsequent conviction, the suspects, 28 and 39, face a jail term of up to 12 months and a fine of between $2,000 and $3,000.

The Straits Times reported on Dec 7 that 32 cyclists took part in an illegal street race named HolyCrit that was held along Tanglin Halt Road at around 11.15pm on Nov 29.

The participants raced at speeds above 45kmh on single-speed bikes without brakes, the report said.

A police spokesperson was quoted as saying that the two Traffic Police officers who arrived about half an hour into the event did not find signs of a race.

"The cyclists were still milling around and taking photos at the location, but dispersed after being told to do so by the police," The Straits Times said.

- See more at: http://transport.asiaone.com/news/g...egal-street-cycling-race#sthash.PSb9Gs4D.dpuf

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ccb poodles really jiakliaobees.....
Instead of going after wannabe boy racers in ah Beng cars they go after cyclists.
I dun like cyclists on the road but this is OTT

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Luckily I'm in Bkk if not some people sure say I involve

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal

The participants raced at speeds above 45kmh on single-speed bikes without brakes, the report said.

What kind of reporting is this? In Thailand, it is called "fixie". The back wheel gear is "fixed dead",
not "free" backward. Or in other words, track bike or velodrome bike.
It is different from Road bike. Nowadays. these are fake n cheap copies from Taiwan n China.

They do do appeal to me as I had my good times with real traditional Italian n English racer bikes.
It was unique n unpopular those early days that I can even race round the Toa Payoh Stadium track without endangering the low number of joggers there. And weekends to Changi, etc.

Sadly, someone stole that sentimental bike and I gave it up.

I still hope to return cycling; if only I can find old Frejus or Legnano or even Carlton.
Anyone have even if overseas? It was fun stripping the whole bike bare; add new grease,
spray new color, cleaning, etc,

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our pap is really restrictive friendly bicycle race no harm done they called it ilLeegal!

This pap land of the square go blog head Jia liow bee cheng Hu! !