• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Come in and see all these Stand-Chart Marathon Sinkies cheaters!

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Marathon was fun until Stanchart took over. No registration fee, no branded shirt, just a simple round neck T for those who completed. No need to track runners. It was just simple craziness of some simple folks wanting to maim their legs by destroying the knees.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can't blame anyone for taking short cuts. In Spore you have to work & play smart if you want to stay in the rat race:smile:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Marathon was fun until Stanchart took over. No registration fee, no branded shirt, just a simple round neck T for those who completed. No need to track runners. It was just simple craziness of some simple folks wanting to maim their legs by destroying the knees.

Indeed. I prefer short distance anaerobic running.

Training for a marathon is hard work though. You must stick to a strict schedule and clock a certain mileage every week.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some people consider running a full marathon as one of their must-do things in life... of equal importance to say, buying a car, getting married, visiting a certain country, climbing Everest. The 'bucket list' of things to do in life.

There are even others who are so siao on about marathons, they travel all over the world to run in various marathons e.g. Boston.

No problem with that. The Japanese writer Haruki Murakami does one marathon and one triathlon a year.

My question is: why cheat? Why run only 22 km and tell the world you did 42 km? Where's the self-fufilment in that? What's so great about the free T-shirt?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Women's only marathons are more fun. :wink:

4.jpg

Shape+Run+2013.jpg

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can't blame anyone for taking short cuts. In Spore you have to work & play smart if you want to stay in the rat race:smile:

Rubbish. Running a (fake) marathon is a rat race? It can fill your tummy? Pay the bills? Send your kids to school?

Dumb Sinkies will be dumb Sinkies.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The blogger is just dumb. These people simply paid for the finisher T's and medal that's all.... there is no intention to cheat because you can't.
The time check takes place every 5km and at 21.1km mark so if you time splits are not showing 5km, 10km, 15km, 20km, 21.1km, 25km, 30km, 35km, 40km and 42km then it is open for all to see that they did not finish.

The whole idea is to encourage healthy lifestyle and if the problem is serious enough, the organiser can always publish a list of non-finisher to shame them. Otherwise live and let live.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rubbish. Running a (fake) marathon is a rat race? It can fill your tummy? Pay the bills? Send your kids to school?

It's all about the bragging rights. I can imagine how badass I must feel wearing the 42km shirt while queueing up at the hawker centre. :biggrin:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The blogger is just dumb. These people simply paid for the finisher T's and medal that's all.... there is no intention to cheat because you can't.

The whole idea is to encourage healthy lifestyle and if the problem is serious enough, the organiser can always publish a list of non-finisher to shame them. Otherwise live and let live.

If the blogger is dumb, the cheats are dumber. You don't need to pay "for the finisher T's and medal" to enjoy a healthy lifestyle. I run my 12 km weekly and am more healthy than these jokers. (My splits are way better too.)

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Probably a peer pressure kind of thing lah.

When I was a young student I used to join my friends to do the Pesta Sukan walk. Even though all I got was a certificate after the walk, I repeated it for a few years :o

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder how that muslim woman did running all covered up?

With the hot weather in Spore you are asking for a heat stroke.

I have seen covered up Muslim women at a hotel swimming pool in Malaysia.

I think the sports apparel makers have special fabric tudungs similar to Dry-Fitt.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these cheatings tells a lot of one's character. This generation is
a shameful lot unlike their parents'.
It shows that they will cheat in worklife esp when dealing with $$$.
I finished in 7-8hr in 1982, run.walk jog....given completion medal; no T shirt.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I finished in 7-8hr in 1982, run.walk jog....given completion medal; no T shirt.

It's called 'instant gratification'.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1982 was the first marathon in Sg. Started from stadium. Serangoon to Lor Chuan and Lornie rd were the killers. Saw one of the runners enjoyed himself by sleeping in the middle of orchard rd. the route was totally closed to traffic then. Took 5h 15min. Took about half an hour to finish the last km because the legs will cramp after a few steps. That was my first run. I went totally unprepared thinking I was very fit as I had left army not long ago.

Only got a t-shirt. Still keeping To remember the torture.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
1982 was the first marathon in Sg. Started from stadium. Serangoon to Lor Chuan and Lornie rd were the killers. Saw one of the runners enjoyed himself by sleeping in the middle of orchard rd. the route was totally closed to traffic then. Took 5h 15min. Took about half an hour to finish the last km because the legs will cramp after a few steps. That was my first run. I went totally unprepared thinking I was very fit as I had left army not long ago.

Only got a t-shirt. Still keeping To remember the torture.

oh, yes..1st Marathon then, I remember,
Running thru City Plaza, Lornie, Orchard, Keppel, islandwide........memories..