• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

sinkie mentality on jobs

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i was brought up to believe that all jobs are equal, if there is one day i need to work in Mc Donalds for $5 an hour, so be it.
but i was quite astonished that majority of sinkies dun think like that, they want high paying and to do what they like, as good as a dream job. seemingly, everyone wants a dream job.:rolleyes:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anoter buay tahan thing is that i realise is, white collar workers tend to obstracise against blue collar workers. only sinkies behave this way!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
i was brought up to believe that all jobs are equal, if there is one day i need to work in Mc Donalds for $5 an hour, so be it.
but i was quite astonished that majority of sinkies dun think like that, they want high paying and to do what they like, as good as a dream job. seemingly, everyone wants a dream job.:rolleyes:

All jobs suck. That's why they have to pay people to do them.

If jobs were fun and exciting the employee would pay the employer for the pleasure.

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

All jobs are equal in what way? Usefulness? Status? Importance? Difficulty? The market does not appear to think so and you can see this as reflected by the salaries.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
All jobs are equal in what way? Usefulness? Status? Importance? Difficulty? The market does not appear to think so and you can see this as reflected by the salaries.

Salaries are market driven. It's a demand vs supply equation.

In the 80s, the manufacturing industry was desperately short of engineering grads and those with a year or two of experience could often command salaries in excess of $3k.

When supply was increased by allowing foreigners in, salaries dropped accordingly.

Had the government not allowed foreigners to work in Singapore, the manufacturing industry would have died a long time ago. Thank goodness the PAP had the foresight to ensure that this did not happen.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Supposing there's AV industry in Sillypore, not so high paying for male actor but pays reasonably well for female actor.
Will we get to see more Sinkies be it male or female to take up this job for the sake of fun and interests?

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Salaries are market driven. It's a demand vs supply equation.

In the 80s, the manufacturing industry was desperately short of engineering grads and those with a year or two of experience could often command salaries in excess of $3k.

When supply was increased by allowing foreigners in, salaries dropped accordingly.

Had the government not allowed foreigners to work in Singapore, the manufacturing industry would have died a long time ago. Thank goodness the PAP had the foresight to ensure that this did not happen.

I agree with you on this, but the point I was trying to get across to him was that jobs are categorised into different grades so that notwithstanding the supply/demand situations, some jobs will pay you better than others unlike his statement where he believed all jobs are equal.

No matter the demand for cleaners they will never be paid as much as a surgeon.

iamhere

Alfrescian
Loyal
All jobs suck. That's why they have to pay people to do them.

If jobs were fun and exciting the employee would pay the employer for the pleasure.

In reality, the nation have been providing welfare state benefits "minimum wages" in millions to each individual leech aka papee, (juz because of one party rule system) to leeches aka papees leeching on the system. These leeches aka papees wasting nation's time and resources and etc every single second of the Mother Earth's day. By some unfortunate default, we as a nation have to put food on table and tonnes of $$$ for these leeches...

The country needs the government (employees of the public) to work for the country.
Can these leeches aka papees become self reliant? Get a job and be prepared to work hard
at least for once in a lifetime. Stop Leeching on the system.

FUCK PAP, FUCK PAP, FUCK PAP.........
MAY PAPEES, CRONIES N FAMILIES BURN ETERNALLY IN HELLS.........
MAJULLAH SINGAPURA.........
GOD BLESS SINGAPORE..............
REMEMBER to

VOTE papees OUT

do yrself, yr forefathers and yr generations to come, a favor, a service and a long-awaited justice

:wink::wink::wink::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink::wink::wink:

iamhere says a lot about this:"The democracy shall cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those LEECHES who would not.”

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you on this, but the point I was trying to get across to him was that jobs are categorised into different grades so that notwithstanding the supply/demand situations, some jobs will pay you better than others unlike his statement where he believed all jobs are equal.

No matter the demand for cleaners they will never be paid as much as a surgeon.

The reason why cleaners are not paid as highly as surgeon is do you trust a cleaner to cut you open for open bypass surgery? Or someone that actually has done this multiple times before?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The reason why cleaners are not paid as highly as surgeon is do you trust a cleaner to cut you open for open bypass surgery? Or someone that actually has done this multiple times before?

Would anyone trust our overpaid PM LHL with anything sharp:biggrin:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sometimes I wondered if given the opportunity, some cleaners may become better than those surgeons in Sg. The selection process for med course is first by academic results than by don't know what. Surgery needs good dexterity. So some cleaners may have better inborn skill than those surgeon who acquire their skill by sheer training. A trained sprinter can never outrun a born sprinter given the same opportunity.

Maybe they should introduce practical test like dentistry entrance test.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes I wondered if given the opportunity, some cleaners may become better than those surgeons in Sg. The selection process for med course is first by academic results than by don't know what. Surgery needs good dexterity. So some cleaners may have better inborn skill than those surgeon who acquire their skill by sheer training. A trained sprinter can never outrun a born sprinter given the same opportunity.

Maybe they should introduce practical test like dentistry entrance test.

You should check out the selection process here, especially usyd. Its not just about good grades, there is an extensive interview process just to make sure this is what you want to do for a living.

http://sydney.edu.au/medicine/future-students/medical-program/admissions/MMI_info.pdf

MMI Framework: Hierarchy of attributes
The skills and behaviours you are asked to assess at each MMI station will fit within a standard hierarchy.
1. KNOWLEDGE relevant to the question: we expect applicants to have curiosity and interest in their
environment and a general knowledge of major issues facing society in Australia.
2. The capacity to draw IMPLICATIONS from that knowledge.
3. INSIGHT INTO OWN attitudes and views relevant to the issue.
4. INSIGHT INTO OTHER people's attitudes and views relevant to the issue.
5. Ability to FORMULATE AN APPROACH to address the issues that takes account of 1-4.

So no, its not just the grades here to qualify you as a doctor.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Personally I only feel that all jobs are equal when I am financially dependent. E.g when I have a savings of say $800k to $1mil.
Without financially sound I will feel dejected, depressed if I am working as a security guard or macdonald.