• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

In Oz, Max $500 to Extract 4 Wisdom Teeth. In SG, $1100 Per Tooth. Song Bo?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]DEAR TRS, I AM APPALLED AT SINGAPORE'S HEALTHCARE COSTS![/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
4 Dec 2014 - 12:52pm

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Dear TRS,

Recently, I paid a visit to a dental clinic to have my wisdom teeth extracted. I currently reside in Australia and decided to visit Singapore to use what's left of my Medisave account to pay for my procedure. After the entire procedure was done, not only did I realise I was charged $1100 per surgical extraction per tooth, but due to my Medisave not having a $2000 minimum sum, I was unable to touch any of my money in my account. My mother ended up using her Medisave to "subsidise" my procedure, and I was left to pay a hefty amount of close to $800 to have 3 of my teeth extracted.

My decision to have this procedure done in Singapore was not without careful planning. I had more faith in the surgical hygiene of Singaporean doctors and healthcare sector and was also told that my procedure could be subsidised almost entirely. However, faced with an exorbitant bill, I realised that if I had the procedure done in Australia, it would cost me a maximum of $500 to have all 4 teeth taken out by a dentist of equal calibre. I am a member of their public health welfare system (Medicare) despite not being a citizen or PR, and their subsidies come from the government, not their own people's health fund.

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Not only are the medical prices ridiculous, we are unable to touch what is in our Medisave account without going through
government vetting and a slew of paperwork procedures. It boggles my mind as to why we are not allowed to touch money that is rightfully ours without reaching a "minimum sum". And even if we do, we are unable to decide how much of that money we can use to pay for our procedures. This is preposterous and limits not only the financial ability of a country's citizens, especially its elderly, but is a clear breach of human rights and of the freedom to make choices for ourselves regarding our own health.

Things need to change around here in Singapore, no more "what to do"s and "bo pian"s, "suck it up"s and "live with it"s - if you want to have a better life, fight for what is rightfully yours. Don't sit around letting the government push you around. You don't owe them your living, you owe it to yourselves. For your health, your life, your happiness and your families.

Nalina
TRS Contributor

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I doubt the credibility of this post. How is she covered under medicare if she's not an aust pr or citizen?
Between, if i'm not wrong, dental care is not covered under medicare.

If she has more faith in the sg dental care system, it's only right that she pays more for it. Why is she shocked with the bills as she would have checked about cost before operation.

Suck fucktard is a disgrace to sg.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have my doubts, because if the Australian system is similar in most ways to the Canadian system, going to see the doctor, surgery and staying at the hospital are covered by the government "medicare' but prescription medication and dental care are not covered.

In Canada, free medicare is for citizens, PR's or immigrants, as well as (more recently) foreign workers.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am so happy that i am an Australian...:smile:

Even happier to see sinkies screw themselves due to their ball-lessness. :smile:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably under the Spouse sponsorship visa, they have slightly "less" benefit.

I doubt the credibility of this post. How is she covered under medicare if she's not an aust pr or citizen?
Between, if i'm not wrong, dental care is not covered under medicare.

If she has more faith in the sg dental care system, it's only right that she pays more for it. Why is she shocked with the bills as she would have checked about cost before operation.

Suck fucktard is a disgrace to sg.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what-farking-ever lah.............anytime better than here lah.............

better to be a dingo in Australia it seems...............

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Thailand the price of extractions can costs from SIN$40 to $240. Maybe that is why you have many medical tourist going there.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Decades back, I was real poor. I took out my wisdom tooth by tying a string around it and attached the string to a door knob. I then call my neighbour, a fellow student at Toh Tuck Secondary to help me slam the door.:o

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Decades back, I was real poor. I took out my wisdom tooth by tying a string around it and attached the string to a door knob. I then call my neighbour, a fellow student at Toh Tuck Secondary to help me slam the door.:o
den u became superman n flew 2wards ze door n banged ur head against ze door! ... :eek:

ur tooth is wiser dan ur head! ... :o

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro I thought this only happen in lau fu zi :biggrin:

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you secondary school already got wisdom tooth? You retain how many years siah.

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The writer should be tracytan866 the liar. I have extracted 2 wisdom tooth which cost less than SGD 400...

Extract of wisdom teeth depend on the position and also whether it will affect the teeth beside the wisdom teeth...

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The writer should be tracytan866 the liar. I have extracted 2 wisdom tooth which cost less than SGD 400...

Extract of wisdom teeth depend on the position and also whether it will affect the teeth beside the wisdom teeth...

PAP ib working hard today? How is your ass Chee buy that you offered to your PAP master last night? Did you get good tips from being ass screwed?

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I had more faith in the surgical hygiene of Singaporean doctors and healthcare sector and was also told that my procedure could be subsidised almost entirely."

:eek: Gong Chee Bye.....