• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Advice on pre-paid SIM card for Johor

JohorRookie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I plan to stay for a few days in Johor to get a feel of "living in Johor" and at the same time to familiarize myself with the different "Taman".

Does anyone have an updated knowledge of the best Pre Paid data plan in JB for just a couple of days ?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I plan to stay for a few days in Johor to get a feel of "living in Johor" and at the same time to familiarize myself with the different "Taman".

Does anyone have an updated knowledge of the best Pre Paid data plan in JB for just a couple of days ?

If you are on Singtel, you can subscribe to the 1G dataplan for auto roaming in MY. It only cost S$10 per month.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

DIgi has a pre-paid card that allows you to pay RM30 for 1 year validity. (works out to be S$1/month) This is good if you go in only once in a while.
I always subscribe to their RM3/day plan with 150MB quota. (i think).
They also have other internet package for 1 week, 1 month, higher bandwidth, etc at different prices.
But one thing very important to note is that it is auto renewal.
Got one time i forgot to cancel the subscription and came back to SG. It automatically deduct RM3/day till all my balance gone.

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Asianbo,I also use Digi,personally I find it ok,for rm 20 you can get a card and some value inside for usage,just that the expiry date for the card is short(something like 2 mths),gotto top up again to retain e line to be active,use it for navigation most of the time,was at penang to attend a frend's wedding,goggle map for navigation most of the time on the rental car,manage to get to the places I want.The lady whom sell me the card didnt tell me have to de-activate the internet,thus my account was empty as rm3 was deducted daily for internet.
Jus share some shortcut here for digi card as I learn on the way:

*116# for activate internet
*128*3*1*1*1# to de-activate internet
*126# for phone balance
*128# for digi menu

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Asianbo,I also use Digi,personally I find it ok,for rm 20 you can get a card and some value inside for usage,just that the expiry date for the card is short(something like 2 mths),gotto top up again to retain e line to be active,use it for navigation most of the time,was at penang to attend a frend's wedding,goggle map for navigation most of the time on the rental car,manage to get to the places I want.The lady whom sell me the card didnt tell me have to de-activate the internet,thus my account was empty as rm3 was deducted daily for internet.
Jus share some shortcut here for digi card as I learn on the way:

*116# for activate internet
*128*3*1*1*1# to de-activate internet
*126# for phone balance
*128# for digi menu

My Digi card bought for 1-year validity was dead after a few months. Inside storage value was all wiped out too. No Digi for me.

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe dont top up so much,for rm20,I think still be able to manage,thou I only kana wipe out due to not cancelling the internet,however now that I had learn how to cancel,thik should not be a issues bah,but say if you top up rm 100 then kana wiped out, it's TL.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe dont top up so much,for rm20,I think still be able to manage,thou I only kana wipe out due to not cancelling the internet,however now that I had learn how to cancel,thik should not be a issues bah,but say if you top up rm 100 then kana wiped out, it's TL.

For U-Mobile, they have a table comparing their plan against others. The validity period per $ may be double of some. E.g., RM50 top up can prolong the life of your card for 100 days.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Digi internet good, but the curse if you forget to unsubscribe. Happened to me on first time. Learn my lesson and still using Digi.

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
DIgi has a pre-paid card that allows you to pay RM30 for 1 year validity. (works out to be S$1/month) This is good if you go in only once in a while.

This matter interests me as I have 3 prepaid malaysian phone cards where their ‘Long Life Validity' periods expired recently. :(

It is my understanding that the Digi 'Super Long Life Validity' option is no more available. It was formerly RM30 for 1 year validity.

Celcom had an even better deal which was also withdrawn - RM30 for 1 year and RM50 for 2 years.

Does anyone know if any other telcos still offer these "long life" options? It is my understanding that prepaid numbers may be ported over to another telco.

Thank you in advance.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
This matter interests me as I have 3 prepaid malaysian phone cards where their ‘Long Life Validity' periods expired recently. :(

It is my understanding that the Digi 'Super Long Life Validity' option is no more available. It was formerly RM30 for 1 year validity.

Celcom had an even better deal which was also withdrawn - RM30 for 1 year and RM50 for 2 years.

Does anyone know if any other telcos still offer these "long life" options? It is my understanding that prepaid numbers may be ported over to another telco.

Thank you in advance.

No wonder my 1-year SIM card was dead for no reason. Digi should honour its obligation and not terminate existing users' numbers with cash in it. I will no longer subscribe to Digi for its poor customer service.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder my 1-year SIM card was dead for no reason. Digi should honour its obligation and not terminate existing users' numbers with cash in it. I will no longer subscribe to Digi for its poor customer service.

i bot digi sim card once last time, didnt make any calls.
Kosong after few mths, then top-up again. kosong again..

after that..go kfc/macd w wifi to get a feel of "living in Johor" :p

Isabella

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you interested in Malaysian telco, go for UMobile package UMI48 (RM50.00) topup with 2GB highspeed data plan and it also comes with 100 free minutes local calls and 30 local SMS's provided.

Otherwise, you can also choose DiGi as some of the suggestion above !