• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can Lim Boon Heng win back Aljunied GRC back for PAP?

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The People's Action Party's (PAP) slate of potential candidates for opposition-held Aljunied GRC is "getting into place" former PAP chairman, Lim Boon Heng said last night.

He spoke to reporters during a community event attended by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, in the PM's first public appearance in Aljunied GRC since his party lost the constituency to the Workers' Party in the May 2011 General Election.

Lim+Boon+Heng.jpg

Will you vote for him?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sending him is a sign that PAP has conceded Aljunied and Hougang at the next GE.

Last edited:

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Surely PAP has stronger candidates to fight in Aljunied GRC?

What about :

Chan kee-chew?

Dr Anus Koh?

Zorro Lim?

Ms Tin Tin?

Surely they are better candidates ?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
As an observer, the ruling PAP is losing popularity (same old same old) whilst the WP is gaining (despite not having offered anything new). Regional and global dynamics have more or less stabilized and the masses are showing confidence in "untested" parties. My take is that PAP is likely to lose more seats in the next general election. But I doubt if people's lives will change much because of this. Things will flow in the direction it is going now.

Cheers!

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A Weak PAP In A Sorry State

Sending in Lim Boon Heng, a crying baby, an ex Minister, to spear head PAP's battle in Aljunied and Hougang is a sure sign that PAP is weak and in a sorry state.

Can any Singaporean truly look up at LBH and consider him to be a heavyweight worthy of a fierce battle?

Sending LBH to champion Aljunied's battle shows that PAP has conceded Aljunied and Hougang and do not see them as the fiercest it expects at the next GE. PAP cant even send in a heavyweight like its Chairman, or a DPM to attack WP's stronghold.

PAP is showing the following:

1. PAP is weak and in a sorry state never experienced since 1965
2. PAP has problem retaining and recruiting real talents
3. PAP has few candidates and these are weak candidates
4. PAP has limited resources and cant afford to risk the precious little it has fighting in WP strongholds.
5. PAP realises that it is better to concede Aljunied and Hougang by sending in lioghtweights rather than lose the few strong candidates it has eg GY during GE 2011.
6. PAP expects fierce battles at some GRCs and are reserving the Chairman, Sec Gen, DPMs to defend these GRCs.
7. PAP expects to lose some Ministers

It comes as a surprise that PAP's decline is so fast and furious. The demise of PAP govt is imminent, faster than most experts have predicted

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lim+Boon+Heng.jpg

Will you vote for him?

LBH will unlikely be standing as a candidate but merely acting as a strategic adviser for the team. I would say it a dirty job cause if the team loses, he gets the bad mark but if the team wins, credit goes to LHL.

PAP chances in Aljunied is slim unless there is a internal split in WP like what happen to SDP in the 90s. The way WP works is to quickly strengthened their grassroots foundation in their area so that PAP will find it difficult to dislodge however hard they attack WP. So once WP captured some areas, it will become very difficult to win back as PAP's experience in HG had proven.

Thus the more urgent task for PAP is not to win back Aljunied but to stop WP from winning more seats. And this is done by keeping WP team in Aljunied busy fighting their own battle instead of lending fire support to other WP teams.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ever saw him in person at a friend's wedding dinner, this guy is a fox, the impression he gave me. look at the above crocodile tears picture, you will understand what i am saying.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
The People's Action Party's (PAP) slate of potential candidates for opposition-held Aljunied GRC is "getting into place" former PAP chairman, Lim Boon Heng said last night.

He spoke to reporters during a community event attended by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, in the PM's first public appearance in Aljunied GRC since his party lost the constituency to the Workers' Party in the May 2011 General Election.

Lim+Boon+Heng.jpg

Will you vote for him?

On Mr. Lim Boon Heng s'forehead is the word chopped...EXPIRED

Trust me , he is on the way out...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why don't he just stay in his cushy Temasek job, only emerging out of his rat hole once in a while to take potshots at the opposition?

Well paid and minimal responsibility at Temasek. Don't be a useful idiot for the Lees. If Lee Hsien Loong wants to assemble a suicide squad, he should lead one himself.

Hey Pinky, for once in your life be a real man and 御驾亲征 at Aljunied GRC lah. :kma:

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
LBH will unlikely be standing as a candidate but merely acting as a strategic adviser for the team. I would say it a dirty job cause if the team loses, he gets the bad mark but if the team wins, credit goes to LHL.

PAP chances in Aljunied is slim unless there is a internal split in WP like what happen to SDP in the 90s. The way WP works is to quickly strengthened their grassroots foundation in their area so that PAP will find it difficult to dislodge however hard they attack WP. So once WP captured some areas, it will become very difficult to win back as PAP's experience in HG had proven.

Thus the more urgent task for PAP is not to win back Aljunied but to stop WP from winning more seats. And this is done by keeping WP team in Aljunied busy fighting their own battle instead of lending fire support to other WP teams.

me think he is testing the water himself....in case he needs to step in 2016 PE

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is ridiculous to get someone not even standing for election to lead the team.

There is a son of a former minister Chua Sian Chin in the team, Chua Eng Loong. Not only is he not made leader of the campaign, he is buried behind a verbal diahorrea team leader Victor Lye. I don't know who made Lye a team leader. Expect a lot of laughs as he will be the next Koh Poh Koon.

PAP Aljunied campaign chances is weakened before the battle starts.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
As an observer, the ruling PAP is losing popularity (same old same old) whilst the WP is gaining (despite not having offered anything new). Regional and global dynamics have more or less stabilized and the masses are showing confidence in "untested" parties. My take is that PAP is likely to lose more seats in the next general election. But I doubt if people's lives will change much because of this. Things will flow in the direction it is going now.

Cheers!

At the rate the PAP is screwing up peasant of Sickapoor the ruling party will surfer
a great defeat for the coming Erection!

Take COE for instant a car cost a mere $15K in other Cuntry but it cost $115K in PAP
run Cuntry!!

ERP Gantry all round Sickapoor, the last count was 72 by NOW it could have reach 100 ERP Gantry
and the just increase ERP charges as they like, giving all kind of crap excuses, traffic being slow etc,
just CTE people going home Late Night still pay ERP !! these are just simple example of how greet
the ruling party has become!!! Money No Enough???

Petrol and Oil price going South, Petroleum company sit back relax does nothing!! PAP behave as thou
nothing happened!!

Million dollar salary ministers cant solve simple task and asked for people's opinion!!!

Bonus for their own people/Civil Serpent whereas Commercial company are suffering we get
NO BONUS just a miserable $12.00 ang pow for CNY!!!

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: A Weak PAP In A Sorry State

Never mind LBH will cry in front of Aljunied and ppl will give him half vote but PAPAYA will still Lose!!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know if the increased cost of living can be attributed to PAP or not, but they will take the blame, being in charge of affairs in Singapore. I have not noticed any of the oppos proposing ways/methods of arresting the increased costs as they would play it safe by not saying anything that cannot be fulfilled, so better remain quiet. Singapore is limited by the small land space, and nobody can do anything about that, despite being paid huge sums of money. So while collecting their huge salaries, just don't rock the boat, and make hay while the sun shines, or rather, just collect the money and hope it lasts. That's the way politicians are.

Cheers!

At the rate the PAP is screwing up peasant of Sickapoor the ruling party will surfer
a great defeat for the coming Erection!.....................

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Clearly PAP doesn't think they stand a chance. If they really want Aljunied back, they should send one A* team to fight the WP's A team.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't he just stay in his cushy Temasek job, only emerging out of his rat hole once in a while to take potshots at the opposition?

Well paid and minimal responsibility at Temasek. Don't be a useful idiot for the Lees. If Lee Hsien Loong wants to assemble a suicide squad, he should lead one himself.

Hey Pinky, for once in your life be a real man and 御驾亲征 at Aljunied GRC lah. :kma:

Yes..I sar.poort what u say..

If Pinky does just that and stand in Aljunied and lost...he will gain my respect back...

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ever saw him in person at a friend's wedding dinner, this guy is a fox, the impression he gave me. look at the above crocodile tears picture, you will understand what i am saying.

if not a fox how to be minister..................how to stand out among a sea of PAP lapdogs and porlumpars ???

Lim Shit Say is the most poisonous snake though..............