• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Would you buy Renault Fluence 1.5Dci Diesel Saloon Car at S$114,999?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Just a word of caution... a number of Jap car makers have set up factories in South America in order to service the US market. Some have plants on former Eastern block countries.

The quality of out of these plants has been patchy. Honda has had a lot of teething problems with its recently commissioned plant.

If possible stick to models that are assembled in Japan. In the case of Toyota they have a reputable assembly plant in Thailand that produces the majority of its pick up trucks for the Asian market and the quality is excellent as the plant has been going for years.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Froggies and the Italians make the worst cars on the face of this earth. They are world renowned for their lack of reliability.

I wouldn't drive a French car even if it was FREE!

Agree. Italy or french car suck.
Buy Germany Audi, WV or BMW.
Mercedes quality also not very good now.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
if shopping for a new car, especially Japanese makers, maybe wait a while first as yen is dropping like a stone which in turn reduce price of the car. already I have PI of Honda quoting me less than $100k for the new Honda freed spike even though listing price $105K. it was listed as $112k when I was in the showroom in early nov. So the price already slash by $10k in a month despite coe had gone up by $3k.

If not mistaken, Honda freed is made in Indonesia and its design for south east asian market. Its probably Rupiah dropping like a stone too thats bringing the price down.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only Renault worth even a 2nd look is the Megane RS....
You'll need to top up extra 50% of your budget for that

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. Italy or french car suck.
Buy Germany Audi, WV or BMW.
Mercedes quality also not very good now.

But their ride and handling i like. French cars famous for comfortable suspension and italian for handling.But its the switches and electronics thats the problem. Anyway, the feel of a continental car is different from japanese ones. Its like having a girl. Do you want a boring reliable woman or one that is totally unpredictable.
In any case, the renault comes with a 5 year warranty provided you service the car according to their schedule or something like that. The renault fluence is actually something like the proton to malaysia actually. its not a car to brag about.

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If not mistaken, Honda freed is made in Indonesia and its design for south east asian market. Its probably Rupiah dropping like a stone too thats bringing the price down.

Honda freed is 7 seater while the Honda freed spike is a 5 seater. the PI insist the freed spike is JDM. both cars look the same other than the spike only has 2 rows of seat and the rear side wind screen replace by a piece of plastic. was tempted by the price but worry by after sales service from PI. PI only offer 3 year warranty while I think kah motors is 5 years plus 3 years free servicing. I owned a jazz before, kah motors no free servicing in the past. Must be VW and Kia change kah motors mindset.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You don't need expensive stuff to be happy.

CRW_4343w.jpg

CRW_4314w.jpg

JoverChew

Alfrescian
Loyal
smallUpgradedM113oftheSingaporeArme.jpg

I prefer this Car. Can carry lots of passengers.

If not happy with car in front, just rammed thru them.

Driving also easy, 2 joysticks control only

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
smallUpgradedM113oftheSingaporeArme.jpg

I prefer this Car. Can carry lots of passengers.

If not happy with car in front, just rammed thru them.

Driving also easy, 2 joysticks control only

I like this OWS Ultra too but now only assign to reserve units. Detroit Diesel engine. 25mm bushmaster.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
The features look good. The price looks good at $114,999.
It runs on diesel. Cheap Cheap. It has got good features and best of all its continental!

Any bros with experience with Renault reliability and service quality of Wearnes Automotive?

paying 114K for a small car is a ripoff!

in angmo countries this car costs less than 20K...

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Merc workshop would be running at 150% capacity then. In other words your Merc's sitting there for days waiting to be fixed.

they dont.. when a merc is broken down, you just dump it in the sea and buy a new one.

SockPuppet

Alfrescian
Loyal
paying 114K for a small car is a ripoff!

in angmo countries this car costs less than 20K...

In S'pore car prices are like this... Sometimes need to have my own... I can't be borrowing from others all the time.

this one is already considered cheaper than most.... The bros here telling me I should buy German. I where to find such money....

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
In S'pore car prices are like this... Sometimes need to have my own... I can't be borrowing from others all the time.

this one is already considered cheaper than most.... The bros here telling me I should buy German. I where to find such money....

VW polo or audi a1?

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Call cab and take a ride in it to see how it feels.. ask the taxi uncle also, they know best, after all they spend so much time with it, their mileage can tell you basically anything about the car.

14367825790_1daf2e2701_z.jpg

zbolsdu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Call cab and take a ride in it to see how it feels.. ask the taxi uncle also, they know best, after all they spend so much time with it, their mileage can tell you basically anything about the car.

thanks for the pic.