• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Black Friday Fizzles With Consumers as Sales Tumble 11%

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too many sales.....Black Fri, Cyber Mon then Christmas...all within a month. Cannibalizing each other

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Too many sales.....Black Fri, Cyber Mon then Christmas...all within a month. Cannibalizing each other

If the price is right I will spend my $. I spent $1,000 to $2,000 this time around.

I got a branded luggage for US$60. Also got a better internet radio, sportswear, kitchen ware..etc Things that are usually not available in Spore. In Spore the same luggage would have cost me $300 to $400. However they now no longer carry this brand because there are cheaper brands out there & some people are not as fussy about their luggage.

I don't like to go shopping but make a list of what I want to get months ahead. When Black Friday comes around I make my purchases on that day because I know that it is when you are likely to find deals in the US.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
exchange rate is quite high for usd, making it a turn off for me. last year was better.

If the price is right I will spend my $. I spent $1,000 to $2,000 this time around.

I got a branded luggage for US$60. Also got a better internet radio, sportswear, kitchen ware..etc Things that are usually not available in Spore. In Spore the same luggage would have cost me $300 to $400. However they now no longer carry this brand because there are cheaper brands out there & some people are not as fussy about their luggage.

I don't like to go shopping but make a list of what I want to get months ahead. When Black Friday comes around I make my purchases on that day because I know that it is when you are likely to find deals in the US.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I spend very little on luxuries since I don't drive, don't gamble or smoke,... Like everyone else I have to live on a budget. However I do invest in quality & plan to spend on quality items like a $2,000 chair because I think it is a good long term investment & I know that I will be using it because it is getting too crowded out there. Now with the haze it is also getting unhealthy.

Xmas is also the end of the year & I have some $ left in my piggy bank, so I know I have a surplus:smile:

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I notice that the bag which I paid US$60 during Black Friday sales is now back to the normal price of $273.99.

Yeah, amazon said cyber monday deals, perhaps your bag that was on sale during black friday sale has ended. That was some massive savings you enjoyed!! 200+

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah, amazon said cyber monday deals, perhaps your bag that was on sale during black friday sale has ended. That was some massive savings you enjoyed!! 200+

I received smaller discounts on most of the items that I purchased, such as memory cards($2), internet radio($10),...etc Even when you don't receive special Black Friday savings there are other reasons you might want to shop at places like Amazon. If you are looking for Pacsafe products the range & colors that you find in Spore is lacking. I know because I did look.

The clothes I picked up were US branded hiking pants & shirts which I find comfortable. You used to be able to find them at Ion or Novena but many of the shops have scaled back their inventory or closed. Some items cannot even be found in Spore. Where in Spore can you find a quilted cover for a toaster:confused: Actually I got one to protect my juicer but it is the same size as a toaster:smile: