• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tales of a taxi 'Uncle'

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Worked part-time as taxi driver
In Gotham City to pay for my tuition
Learned what cannot be taught
In classroom by observing animals
Blame experience for my atheism
Making money from money more fun
Fark Lightning for useless propaganda
Taxi driving is dream job for idiots

[video=youtube;J9PCcx7i4xQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9PCcx7i4xQ[/video]

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
This story is probably PAP propaganda. Maybe the PAP want Sporeans to consider cabbying as a legitimated career:confused:

They don't tell you the ugly side of fare cheats, traffic accidents, jams, high cost the cab companies charge to rent the taxis,....

if all jobless PMEs become cabbies.......PAPigs wud be belly happy & claim credit & justification giving jobs to FTs
Brilliant

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
my pleasure... and now it is peak hour for taxi... please go fetch people ok.. or else that Si Kup Por will comprain and rant about no cab this amd that...:biggrin:
I'm in Bangkok la, no need taxi la.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
krafty
u can try to be tutor, the tuition market is big

This is the reason why asians are low on creativity and big on rote learning. Asians are forced to take too many subjects and eventually, not applying all that we learnt when employed. Europeans on the other hand, goes to school to find their field of interest. And eventually apply what he learns when employed.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This reporter on assignment as a taxi driver claimed taking is at least $3k and if good can be $4k, this despite single driver, if have relief driver takings would have increased by maybe another $1.5k which makes monthly income between $4.5k to $5.5k.

Not small sum.

Several years ago, in between jobs, my brother drove the night shift, and he indicated that it is very challenging. Long hours and uncertain net income, after paying for taxi rental and petrol.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
From what I heard, $4k a month is not difficult if you drive solid 10 hrs shift 6 days a week, and cover your rental on the 7th. 1 driver only. In fact $6k a month is achievable, if you are ultra disciplined.

But most drivers earn $3k plus. If $2k a month the driver is probably driving only 8 hrs with a 2 hr makan cum chit chat session incl.

danielsim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Met a cab uncle in his late 50s. He just wanted to retire and be flexible with his timings. Many good stories from him. Respect.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have you passed the baton to Chootchiew?
please give your GPS and maps to him.

Hello bro thanks for your concern :smile:
I cannot overcome the fear of the primary requirement of this job.I am a total blur sotong on the road. E.g in any district, I do not know how to find the way to the nearest expressway. :o Using GPS is just a added advantage but it cannot be relied on 100%. I need 100% not even 99% becos I am a total road blur fuck. Also not enough time to key in GPS all the time. haiz this is my dream job though.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if all jobless PMEs become cabbies.......PAPigs wud be belly happy & claim credit & justification giving jobs to FTs
Brilliant

I doubt there are enough taxi jobs out there for all the unemployed or soon to be unemployed Sporeans. For the next GE it will be easier for the 60% i.e. bread & butter issues like jobs, CPF, high cost in Spore, ....