• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tales of a taxi 'Uncle'

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This reporter on assignment as a taxi driver claimed taking is at least $3k and if good can be $4k, this despite single driver, if have relief driver takings would have increased by maybe another $1.5k which makes monthly income between $4.5k to $5.5k.

Not small sum.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This story is probably PAP propaganda. Maybe the PAP want Sporeans to consider cabbying as a legitimated career:confused:

They don't tell you the ugly side of fare cheats, traffic accidents, jams, high cost the cab companies charge to rent the taxis,....

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
to reach this amount, discipline is required. :o

This reporter on assignment as a taxi driver claimed taking is at least $3k and if good can be $4k, this despite single driver, if have relief driver takings would have increased by maybe another $1.5k which makes monthly income between $4.5k to $5.5k.

Not small sum.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dun forget there is no cpf contribution too. it's not a good career for the young but something a senior person 'd like to do cos he get to travel to all parts of s'pore, and get to listen to oldies on radio.:o

This story is probably PAP propaganda. Maybe the PAP want Sporeans to consider cabbying as a legitimated career:confused:

They don't tell you the ugly side of fare cheats, traffic accidents, jams, high cost the cab companies charge to rent the taxis,....

Maximuz

Alfrescian
Loyal
to reach this amount, discipline is required. :o

A cabby (former MOE teacher -- hm wonder why I added this) told my friend he makes 4k a month, but it takes 12 hours of driving, seven days a week.

Another newbie cabby says he does the same thing but only makes 2k.

Are either of these accurate?

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal
A cabby (former MOE teacher -- hm wonder why I added this) told my friend he makes 4k a month, but it takes 12 hours of driving, seven days a week.

Every job has different pay scales.
like insurance and housing agents.
some earn one to two K per month.
others may earn ten to twenty K per month.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it really depends on how you want to drive to make that amount. taking into account, many young ones are becoming drivers and market is no good, not so easy to get passengers recently. only weekends are better.

Sinkies

Alfrescian
Loyal
now i know why no taxi on the road.. instead of working, krafty spens hisntime here surfing amd writing on sammyboy...wtf! :oIo:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
it really depends on how you want to drive to make that amount. taking into account, many young ones are becoming drivers and market is no good, not so easy to get passengers recently. only weekends are better.
My experience as a commuter is its so damn difficult to get a cab any time in Singapore and the queue at the stand is always so long and often when taxis come to the stand it's booked. Sian leh.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
probably you take cab during peak hours, other times are ok.

My experience as a commuter is its so damn difficult to get a cab any time in Singapore and the queue at the stand is always so long and often when taxis come to the stand it's booked. Sian leh.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dun forget there is no cpf contribution too. it's not a good career for the young but something a senior person 'd like to do cos he get to travel to all parts of s'pore, and get to listen to oldies on radio.:o

Driving long hours means better chance of getting involved in accidents, demerit points etc. Occupational hazard.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
just be more careful, importantly, must have a relief driver, dun do one man show...

krafty... i am curious... do u really drive a taxi?

do u have some sort of electronic device that you use while surfing sammyboy and driving at the same time?

please dun be offended hor...i just curious loh...

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, using iphone, can type...:smile:

most importantly, fuck pap on the move!

krafty... i am curious... do u really drive a taxi?

do u have some sort of electronic device that you use while surfing sammyboy and driving at the same time?

please dun be offended hor...i just curious loh...