• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Need advice on getting a landed in JB

Thermofisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's more the reason that you should go to talk with some banking credit officers on your case.
Everyone has different credit limit based on your income, age, commitments, job security, etc......
As it this is a major commitment, you need to do more, don't just listen to what others say.
Talking to bankers don't cost money, just spare some time and you'll get all the answers you needed.

Can I just walk in to any bank in JB or I can ask the HH sales rep to refer me to the banker? I use the online calculator the repayment can be as high as 8krm based on 4.2-4.5% interest rate @ 30 years...loan amount is approximately 1.5mil RM. It is quite a hefty sum...

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can I just walk in to any bank in JB or I can ask the HH sales rep to refer me to the banker? I use the online calculator the repayment can be as high as 8krm based on 4.2-4.5% interest rate @ 30 years...loan amount is approximately 1.5mil RM. It is quite a hefty sum...

Actually i dun tink ur calculations/estimations are wrong. Loan amount of 1.5million is the problem.
Meaning you are looking to buy a property in excess of 1.8m close to 2m.
I think u are trying to bite off more than u can chew here.
Juz my 2cents.

:confused:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, you can walk into any bank and request to speak to the credit officer on loan matters, remember, YOU are their customer and they NEED your business!
Pick up the phone and make an appointment first to make sure someone will attend to you.
Be honest during discussion on your income, commitments, upfront cash available for DP, etc. so that they can help to assess your loan amount.
You are not going for an important job interview so there is nothing to be worried about, ask all the questions you have in mind while there.
Go to different banks and later do your own spreadsheet on their offer and compare.
Its a big investment, so don't be lazy!
If you can't even obtain a reasonable bank loan, then you can forget about the purchase.

Thermofisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually i dun tink ur calculations/estimations are wrong. Loan amount of 1.5million is the problem.
Meaning you are looking to buy a property in excess of 1.8m close to 2m.
I think u are trying to bite off more than u can chew here.
Juz my 2cents.

:confused:

sorry if I have project that impression. I am only aiming at around 1.5mil sales price. I am not sure if HH does give any subsidies or discount as someone mentioned HH does not offer that.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
After looking at Australia property, I wonder why MY seldom build single storey houses? Except for the low cost housing. I hope to have a condo and a nice single storey landed when I retire.
A single storey house like those common in Australia would be more appealing to me, as I don't have to climb the stairs when i am old and frail :smile: of course the house has to prove that it is not prone to flash floods.
My relatives in their fifties who stay in terrace houses always complain about climbing the stairs, some even moved to the small room on the ground floor.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
After looking at Australia property, I wonder why MY seldom build single storey houses? Except for the low cost housing. I hope to have a condo and a nice single storey landed when I retire.
A single storey house like those common in Australia would be more appealing to me, as I don't have to climb the stairs when i am old and frail :smile: of course the house has to prove that it is not prone to flash floods.
My relatives in their fifties who stay in terrace houses always complain about climbing the stairs, some even moved to the small room on the ground floor.

LOL! That's why I find the Scientex Skudai Opal Imperial cluster house very cool, it has a lift inside provided inside!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL! That's why I find the Scientex Skudai Opal Imperial cluster house very cool, it has a lift inside provided inside!

Wait till you see your lift utility and maintenance bills, then you might feel a bit hot under the collar!

Thermofisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wait till you see your lift utility and maintenance bills, then you might feel a bit hot under the collar!

I agree and prefer the landed to be as simple as possible. Lift is nice to have but will have problem maintaining it. Am looking at HH Valley Terrace unit at RM1.3mil ++.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree and prefer the landed to be as simple as possible. Lift is nice to have but will have problem maintaining it. Am looking at HH Valley Terrace unit at RM1.3mil ++.

If you saw what you like, are happy with it, then just go for it. Wait too long the boat float away liao.

okkidoggi

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you saw what you like, are happy with it, then just go for it. Wait too long the boat float away liao.

There are always opportunities in property investment, just catch another boat if you miss one. 'Don't wait' is an agent talk.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are always opportunities in property investment, just catch another boat if you miss one. 'Don't wait' is an agent talk.

If buying for investment, maybe true is agent talk. But if buy for own stay, not necessary is agent talking. For the house we bought and currently stay in, we saw it and quickly chope it because we liked it and it was within budget. Later we were told that someone actually offered 100k above to buy it. Had we delayed a week or so maybe today still living in HDB. What I am saying is that the mindset is different when you buy to live vs buy to let or buy to flip.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
If buying for investment, maybe true is agent talk. But if buy for own stay, not necessary is agent talking. For the house we bought and currently stay in, we saw it and quickly chope it because we liked it and it was within budget. Later we were told that someone actually offered 100k above to buy it. Had we delayed a week or so maybe today still living in HDB. What I am saying is that the mindset is different when you buy to live vs buy to let or buy to flip.

the beginning of 2012, still can yayapapaya to select fengshui houses. Not until after that..:eek:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Even if can obtain loan for RM1 mil, monthly is more than RM5K based on 30 years, its going to be very tough for you!
At your age, can you still get 30 years loan period?