• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Need advice on getting a landed in JB

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are buying at a Foreigner price whereas a Malaysian pay for half your price or less. Does that ring any bell?

That is technically incorrect. The correct way is to say that you are buying at a foreigner dominated prime location, and paying double the price of an inferior local-dominated location.

For the same piece of real estate entered into at a similar time, the local bumi can get at most only 15% discount. Local Chinese Malaysians pay the same price as foreigners, albeit the foreigner pays a 2% foreign levy.

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you all think I could get a better deal in resales market?

If you want to spend $1M bucks, you might as well buy brand new with all the security and warranty. You can only get a better deal in the resale market if you are Malaysian. Join the Facebook group JB property for sale or rent, you can see all the pricing in the resale market.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you want to spend $1M bucks, you might as well buy brand new with all the security and warranty. You can only get a better deal in the resale market if you are Malaysian. Join the Facebook group JB property for sale or rent, you can see all the pricing in the resale market.

True, buy resale only if you want house now and cannot wait.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now exchange rates is in favor of sg. Will it go to 1:3? Msia property will crash? Any chance getting cheaper housing?

Actually you should visit the Sutera Mall for the property exhibition going on right now over the weekend to see the choices available.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia houses are already so cheap in Singapore dollars terms, expensive for Malaysia ringgit terms.

If Malaysia properties prices crash, it might happen in other states but never in Johor. Don't worry, the price goes down the Spore dollar earners ( could be expat, sporean, Malaysians etc ) will snap up the properties. After all, RM 1 million cluster houses is only the price of an old 3-room flat in Chai Chee or Yishun.

Now exchange rates is in favor of sg. Will it go to 1:3? Msia property will crash? Any chance getting cheaper housing?

silverv

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to stay 1-2 weeks to have a feel. To rent one a month...how much and will anyone rent to a month lease?

i got a fully furnish 400sqft semi-d at bandar seri alam . Can rent you for a month :smile:

Just done up the bamboo garden last month ...

FFKFong

Alfrescian
Loyal
i would really advise not to go for resale unless its a really good deal. Defination of good deal varies with everyone. Imortant thing is you like the place and surrounding and comfy with it. In my opinion HH is a little overpriced, but still there are ppl buying into it. Maybe wait for Ecobotanic second phase or sunway medini if you can afford it bro. If you are buying to invest, i would advise you to hold your horses. But if you r buying for own stay, then go for whichever place you like. If you r unsure if its overpriced, you can always ask here. Plenty of friend will provide insight

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
to buy a house at rm 1 million, why don't you rent? With 1 million you can rent for 20 years. I think 3000 rm a month can get you a rented house.

after paying sooooo much..its not yours.
You will have to return it,if price bcomes so irrestible,landlord will kick you out and sell.

Buying and it yours and to sell at a profit or worst sceniario get some back for what you have paid

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buyer's beware is always true.
No one really knows where's the best place to buy.
Up to your own judgement and acumen.
Whether can make money will only be known 5 to 10 years down the road.
Just buy what you like. If it doesn't make money as least you won't feel so bad owning it.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buyer's beware is always true.
No one really knows where's the best place to buy.
Up to your own judgement and acumen.
Whether can make money will only be known 5 to 10 years down the road.
Just buy what you like. If it doesn't make money as least you won't feel so bad owning it.

You are right. Of course no one will feel bad owning a property they like.....unless the property start to add burden to them financially (eg. unable to find tenant......paying exorbitant maintenance fees for no reason, hardship due to bad feng shui of the property etc).

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Some of the overpriced landed property are Eco Summer and Eco Spring houses. Worst is the high monthly maintenance fee that the developer can't even commit now to the existing buyers.A part from location, factors to consider if you wanted to buy landed property are distance to HTC, maintenance fees, type of land title, floor plan design etc.

Wow. It's after CNY and cslong is back at his best slagging other developers as usual. Guess all that karma BS is like his fengshui tips. I wonder how moderator allows this guy to even spew this nonsense day in day out. Come on cslong, we love to see you slag other properties. You missed out setia. Go on. We are waiting for your true colors. So this is what you mean by being a good forummer. We must all learn from you. Btw where is asusguy the clone? Can he tell u to respect other property buyers too?? Cslong grow up lah. Ur charade is over. Why until now so scared to answer my two questions???

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Please give valid comment in the thread. Learn to contribute to the forum wisely. If you have nothing to contribute, at least learn to be polite and don't be rude to the moderator. Ranting will not improve your reputation. You deserve your current reputation unless you start to change.

Please open your eyes and see. Already warn you before you have two strikes before boasting about ur stupid rep points. It means nothing. You better learn to be polite and don't be rude to everyone here. Ranting will not improve your reputation. You deserve your current reputation unless you start to change. HA! Fell into my trap again !

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hahaha!!!...... I thought you wouldn't buy reputation points just to win an argument here ...but you did it! You childishly fall into my trap after all. How much you spend to buy those reputation points? If you really want to increase your reputation, try earn it. Buying reputation point doesnt make you a better person. Now your pocket have a big hole! Currently selling $1 per reputation point! :biggrin:

Little boy. I already told you. Rep points don't mean anything. It can be bought. Already told u before many times. Yes i got money to spend. You don't. Ur rep points so low. Better respect others with rep points higher than u n learn to be humble. At the rate u are going with ur slagging others no wonder still so low. Hahaha. It's a rush! I didn't know it's so fun to boast over others who have lesser rep points than me! Told u before three strikes n u have to suck thumb now.