• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A*Star scientist who walked naked through Holland Village took up two scholarships

TheHumanLeague

Alfrescian
Loyal

A*Star scientist who walked naked through Holland Village took up two scholarships

She could have rejected second one if she wasn't keen on research: Agency

Published on Dec 1, 2014 8:13 AM

ST_20141129_ENG290ZGW_864327e.jpg

Dr Eng Kai Er is protesting against her six-year bond and says she is in a job "not aligned with her interests".

By Sandra Davie Senior Education Correspondent

SINGAPORE - The scientist and dancer who is protesting against her six-year scholarship bond, because she is in a job "not aligned with her interests", received funding for two university stints - and could have turned down the second if she was not keen on research.

The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*Star) has revealed that Dr Eng Kai Er spent three years studying as an undergraduate at Britain's prestigious Cambridge University before returning here to do a one-year research stint at A*Star in 2006.

At the end of that, she took up a second scholarship to study for a PhD in infection biology at Swedish medical university Karolinska Institute. She completed this at the end of 2012 and now works in an A*Star research institute studying infectious diseases.

However, last week, Dr Eng, 30, criticised the bond in a blog and set up a "No Star Arts Grant" in protest - pledging to give $1,000 a month from her salary to support arts projects for a year.

"Eng Kai Er is not interested in science at all, but has to serve her bond or pay, as of 30 September 2014, around $741,657.37 in order to quit her job," she wrote.

"Since she understands the pain of having a paid job that is not aligned with her interests, she wishes to change the world by having more instances of paid jobs aligned with people's interest."

It is believed she tried to transfer her bond to the National Arts Council but was unsuccessful.

A*Star told The Straits Times that its returning PhD scholars are expected to serve at least two years at one of its research institutes.

After the stint, those who do not want to remain in research are allowed into related fields such as industry development or research administration. Some also go into academia.

Dr Eng has served two years of her bond and has four more to go.

A*Star said in a statement: "On a case-by-case basis, we will consider deployment to other organisations, should such deployment contribute to strengthening the overall research, innovation and enterprise ecosystem in Singapore."

A*Star added that it was "highly supportive" of employees who contribute to the arts and other social causes and many of its staff do so in a private capacity.

But it reiterated that government scholarship holders have to be held accountable to the public for the amount invested in them.

"Scholarships also carry a moral responsibility and recipients are expected to fulfil their commitment to serve Singapore in fields related to their studies."

Asked if she had asked for a transfer, A*Star would say only that it was aware Dr Eng "has issues with serving out her bond commitments". It added it was "deeply concerned" about her actions and would "decide on appropriate steps to be taken".

The former Hwa Chong Junior College student first hit the news in 2009 when she was fined $2,000 for walking naked through Holland Village with Swedish exchange student Jan Philip.

She was given a warning but allowed to keep her scholarship.

Dr Eng's arts grant has provoked mixed reactions.

Ms Estella Young wrote to The Straits Times Forum to say she showed a "shocking lack of appreciation for the hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on her".

However, some feel the Government should be flexible and let scholarship holders serve their bonds in their areas of interest.

Some in the arts community have welcomed Dr Eng's grants. She is part of a programme to groom directors at The Substation Theatre and recently staged a play titled Fish.

[email protected]

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A*Star scientist who walked naked through Holland Village took up two scholarship

I'd love to hear story of Ah Meng and Dr.Eng Kai Er

... Meng, you can use E for her character :biggrin:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A*Star scientist who walked naked through Holland Village took up two scholarship

thank goodness I didn't get to see her naked.............i'll probably turn gay...............

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

I'd love to hear story of Ah Meng and Dr.Eng Kai Er

... Meng, you can use E for her character :biggrin:

sorry hor... she cannot even beat my secretary in terms of looks.

better go for a teeth reconstruction surgery first, then see how hor.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

sorry hor... better go for a teeth reconstruction surgery first, then see how hor.

teeth like that good for blow job, it will bring out the real man instinct in you

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal

thank goodness I didn't get to see her naked.............i'll probably turn gay...............

Totally agree. Not only is she fucked up in character but real fucked up in looks as well. She's fucking ugly and I hope she's reading this.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

teeth like that good for blow job, it will bring out the real man instinct in you

no thanks... i not into bleeding dick type of fun.. :biggrin:

Alfrescian
Loyal

they gave her a 2nd chance and after 8 years she did this to them.....

hmmmm...she is either well connected or the people running the scholarship programmes are f*$knig stupid....

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

She had wonderful time in UK fucked by blackie & in Sweden fucked by caucasian........
paid for for scholarship
Even back in sg still fucking angmoh - too bad she din noe can get negro cocks here too....

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

She had wonderful time in UK fucked by blackie & in Sweden fucked by caucasian........
paid for for scholarship
Even back in sg still fucking angmoh - too bad she din noe can get negro cocks here too....

At least in terms of fucking, she made the right choices.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you ask me, all the square and nerdy types in her research lab. so she found liberty and people she can communicate with at the theatres. and some are very creative. Its just a matter of time before sinkies make one hollywood blockbuster in the likes of Titanic once MV Fugro finds MH370 and she will be the next James Cameron.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ST_20141129_ENG290ZGW_864327e.jpg

Look at those ghastly parched lips. That is the consequence of sucking ang moh cock for years. :biggrin:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

aiyoh.................those angmohs so unpicky meh..............see her, how to get erection ?!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

aiyoh.................those angmohs so unpicky meh..............see her, how to get erection ?!

Aiyoh, you still dunno ang moh taste in Asian women meh? They like the exotic looking ones. :wink:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

U know this bitch is destined for a career in the civil service,either that or shes gonna end up sucking krafty's dick for 5 dorrar at geylang or little India or flipping burgers at mickey dees.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

By the way her IQ is 149, can anyone in sammyboy match that?