• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM Lee says his children have not yet expressed interest to join politics

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
M Lee says his children have not yet expressed interest to join politics
POSTED: 01 Dec 2014 23:46

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong in an interview on Beijing Satellite TV.
A
A+
SINGAPORE: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said his children have not yet expressed an interest to enter politics. He was fielding a question on his family during an interview with Beijing Satellite TV last month, the second part of which was aired on Sunday (Nov 30).

When asked if he would influence or encourage his children to join politics, Mr Lee candidly shared that they would have find their own way of life.

"They will have to make choices," he said.

"Every child is different," said Mr Lee. "Of course parents would wish for their children to be successful but they all have different natures. Some may be more interested in arts while others could be keen on computing or science. This is something that will have to be developed based on their preferences."

GOVERNMENT WORKING TO BOOST POPULATION GROWTH

In the interview, PM Lee also shared Singapore's efforts to boost its birth rate.

The Government is "paying close attention" to early childhood education and childcare services in a bid to encourage Singaporeans to have children, he said.

Singapore's Total Fertility Rate dipped to 1.19 last year - from 1.29 in 2012.

Explaining the need to focus on childcare services, Mr Lee said: "This is because many women would like to continue working after they have children."

"But who will take care of the children when that happens? If you have elderly parents who are not that old, they can help you care for your children. But some grandparents may say 'I have fulfilled my responsibilities, I have no problems. But if you want me to take care of your kids, change their diapers, find someone else to do it'," he said.

Mr Lee added that the government can only go so far to encourage families to have children; couples have to make the decision themselves as it is ultimately a "very personal" one.

"We can only explain to them, make them understand," he said.

"You may be young now but one day you will grow old too. And when you do, you may feel that 'I should have given birth to more kids'. But it would have been too late for regrets then," Mr Lee said.
- CNA/dl

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When asked if he would influence or encourage his children to join politics, Mr Lee candidly shared that they would have find their own way of life.

"They will have to make choices," he said.

"Every child is different," said Mr Lee. "Of course parents would wish for their children to be successful but they all have different natures. Some may be more interested in arts while others could be keen on computing or science. This is something that will have to be developed based on their preferences."

Agree with him that every child is different.. For his kids, they are way too different from ordinary Sinkie kids.. They are the heirs to the throne of the Royal FamiLEE.. Of course he won't admit this but one day, one of his sons will inherit the throne, the land and will shower themselves in abundant prosperity..

Albino Prince to be appointed Prince Regent, Hongyi will ultimately sit on the throne..

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What a shameless liar. How can anyone with common sense keep supporting this dunce? :rolleyes:

Even if you support the PAP, at least root for a less scummy PAP individual.

rPpk8.jpg

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree with him that every child is different.. For his kids, they are way too different from ordinary Sinkie kids.. They are the heirs to the throne of the Royal FamiLEE.. Of course he won't admit this but one day, one of his sons will inherit the throne, the land and will shower themselves in abundant prosperity..

Albino Prince to be appointed Prince Regent, Hongyi will ultimately sit on the throne..

60%: Long live, my dear Emperor!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u mean its not for democracy to decide but rather a matter of whether any of his royal offsprings wants to ascend the throne?

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please no more Hakka Lee regimes and their cronies. I think Singaporeans are bored with them already. Too much inbreeding in local politics the country has become rather unhealthy and genetically poor.

We need new blood and fresh ideas!!

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It is very obvious that LHL is a down to earth leader whose primary concern is the well being of Singaporeans.

Based upon all the interviews that I have watched, he comes across as a very honest, humble and sincere person and I am extremely proud to call him my Prime Minister.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
He is only considered down to earth when buried 6 feet or more.

You're just being rude and people like you just reinforce my opinion that LHL is one of the best PMs.

Losers like yourself resent him simply because he adopts the "tough love" approach to leadership.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're just being rude and people like you just reinforce my opinion that LHL is one of the best PMs.

Losers like yourself resent him simply because he adopts the "tough love" approach to leadership.

Really? I thought Thatcher was the best.

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
As they say, brilliance skips a generation. Maybe dim witted LHL might have a son who is a super politician like LKY.