• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie groom goes ahead with the wedding alone after slaps from the bride

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Do you tell the women you date upfront that there is no marriage on the horizon, or do you tell them much much later? :biggrin:

The current concept of marriage is too Christocentric. The idea that marriage has to be monogamous and lifelong has its foundations in Catholicism and gained universal acceptance as it took care of issues surrounding inheritance.

However, it does not fit well with human nature especially for the alpha male.

Genetics dictates that the dominant male fertilise as many females as he can in order to improve the species while the beta male would have extremely limited opportunities.

In this topsy turvy world we now live in, it is the other way round. It cannot be a good thing for the long term survival of mankind.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
The current concept of marriage is too Christocentric. The idea that marriage has to be monogamous and lifelong has its foundations in Catholicism and gained universal acceptance as it took care of issues surrounding inheritance.

However, it does not fit well with human nature especially for the alpha male.

Genetics dictates that the dominant male fertilise as many females as he can in order to improve the species while the beta male would have extremely limited opportunities.

In this topsy turvy world we now live in, it is the other way round. It cannot be a good thing for the long term survival of mankind.

You got to be kidding me. If the world is run based on "human nature", life would be short and brutish for some people. That could have been you, since you would not have known how your life would turn out right after you were born.

Modern societies are functional largely owing to the concept of equality, especially in conjugation and procreation. You and that nonagenarian ignoramus are truly incapable of comprwhending the other, violent side of human nature.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You got to be kidding me. If the world is run based on "human nature", life would be short and brutish for some people. That could have been you, since you would not have known how your life would turn out right after you were born.

Modern societies are functional largely owing to the concept of equality, especially in conjugation and procreation. You and that nonagenarian ignoramus are truly incapable of comprwhending the other, violent side of human nature.

That's my concept of life.. short and brutish for some and dominant for those who earn the right to dominate.

Of course it could well mean that I'd be snuffed out in the process but then this isn't about any particular individual. It's about survival of the fittest and how this ensures the evolution and long term survival of any species.

The problem with us nowadays is we try to add a human element to any sob story in order to pander to the emotions of the intended audience.

EG when Israel pounds the loser Palestinians with bombs, we are shown images of dying babies and weeping mothers. It detracts from the bigger picture and is not sound journalism as it is no longer a news report. It becomes a drama episode instead.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is all you need to know about marriage:

[video=youtube;HIp-2N4uZiA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIp-2N4uZiA[/video]

I enjoy the company of women but I spit on the institution of marriage in the modern context.

Die-hard romantics and traditionalist conservatives are idiots. :rolleyes:

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any marriage is doomed to fail. Considering both parties have different objectives and goals for the union, how could it not fail?

The bridegroom, exchanging wedding vows, looks at his nubile, radiant bride, thinks 'How lovely she is, those tits, her JLo butt, how slim she is. Oh, let her never change'.

The bride, looks at her husband to be, thinks 'He smokes, drinks, is overweight, farts in his sleep. Never mind, I will change all that'.

You can guess what will happen - yes, the woman will change and the man not.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Humanity has finally found a way to self-destruct itself.

Humanity has finally found a way to self-destruct itself.
Source (SBY): Sinkie groom goes ahead with the wedding alone after slaps from the bride
Marriage is no longer a once-in-a-lifetime event. It should be treated just like any other temporary arrangement.

Hi Mr Leong, wonder if U have kids, factually (nothing personal) I believe that U are damned if U do and the same if U don't.

Indeed, $$$ isn't everything, some like a decent, jazzy wedding at least for the memories and also as somewhat of a feast/ appreciation to parents/ elders for bringing them up well etc.

In any case, if marriage (or the lack thereof) is a "temporary arrangement", then by your logic it follows: the same applies to any kids born: indeed, one would probably be so haphazard (neglectful) in their upbringing, they will probably be none too bright, and even if smart, would probably be of nefarious device (overwhelmed by instant gratification): surely a drug addict I can almost even smell...

As such follows, such ill-bred kids can only be a pain to the parents (if not society) during their parents old age.

The same applies if u have no kids: your perception and thus response to younger minders in your old age would be so debased (and filled with suspicion), I foresee no way U might enjoy your silver years.

When u start degrading all established human relationship constructs to mere temporary flings, U erode the trust needed for security and happiness to flourish to mere happenstance chance/ theft even: consequently, the happiness U now experience is "short and brutish", never fulfilling, never satisfying, never even real. Like a heroin addict forever in withdrawal state: and dependent on crime just to feel alive (fix): in a constant state of depression or death, life has become too hard to carry on: the view of hell becomes the apperation always by his side: the Grimm reaper awaits.

Christianity (AND to some extent all other mainstream religion: Abrahamic, Hinduism and even Bhuddism) have somewhat held the world together since the start of (earth) time: maybe humanity has finally found a way to successfully self-destruct (nuclear Armageddon?).......

Last edited: