• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Universities Down Under lose appeal for S’poreans

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In today's world, unless you are going for the ivy league type of university, my thoughts is it really does not make sense to go for overseas study, when there opportunity to do so in Singapore.

Maybe many years back when Singapore was still in early stage of development, the opportunity for U studies was not that many, hence the parents decision to sent their children overseas.

Nowadays with the advent of internet and private Us here, it might not be necessary anymore.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
In today's world, unless you are going for the ivy league type of university, my thoughts is it really does not make sense to go for overseas study, when there opportunity to do so in Singapore.

Maybe many years back when Singapore was still in early stage of development, the opportunity for U studies was not that many, hence the parents decision to sent their children overseas.

Nowadays with the advent of internet and private Us here, it might not be necessary anymore.

A melayu pig Abdul Ghani made it to Meniteri Besar of Johor....... he graduated from Monash Australia

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not sure if you heard of this, graduates from UK tend to be lazy...acknowledged by employers.:o

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only Malaysians like to study in Australia because they think they can get a job and residency there. That is why we need more universities in singapore, so we can welcome, WELCOME more malaysians onto our shores. It is a more practical choice, and they will have no problems finding a job here, that i can assure you!

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Only Malaysians like to study in Australia because they think they can get a job and residency there. That is why we need more universities in singapore, so we can welcome, WELCOME more malaysians onto our shores. It is a more practical choice, and they will have no problems finding a job here, that i can assure you!

Indeed Msians like Australia.

Even our resident jiu hu kia here also keep dreaming of living there

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you want to experience the awesome angmo countries, only then you should study in angmo countries.

otherwise just be contented and enjoy your peesai country for the rest of your life!

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

we need to give FREE sekolahSHIP to them while denying same to our sgian! Sg style affirmative action

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree what's so special about getting a degree in Australia a drinking colony?where people are off work by 5 and drunk by 6?Aussies are the laziest people in the world and its a achievement to graduate from there?these chinks are crazy.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not sure if you heard of this, graduates from UK tend to be lazy...acknowledged by employers.:o

This is an over generalisation. The UK has some of the best Universities in the world. Where it all started to go downhill was when the Polytechnics and Colleges of Higher Education were granted 'University' status circa 1990. This diluted the quality of many of the newer redbrick universities.

The Government of the day should have kept the distinction.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stupid jiu hoo kia who thought he can lie to immigration and work illegally in Aussie land :p

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G7sz61CWB7s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is an over generalisation. The UK has some of the best Universities in the world. Where it all started to go downhill was when the Polytechnics and Colleges of Higher Education were granted 'University' status circa 1990. This diluted the quality of many of the newer redbrick universities.

The Government of the day should have kept the distinction.

I am sure discerning employers can tell which are the real universities and which are the upstarts. It is the graduates who cannot discern if their institution is pedegree and peasantry.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

No need lah. For some reason, multinationals offer Malaysian graduates from local private and public universities jobs, then send them to singspore on expatriate pay. I also dunno why. Maybe for training. They get company loan for car and housing in KL though. Plus company expat housing in sinkie.