• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Longevity : A curse or blessing?

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whether you are the MM, CEO or the cardboard collecting old lady, living past 80 or even 90, when all your senses are dulled, unable to walk or need help to do so, or worst still, sickly, but not able to pass on, is longevity a curse or blessing?

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
This world is beautiful and shitty at the same time and depending on how and where you look at it.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It all depends upon whether the quality of life is up to expectations.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether you are the MM, CEO or the cardboard collecting old lady, living past 80 or even 90, when all your senses are dulled, unable to walk or need help to do so, or worst still, sickly, but not able to pass on, is longevity a curse or blessing?

It depends if one has good karma..

Living past 80 can be a blessing. My granny died peacefully in her sleep at 93....no major illness except for low blood pressure and occasional dizziness.

Unlike Emperor Hirohito who died after a long illness. He suffered a long and lingering death.

Why..???

Becos he sanctioned his war cabinet and participate in their war plans to invade other nations and kill their civilians.

He was not the ceremonial Emperor I thought he was.

mamadrama

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No point adding years to your life if there is no life during those years.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;GbtzdYqFzU8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbtzdYqFzU8[/video]

80/90 yr old .... old meh

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It can be a blessing or a curse.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It depends if one has good karma..

Living past 80 can be a blessing. My granny died peacefully in her sleep at 93....no major illness except for low blood pressure and occasional dizziness.

Unlike Emperor Hirohito who died after a long illness. He suffered a long and lingering death.

Why..???

Becos he sanctioned his war cabinet and participate in their war plans to invade other nations and kill their civilians.

He was not the ceremonial Emperor I thought he was.

Yes, we hope for mobiliity and peaceful death once our children are able to take care of themselves. Chinese do believe in karma if they still need to provide for and take care of their children at advance age, regardless it is due to nature or nurture. They cannot leave with peace of mind - the key criteria for a peaceful passing.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It depends.
I saw 1 ah pek close to 90 type still can go geylang order 2 chicken at 1 goal, the chickens helped him to walk with crushes both left and right being helped, for his is a blessing.
LKY type mouth cannot close, and daily need people stand behind , once never notice kena kar chng attack, is a curse.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It depends.
I saw 1 ah pek close to 90 type still can go geylang order 2 chicken at 1 goal, the chickens helped him to walk with crushes both left and right being helped, for his is a blessing.
LKY type mouth cannot close, and daily need people stand behind , once never notice kena kar chng attack, is a curse.

90 year old in clutches is not a blessing, 90 year old still run marathon then is a blessing.