• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nhg polyclinic's "subsidised" medical check-up cost more than my private gp!

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
NHG POLYCLINIC'S "SUBSIDISED" MEDICAL CHECK-UP COST MORE THAN MY PRIVATE GP!

Post date:
30 Nov 2014 - 2:32am

NHG_0.PNG

Dear TRS,

I have been overcharged for a consultancy that took only 30 minutes of "professional" service by NHG polyclinics staff while wasted 3 hours of waiting for my queue to be called. NHG polyclinics supposed to be a public service clinic where most Singaporeans like me will go to enjoy government subsidy. But after this visit, I have a wrong understanding on the meaning of government subsidy.

On 27th November, I visited the NHG Polyclinics at Choa Chu Kang. My appointment was 8.30am but knowing that polyclinics are always filled with long queue, I went on time to obtain my queue. I visited the NHG CCK branch for a medical check-up for my application of taxi provisional driving license.

First, I was attended by a Chinese lady (guess must be a trainee nurse) who could not speak proper English. She spent about 3 minutes asking general questions about my daily routine. I have to ask her to repeat her questions many times, and I have to utter my sentences word by word for her to record my answers correctly. She spent another 5 minutes to test my eyesight. It took less than 8 minutes if not because of her struggles to converse in English.

Then I was referred to another medical officer, who just spent her time on the computer screen to trace my health record. She spent most of her times staring at the computer screen, tickling the mouse button, to browse through my past medical records. After reading the information, she verified each record from the computer screen with me. It more like an interrogation for me to endorse my medical history than trusting the system. Next, the only justified service that she did on me, was to check my blood pressure (BP). I spent less than 10 minutes with her. She confirmed that the check up is complete and advised me to proceed to the payment counter. The bill summed up to S$41.90 !!! I made the payment unhappily. In between these 2 useless routine checks, I wasted 3 hours waiting for both of my queues to be called and spent less than 15 minutes of services, to be charged S$41.90.

I left the polyclinic at 11.45am. Not happy with the medical check-up service, I walked to my family doctor (General Practitioner) that is just across the NHG polyclinics. As there was no queue, I was attended in less than 10 minutes and the clinic assistant at the GP repeated the same routines as what the NHG polyclinic staff did like checking my weigh, height, eye-sights, and even colour and contrast tests (which were not done by the NGH polyclinic staff). The GP doctor then checked on me that included the BP (blood pressure), my pulse on my wrist and even using a stethoscope on my front/back chest. The GP doctor then queried me with details questions and answer on my medical/health background. After spending about 20 minutes of this thorough check up, the GP advised me to look after my health with regular exercise and balanced diets. After all these, the GP charged me only S$28. That is huge discount to the NHG charges of S$41.90 !!!!. A public clinic spent less 15 minutes on me charges S$41.90 whilst a private GP that did a thorough check, charges only S$28. This daylight robbery on the part of the NHG polyclinic. Aren't they supposed to be public service clinic??? Can someone please explain to me the meaning of government subsidy?

Is our NHG polyclinics becoming like our million-dollar minister corporation who are highly paid with obscene salary but doing negligible duties???

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once upon a time polyclinics were genuinely cheap: affordable and okay service. Other than the sometimes horribly long waiting times, I had thoroughly enjoyed my visits there when I was a sick child. I remember the nurses there would be wearing their traditional white uniforms with a nurse hat, they would also call out your name loudly over the P.A system.

Today, all you need to do is find out who are the directors in NHG and Singhealth, and you'll find your answer.

http://www.singhealth.com.sg/AboutS...urLeadership/BoardofDirectors/Pages/Home.aspx

Peter%20Seah.jpg

Chairman
Mr Peter Seah Lim Huat
Chairman, DBS Group Holdings Ltd and DBS Bank Ltd
& Member, Temasek Advisory Panel

https://corp.nhg.com.sg/BMNSM/Pages/default.aspx

1.%20Mdm-Kay-Kuok.jpg

Chairman
Madam Kay Kuok
(of the Kuok Group) More info

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That busybody, why highlight this on TRS? Now they will force GP to raise charges... He really think that one simple post on TRS will result in NHG polyclinics to lower their charges?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
private clinic where got so cheap............I just went to see my regular GP for cough......

gave me cough syrup and 2 packs of pills.................$38 ............:oIo:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Big question here is Why would someone repeats a medical check-up in 2 different places ? Just for the sake of comparison ?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once upon a time polyclinics were genuinely cheap: affordable and okay service. Other than the sometimes horribly long waiting times, I had thoroughly enjoyed my visits there when I was a sick child. I remember the nurses there would be wearing their traditional white uniforms with a nurse hat, they would also call out your name loudly over the P.A system.

Today, all you need to do is find out who are the directors in NHG and Singhealth, and you'll find your answer.

http://www.singhealth.com.sg/AboutS...urLeadership/BoardofDirectors/Pages/Home.aspx

Peter%20Seah.jpg

Chairman
Mr Peter Seah Lim Huat
Chairman, DBS Group Holdings Ltd and DBS Bank Ltd
& Member, Temasek Advisory Panel

https://corp.nhg.com.sg/BMNSM/Pages/default.aspx

1.%20Mdm-Kay-Kuok.jpg

Chairman
Madam Kay Kuok
(of the Kuok Group) More info

There are many ah neh doctors hired by polyclinic and hospital. How else can explain why I keep meeting ah neh doctors in my few visits in the recent years? And they dont allow you to choose doctor. Really unlucky.