• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SITEX 2014 - Worth Going for KLKK?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Nothing to do, reading the papers happen to see this. Is it worth going for a leisure kia-lai-kia-kee walk? Nothing to buy really but normally this type of event have interesting things to see?

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For years Sitex in Sillypore always got the same retailers (rather than exhibitors) booth to clear their old stocks.
Price is not really a discount in my opinion, they just bundle in with free gifts to entice consumers.

If you are looking out for babes, you won't get to see much either.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok lah... nearby got lobbinson sales

creative launching their new X7 which they bundle with the better selling raw ans woof2 all for $499 which is consider good deal. raw itself is also bundled with a nos of other items. other then that, plenty of ah long there pitching you to take credit cards and what fark card.

and as always quite a nos of rojak stalls.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can go and look look. if tens of dollars matter to you, items like the laptops and monitors are at least $30-$50 cheaper than usual with some freebies thrown in. can get the TVs at a good price.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
tv nothing special lah... just audio house with samsung fighting with HN on sony. nothing to see... i rather wait for xmas sales and checkout them again.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
i AGREE, not to waste time.

It is better to use your time to do business and think of something more meaningful to do. Going to these shows does not make you rich. It is just like saving you a few dollars do not make you rich.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Harvey Norman is one of the biggest retailers there claiming to clear their old stocks at discounted price.
Pricing based on their ads today for camera is almost the same as before giving any discounts all these while.

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
No babes, but got babies in strollers brought by idiotic parents who cant think of the consequences if pandemonium occurs.

Dark said:
If you are looking out for babes, you won't get to see much either.

erection201l

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing to do, reading the papers happen to see this. Is it worth going for a leisure kia-lai-kia-kee walk? Nothing to buy really but normally this type of event have interesting ....

Unless you are interested in rubba-rubba pantat and smell the ah nehs stench..

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you want to squeeze with peasants and smell their sweat and cheap perfume, go ahead. :biggrin:

For some people, that already more than makes up for the cost incurred for transport. :wink:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should ban the banks from selling credit cards at IT show. Bastard promoters very in your face and some even try to block your way to pass u brochures.

There has to be a more dignified way of making a living.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thank you guys, I read every single word here in this thread. So instead of going there I went to Funan today and got a new camera, Fuji my first time. Will post photos with that soon.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you guys, I read every single word here in this thread. So instead of going there I went to Funan today and got a new camera, Fuji my first time. Will post photos with that soon.

You got yourself a new Fuji X-T1?
Previously you are using Sony A7 right?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go SITEX should not just be about saving money. It's going there to enjoy the atmosphere as well. Furthermore, the whole area is full of gadgets all in one hall. Much better than going Sim Lim Squander anyway.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go SITEX should not just be about saving money. It's going there to enjoy the atmosphere as well. Furthermore, the whole area is full of gadgets all in one hall. Much better than going Sim Lim Squander anyway.

what atmosphere ? crowd suffocation only. look at the showgirls ? items are certainly cheaper than usual. you do save some money.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You got yourself a new Fuji X-T1?
Previously you are using Sony A7 right?

Was having fun with the Sony QX100 for a year, think a month ago saw their QX1 with interchangeable lens itchy backside went to get it with a fixed 20mm F2.8 and a zoom 18-200mm F3.5-6.5 E-mount lenses. Have lots of fun with it too. Much faster than the QX100 I must say in processing the picture and transfer to iPhone.

Friend looking for the Fuji X-T1 at Funan so went along lor. Was very tempted because so impressive and small but must resist cannot have another bloody set of Fujinon lens right? Already stuffed with Canon lenses and now Sony so good excuse not to get the X-T1. But then the X100T was at the side and picked it up, holy crap this cam with fixed f=23mm 32mm equivalent f/2 lens and hybrid viewfinder was so impressive, took many lego photos and really having fun with the hybrid viewfinder first time I've seen this where you can switch between optical and electronic. The temptation was too great so have to get it. Will be busy and having lots of fun with it next few weeks.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tech exhibitions in Sinkieland are nothing more than events to get rid of products that are collecting dust in the inventory.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was having fun with the Sony QX100 for a year, think a month ago saw their QX1 with interchangeable lens itchy backside went to get it with a fixed 20mm F2.8 and a zoom 18-200mm F3.5-6.5 E-mount lenses. Have lots of fun with it too. Much faster than the QX100 I must say in processing the picture and transfer to iPhone.

Friend looking for the Fuji X-T1 at Funan so went along lor. Was very tempted because so impressive and small but must resist cannot have another bloody set of Fujinon lens right? Already stuffed with Canon lenses and now Sony so good excuse not to get the X-T1. But then the X100T was at the side and picked it up, holy crap this cam with fixed f=23mm 32mm equivalent f/2 lens and hybrid viewfinder was so impressive, took many lego photos and really having fun with the hybrid viewfinder first time I've seen this where you can switch between optical and electronic. The temptation was too great so have to get it. Will be busy and having lots of fun with it next few weeks.

I'm also quite tempted with Fuji.
How much your friend got for his Fuji X-T1 and also your X100T?