• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GayLoong says S'pore society must value everybody, ....except Roy Ngerng

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
And as long as they are PAP supporters, cronies, PAP grassroot shits, and FT. All others need not be valued.
Singapore society should value every person: PM Lee at SPD 50th anniversary event

Singapore must build a fair and just society which values every individual - regardless of their circumstances, PM Lee said at the 50th anniversary gala dinner of SPD.

SINGAPORE: The Republic must build a fair and just society which values every individual - regardless of their circumstances, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said in a speech at the 50th anniversary gala dinner of SPD on Thursday evening (Nov 27).

SPD looks after the interests of those with physical disabilities and provides them social support and employment opportunities.

Mr Lee said organisations like SPD serve as a reminder of what Singapore aspires to be as a society. "Our society should value every person, no matter who he is, what he was born with or without, because every person matters to us. And these are the basic principles that should guide us as we build a fair and just society," he said.

Prime Minister Lee said the Government has been shifting its approach to social support. For instance, it is developing new policies which offer more social support for elderly, low-income and disadvantaged groups.

But even as the Government steps up its efforts, Mr Lee said groups like the SPD continue to play a critical role. Mr Lee noted how the organisation has aided 4,700 beneficiaries each year. This includes helping youths with disabilities pursue their studies and training people with disabilities for jobs.

At the gala dinner, several organisations were honoured for their support of SPD. Asia Pacific Breweries Foundation, Loyang Tua Pek Kong, NatSteel Holdings, Presto Expat Motoring Services and San Wang Wu Ti Religious Society received the inaugural SPD Patron Awards, given to donors who contributed at least S$100,000 thrice or more.

Microsoft Singapore, StarHub Ltd and Far East Organization received the SPD Distinguished Patron Awards for their donation of over S$1 million to SPD.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More empty feel-good buzzwords again. Lee Hsien Loong has been spouting this claptrap since 2004. :rolleyes:

You have to hand it to his handlers and script writers. :wink:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course! It is important to value everyone correctly. Wouldn't want some landless peasants to think they are better than the PM now, would we?

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course! It is important to value everyone correctly. Wouldn't want some landless peasants to think they are better than the PM now, would we?

True, including all Oppositions and their Supporters cos they aren't Singaporean, FIX em, FIX em.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
And as long as they are PAP supporters, cronies, PAP grassroot shits, and FT. All others need not be valued.

You're talking through your arse again. It goes without saying that those who want to be valued by society should be law abiding and contributing to the well being of the country.

Roy is a criminal and a destructive force. He spreads lies and falsehoods and undermines the values upon which the country was built.

However he is not beyond redemption. If he acknowledges his errors, I'm sure he can be rehabilitated.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're talking through your arse again. It goes without saying that those who want to be valued by society should be law abiding and contributing to the well being of the country.

Roy is a criminal and a destructive force. He spreads lies and falsehoods and undermines the values upon which the country was built.

However he is not beyond redemption. If he acknowledges his errors, I'm sure he can be rehabilitated.

To truly convince the powers that be, he will have to praise the Father and recite Hail Harry ten times. I am sure all will be forgiven in due time.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore society should value every person: PM Lee at SPD 50th anniversary event

Singapore must build a fair and just society which values every individual - regardless of their circumstances, PM Lee said at the 50th anniversary gala dinner of SPD.

SINGAPORE: The Republic must build a fair and just society which values every individual - regardless of their circumstances, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said in a speech at the 50th anniversary gala dinner of SPD on Thursday evening (Nov 27).

SPD looks after the interests of those with physical disabilities and provides them social support and employment opportunities.

Mr Lee said organisations like SPD serve as a reminder of what Singapore aspires to be as a society. "Our society should value every person, no matter who he is, what he was born with or without, because every person matters to us. And these are the basic principles that should guide us as we build a fair and just society," he said.

Prime Minister Lee said the Government has been shifting its approach to social support. For instance, it is developing new policies which offer more social support for elderly, low-income and disadvantaged groups.

But even as the Government steps up its efforts, Mr Lee said groups like the SPD continue to play a critical role. Mr Lee noted how the organisation has aided 4,700 beneficiaries each year. This includes helping youths with disabilities pursue their studies and training people with disabilities for jobs.

At the gala dinner, several organisations were honoured for their support of SPD. Asia Pacific Breweries Foundation, Loyang Tua Pek Kong, NatSteel Holdings, Presto Expat Motoring Services and San Wang Wu Ti Religious Society received the inaugural SPD Patron Awards, given to donors who contributed at least S$100,000 thrice or more.

Microsoft Singapore, StarHub Ltd and Far East Organization received the SPD Distinguished Patron Awards for their donation of over S$1 million to SPD.

Remember what George Yeo said

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The disabled can make meaningful contributions to society, says PM Lee
They should not be viewed as just people in need of help, he stresses

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/disabled-can-contribute-society-pm-lee

jason-chee-singapore-navy.jpg

"Yeah, you don't need any help, Jason Chee. Keep working and keep contributing to society!"
要拼才会赢!

[video=youtube;wflMFaDSJDo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wflMFaDSJDo[/video]

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

If you acknowledge your addiction to sheep fucking, you can be rehabilitated too.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Reminds me of SAF. All personnel are valued, but those with WH on their files are valued more.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The "WH" tag is to ensure they don't get any special treatment... or are you too dumb to realise that. :rolleyes:

If nobody is supposed to get special treatment, there will be no need for a tag. Really, u suffer from Mad Cow's

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
If nobody is supposed to get special treatment, there will be no need for a tag. Really, u suffer from Mad Cow's

The problem is that although the elite expect no special favours, it is the lowly sinkies that give special treatment to family members of the high level government officials.

The tag is to ensure that measures are taken by the CO to prevent the lower ranks from treating the sons of the elite better than the ordinary peasant stock.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem is that although the elite expect no special favours, it is the lowly sinkies that give special treatment to family members of the high level government officials.

The tag is to ensure that measures are taken by the CO to prevent the lower ranks from treating the sons of the elite better than the ordinary peasant stock.

Oh yeah like mr 2.50 nasi Padang and 0.50 bungdung.

U seem very familiar with this white horse phenomenon going on in the SAF,can share any examples of the equine differential treatment?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Oh yeah like mr 2.50 nasi Padang and 0.50 bungdung.

U seem very familiar with this white horse phenomenon going on in the SAF,can share any examples of the equine differential treatment?

I am very familiar because when I was in the army, I would treat sons of MPs and high level civil servants far better than the sons of peasants.

In fact I went all out to get into their good books hoping that they would help me later on with my career advancement.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I am very familiar because when I was in the army, I would treat sons of MPs and high level civil servants far better than the sons of peasants.

In fact I went all out to get into their good books hoping that they would help me later on with my career advancement.

So u just admitted that you treated WH better in the army. kind of contradicted yourself, didn't u?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
So u just admitted that you treated WH better in the army. kind of contradicted yourself, didn't u?

I'm sorry.. where did I contradict myself? All I did was explain why the WH tag was necessary. I've never denied being a huge admirer of the Singapore government and being in awe of my leaders.

The "WH" tag was to ensure that people like myself treated all trainees equally.